Mitsubishi Outlander Sport light over land build

• HTML tutorial

Rlee5882

Rank 0

Traveler I

Well ordered the rims and tires last night. Went with Mamba mr1x wheels in black with hankook 225/70r16s . Has a 13 offset so should stick out about an inch wider and give it more of an aggressive look. Been thinking of plastidipping the hood red and black. With it having the three different defining parts on the hood do the center 1 color and the middle u shape another and keep the outer edge silver

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Well ordered the rims and tires last night. Went with Mamba mr1x wheels in black with hankook 225/70r16s . Has a 13 offset so should stick out about an inch wider and give it more of an aggressive look. Been thinking of plastidipping the hood red and black. With it having the three different defining parts on the hood do the center 1 color and the middle u shape another and keep the outer edge silver
Nice mate, should look rad!!

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

You might check out General Grabbers... The Expedition Overland guys realy like them, and they say they are pretty quiet.

I can assure you Duratracs are NOT quiet...

Toyo Open Countrys are great, and quiet, but I imagine the Generals would do better off road...

James

Reactions: Overland_Mitsu

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Word, I still want some meaty tires eventually. Not sure if that’ll be an aggressive AT or a MT tire.

Snapped a pic of O after a hike today along with some insane trees I’ll post up in the nature thread.
IMG_7554.jpg

Reactions: steve20286

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Well my trusty and reliable CVT transmission may be on the way out [emoji58] started to shudder and act odd as hell last night after a drive back from Yakima, WA. Taking it into a shop that specializes in Japanese vehicle Wednesday. May need to do a V6 outlander swap [emoji6]

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Yah I am anti CVT... In truth I am anti auto trans, but it is very difficult to find manual transmissions on cars these days. I wish people weren’t so lazy. Manuals will run for years with very little to no maintenance.

James
I agree 100%. Never in a million years did I think our outlander sport would end up like it is lol was bought to be a daily driver.

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Dropped off the outlander this morning. Should hopefully hear back soon on what’s up. But while I’m sitting here nervously my wife and I thought, why don’t we do an Evo motor swap? It would have to be down the road but would be SOOO RAD! I’ve priced out a few motors just would have to do more research into the driveline and fit but I think it could be done. I saw a company overseas did one and Nissan did a GT-r motor in a juke.

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

LOL... that’s all I got to say...

By the way, we just picked up a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander for our 16 year old daughter to replace her 1993 Mitsubishi Montero...

James

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Well I was told the CVT”valve body” is bad and is supposedly un-serviceable. They found us a used one with low miles for $1800. Along with some other things to be done we will be at $3900 our the door. Now we wait!

Of course I had to check to see what a Valve body is and am finding a bunch of info online that they can be replaced. So who the hell knows....

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Here is a link on how to do it yourself.

https://diy-auto-repair.wonderhowto.com/how-to/remove-and-replace-mitsubishi-valve-body-control-center-395691/

And you can find part online. Sounds to me like maybe it is easier to replace whole transmission, so they say it is unserviceable
Thanks man. I read that yesterday too. I feel more confident just replacing the whole damn thing. It has 60k less miles then mine does now and is under a 1 year warranty. With my luck I’d do the valve body and then something else hits the dirt. I’m starting researching doing the Evo swap. Most of the components should fit without a problem. I’ll most likely switch the trans to a manual and have to get a custom driveshaft made.

Rlee5882

Rank 0

Traveler I

Well hopefully the shop doesn't take to long on getting your OS back to you. in doing some research the other night I found out that the OS and the jeep xj width is like 1/2 off so I am thinking of trying to make a jeep xj off road bumper fit if I can find one cheap enough. May have found a rear bumper for $50. may have to pick it up to try it out

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Well hopefully the shop doesn't take to long on getting your OS back to you. in doing some research the other night I found out that the OS and the jeep xj width is like 1/2 off so I am thinking of trying to make a jeep xj off road bumper fit if I can find one cheap enough. May have found a rear bumper for $50. may have to pick it up to try it out
Oh nice dude. That could look rad. You may have to weld on custom mounts. [emoji1598]