Launch Member

Advocate III

Point Pleasant, NJ
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Perkins
Member #

Whats up my mitsu buds! had to search for a triple diamond thread. It's sad but also the same time great cause these rigs are the best kept secret in the 4x4 community! Currently daily driving and loving my 1993 base model that's been regeared to 4.90s. 33" wildpeaks and 2.5" OME lift. Cranked torsion bars to level it out. Here's some shots of mine.

Attachments

RAWags

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Ripon, CA
First Name
Robbie
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSK
Whats up my mitsu buds! had to search for a triple diamond thread. It's sad but also the same time great cause these rigs are the best kept secret in the 4x4 community! Currently daily driving and loving my 1993 base model that's been regeared to 4.90s. 33" wildpeaks and 2.5" OME lift. Cranked torsion bars to level it out. Here's some shots of mine.
Great looking Montero. I bet it does well regeared. These really are great vehicles. I predict the secret won't be kept for long. As the price of Land Cruisers goes up to the insane level people are going to look for another reliable, Japanese, SUV and latch onto the Montero. Give it a couple years

Stephanie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Goldston, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
stephanie
Last Name
Curlee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4CNY
Service Branch
Army
Yay Mitsubishi peeps. This pic is about a month old right after I got the ARB on the sport. Does anyone make rear off road bumpers? Doing OME torsion bars and shocks this weekend if it doesn't rain. Then the winch. I'm also on the FB Mitsubishi group.

Attachments

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Yay Mitsubishi peeps. This pic is about a month old right after I got the ARB on the sport. Does anyone make rear off road bumpers? Doing OME torsion bars and shocks this weekend if it doesn't rain. Then the winch. I'm also on the FB Mitsubishi group.
Nice Sport! There's a FB Mitsubishi group?

Reactions: Luis Merlo

RAWags

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Ripon, CA
First Name
Robbie
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSK
Spent the day exploring Frank Raines OHV in Patterson, CA. So much fun. It was perfect weather. Great place to teach my 16-year-old son to drive off-road. He did great. We brought my 1993 Pathfinder and it impressed too.

20171203_132129.jpg IMG_0742.jpg

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Last edited:

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
I have a long way to go in my social media skills. Some guys make it look easy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app
My problem is grabbing shots or video and actually represent how difficult it was. My videos make it look like a drive down a country road hahaha

RAWags

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Ripon, CA
First Name
Robbie
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSK
My problem is grabbing shots or video and actually represent how difficult it was. My videos make it look like a drive down a country road hahaha
Totally! My son shot this video yesterday. It does a much better job of showing how steep this hill was.

Reactions: Carnivore

StuntmanMike

Rank IV

Advocate II

Newport RI
Some cool looking rigs! I remember when that last gen Montero came out...the one with the rounded from fenders. I thought they were absolutely terrible, haha. Now though, on the rare instances when I see one, I think they look pretty cool.

I'll have to watch some of the videos, I always figured with IRS, they'd be pretty lame offroad.

RAWags

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Ripon, CA
First Name
Robbie
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSK
I just picked up this Gen 2 RS. I've had a first Gen SWB Raider, and I'm working on another of them as well.

View attachment 75504
How is the rig doing? I'm so glad you picked this up. I tried to get my brother to buy it and he didn't want to go out to where it was located. How good is it?