Mitsubishi Registry

• HTML tutorial

pabstandoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

jacksonville, fl
Member #

I searched and was unable to find one, so I created one! I can imagine we are few in numbers but I wanna see all the Monteros/Pajeros, the Sports/Nativas, outlanders and tritons.

Here is mine:
2003 Montero.
18342173_10203180293264293_8657066197448474562_n.jpg

So far done:
2" Old Man Emu lift
Pro Comp 16x8 La Paz wheels 0 degrees offset
285x75 BFGoodrich KO2
powermaster dual battery with yellow top and blue top optimas
smitty built 4' roof rack

and much more to be done

pabstandoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

jacksonville, fl
Member #

Not at all. Rare enough to where when I see one it's a treat, stock or not. Vast majority of owners just use them as family wagons. I live in a pretty big city and yet I know of only a few that are modified. 2 3rd gens including mine, and 1 guy who has a few of his own

Bradlybob

Rank 0

Traveler I

Years ago i saw a first gen Montero on the trails in Tellico, NC with 34x9.5 Super Swampers on stock wheels and no lift if i remember right. That thing wheeled great and looked bad ass. I considered getting one but didn't have the cash at the time.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Luis Merlo

RAWags

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Ripon, CA
First Name
Robbie
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSK
Reactions: Luis Merlo

RAWags

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Ripon, CA
First Name
Robbie
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSK
Checking in here. Picked up my 2003 Montero this week. I live in the Central Valley of California and can hit a lot of trails in an hour. I'm talking my brother's in law into getting rigs and joining me.

I lurked on a lot of Montero forums and thanks to their advice limited my search to a 03 or newer Gen 3. Was really wanting a Gen 2.5 but couldn't find one that anyone had maintained. I paid $4,000 for this. It has 122,000 miles and has been serviced religiously. Anything that went wrong the previous owner fixed right (though not that much has gone wrong in looking through his records). Not sure why these aren't more popular. For a family of five, it seems to be perfect. This may be too clean for what I want to do with it...I hope to have it for a long time.

I'm going to buck the trend and avoid a rooftop tent. I'm a middle aged big guy and the thought of climbing down a ladder in the middle of the night to pee is ridiculous. I would like to give the bumpers and rockers some protection. I don't plan on rock bashing but a lot of the trails around here are granite. It has a good set of Cooper Discoverer H/T on it. Will get something more aggressive when they start wearing out. Not going to do anything big till I do a couple trips in it, just to make sure she is running well.

I moved back to my hometown three years ago to be by family and have the kids (3 of them) know their grandparents. I grew up camping, fishing and hunting. While I've done a bit of that with the kids loading up the Honda Odyssey to go to a campsite no bigger than my living room with all kinds of rules isn't the same. I want them to explore. My dad passed away suddenly last October at 68 years old. We have no guarantee to a long life. I intend to make hay, today.

Hope to run into you on the roads/trails.

Rob

20170928_121919.jpg 20170927_181258.jpg

VDawg1115

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Oakland, CA
Member #

Love the way he did the front bumper and integrated the wench. If you have any more detail on this I'd love to do something similar.
I’ll let you know when we do another run. He frequents the trails along Highway 4. We just recently did Bald Mountain and the Monty did great. He isn’t on the forum, just recently got an IG account although he only posted one pic so far. I think best thing is if y’all just met. He recently got a 2nd or 2.5 gen, not sure. But it has a factory rear locker

Reactions: bjy10 and RAWags