Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I'm interested.
Here is my first Overland rig. (US Army Issued M35A1 with homemade camper)

View attachment 169271
ADA (another darn Army). A world of its own... I was attached to ADA for 7 years and thought I would never leave. My brother was a 14T for years 8 (2001-2009) serving out of Fort Bliss, TX and Korea.
Thank you for your service.

Reactions: Ceg

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I'm interested.
Here is my first Overland rig. (US Army Issued M35A1 with homemade camper)

View attachment 169271
ADA (another darn Army). A world of its own... I was attached to ADA for 7 years and thought I would never leave. My brother was a 14T for years 8 (2001-2009) serving out of Fort Bliss, TX and Korea.

I was a 63B Truck and generator mechanic in a ADA unit in Bad Hersfeld Germany from 1983-1986.

Reactions: M Rose

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
I decided to play around a bit with ideas... I tried to get it to say "CULTUS ET EXPLORARE" at the bottom where the Outfit and Explore text was, but I don't have great graphic design skills... This is what I got so far though:
View attachment 71899
I think you guys are way overthinking this.

I like the one above with a few changes. How about OD green or camo pattern, OVERLAND BOUND in the top rocker, I served in the middle and VETERAN in the bottom rocker. Simple and works for all Veterans worldwide.

Feel free to flame away...

TexasGMG

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
This thread has been going on for 2 years. I think it's a great idea, but apparently it isn't going anywhere

• Sad
Reactions: grubworm

Deemer

Rank I

Traveler I

Heath, Texas, United States
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Deemer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9ESQ
Service Branch
U.S. Navy
How about just a metal rocker that can be added under the numbered member medallion that states “Veteran” or “Military Veteran” or “Honorably Discharged Veteran”?

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
How about just a metal rocker that can be added under the numbered member medallion that states “Veteran” or “Military Veteran” or “Honorably Discharged Veteran”?
I like that idea, I already have two numbered medallions on my truck but it would be nice to have something to go under the medallion made the same as the medallion that states Military Veteran.

Reactions: Deemer

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
2 cents from a USAF combat vet:
I love the idea, it seems like the rocker kinda does the job already though. I don’t have one... it’s kinda the opposite of a tab. I do like the idea of some type of different badge for the rig though, something very subtle.
ID.com, as someone already mentioned, could be useful. I think everywhere has a way to validate their military and vets (you can redact sensitive info on a DD214 for US members), redacted drivers license if it says “veteran” etc. so many ways to validate that I don’t think it’s the hardest part

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
@grubworm always liked that one, but this was my mount -Light Armoured Recce around 1978 or so. No armour :blush: old ex-USMC .03 1944 issue cal rebored to 7.62, and big 50's era radio 3 guys lived for 7 days in that poor thing.

Ft Lewis on 15 Div Prairie I think

Jeepbush.jpg

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
@grubworm always liked that one, but this was my mount -Light Armoured Recce around 1978 or so. No armour :blush: old ex-USMC .03 1944 issue cal rebored to 7.62, and big 50's era radio 3 guys lived for 7 days in that poor thing.

Ft Lewis on 15 Div Prairie I think

View attachment 171879
that's pretty cool. i was on subs in the navy and did nato ops with canadian subs and even got to go onboard the Onondaga in Halifax. great bunch of guys and they were allowed alcohol on board and were able to drink underway...american military doesnt allow that so of course we had to make fun of them out of jealously. i dont know anything about the royal air force, but that was just too funny not to post :grinning:
canadian submariners are a blast to drink with, i will say that!
1601422235639.png

Reactions: rgallant

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
@lilbear105 what about us non US vets though how do we validate ?
Are you provided anything that states you are/were military? A medal citation, a picture on the job, discharge/transfer/assignment papers, NATO ID...

I’m sure if this happens there will be a way to accommodate since I would imagine it would be all case by case anyway. But tbh I’m new here, I don’t know anything and I’m just speculating and kicking around ideas.

I guess all this really just applies to countries that don’t have mandatory military service right? So South Korean and Israelis need not apply? Lol

Steward I

Nisku, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Westfall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
RamRunner78
I agree, this would be very cool, i was in the RCAF. I do like the veteran badge you can put under the area member badge that is available on the site too.

Attachments

egilbe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFT263, HAM:
I was a 31C assigned to 1/43 ADA at FT Bliss '86 to '88. That's not what WE called ADA. Its not fit for polite society

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Wondering what the additional cost would be to add some kind of Military designation on the OB badge? I would be interested in getting new badges if the option was available. Maybe just use USAF on all of them to cut the cost. lol Would be cool to have "Military Member" or "Veteran" printed like the member number (Or even cooler stamped) on the smooth spot vehicle. See example below"

OB VET.jpg

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
Many fellow vets and some still slingin the lead, thought an OB military decal would be cool....

Jim
I like the idea. I have a nephew serving in Afghanistan at the moment who is a budding overlander. I am mailing one of my ambassador coins to his stateside address this week and probably sending him a gift membership.
I suggest making the sticker available to all. You could do something cool with the money like donate it to an injured veterans fund and alleviate the proof of service challenges.

Reactions: Dusther210