Mobile Camping Pod design

• HTML tutorial

AmeriDeckMidwest

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ready to roll out new design. All aluminum camping pod mounts on AmeriDeck SuperDeck III for loading into suitable truck. Will be available in short or long-bed versions. Much more space than a teardrop. These are shells to be outfitted by the consumer.

This pod weighs about #600 depending on the options. The lift with the pod mounted on it has a remaining capacity of #1,900 for cargo. A suitable truck will be a 2500 series or larger, which also makes for a better overlanding rig.

When unloaded from the truck the SuperDeck III can remain with the pod (simplest and very secure) or the pod can be lifted off the deck so the deck stays with the truck.

Various lifting jack options available.

Comments?

Attachments

Last edited:

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
That's pretty awesome, but unfortunately priced me out of any intrest. I'm a bottom budget wheeler, $14,875 is more than I have in my last 2 rigs combined. But then I would not be your target market. Not trying to knock you as its a very nice design and looks very versatile. Good luck with it coming to market!

AmeriDeckMidwest

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

That's pretty awesome, Good luck with it coming to market!
Thanks for the feedback! I know it's not cheap, but the all aluminum pod is being fabricated by a very experienced manufacturer so I expect to get what we pay for. The hydraulic deck (sSperDeck-III) that lifts the pod is $4,380 all by itself and has many uses beyond carrying the pod. Most SuperDeck-III's are used for transporting motorcycles or construction equipment.

Have a great weekend, Bouncer!

Attachments

Reactions: Bouncer

AmeriDeckMidwest

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

This just in!!:: We placed the order for our prototype camper pod! We expect to head to the factory to take delivery in July! Now to start taking pre-production orders. PM me for details.

AmeriDeckMidwest

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ready to roll out new design. All aluminum camping pod mounts on AmeriDeck SuperDeck III for loading into suitable truck. Will be available in short or long-bed versions. Much more space than a teardrop. These are shells to be outfitted by the consumer.

This pod weighs about #600 depending on the options. The lift with the pod mounted on it has a remaining capacity of #1,900 for cargo. A suitable truck will be a 2500 series or larger, which also makes for a better overlanding rig.

When unloaded from the truck the SuperDeck III can remain with the pod (simplest and very secure) or the pod can be lifted off the deck so the deck stays with the truck.

Various lifting jack options available.

Comments?

Attachments