Milestar Patagonia MTs

• HTML tutorial

Inspiration overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bourbonnais, IL, USA
Member #

I figured I'd give a quick tire review after 6 months with the Milestar Patagonia MTs. I have them on my 99 Explorer and have put about 6,000+ miles on them. Still exceptionally quiet on the highway. They are 33-12.50x15s on 8 inch steelies. They have really good sidewall flex and with the SWB it can be a bit interesting on the road with high winds but not untypical of a similar set up (12.50's on 8 inch wide rims). They are great in the rain and spectacular in the snow! They stay round even when the vehicle sits for long periods. Stopping is great. I have done some off roading and I would say these out performed my BFG MTs on my Cherokee I had before. Really great in sand, mud and what little rocks I have encountered. They hold the line when dealing with the sloppy stuff better than most MTs I've had. Coincidentally, these tires are the same ones on the "Lite Brite" YouTube channel and they are performing exceptional on the rocks from what I've seen. Good tire, good price. Just figured I would let everyone know there are solid alternatives to the usual choices out there.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

I figured I'd give a quick tire review after 6 months with the Milestar Patagonia MTs. I have them on my 99 Explorer and have put about 6,000+ miles on them. Still exceptionally quiet on the highway. They are 33-12.50x15s on 8 inch steelies. They have really good sidewall flex and with the SWB it can be a bit interesting on the road with high winds but not untypical of a similar set up (12.50's on 8 inch wide rims). They are great in the rain and spectacular in the snow! They stay round even when the vehicle sits for long periods. Stopping is great. I have done some off roading and I would say these out performed my BFG MTs on my Cherokee I had before. Really great in sand, mud and what little rocks I have encountered. They hold the line when dealing with the sloppy stuff better than most MTs I've had. Coincidentally, these tires are the same ones on the "Lite Brite" YouTube channel and they are performing exceptional on the rocks from what I've seen. Good tire, good price. Just figured I would let everyone know there are solid alternatives to the usual choices out there.
Thanks for this. I have the Copper STT Pro's on my Jeep that are still in excellent shape but have been kinda following these tires to see how they perform.

Inspiration overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bourbonnais, IL, USA
Member #

Thanks for this. I have the Copper STT Pro's on my Jeep that are still in excellent shape but have been kinda following these tires to see how they perform.
I used to inspect transmission power lines for Com Ed here in Illinois so I have a lot of off and on road experience with Mud Terrains. I have used BFGs, Hankooks, Other Milestars, Coopers, General, Nankang, Coopers, Nitto, Toyo, and probably several others that I don't remember. These are one of the best. I have gotten to the point where I kind of know what to expect from a tread type when I see it and these have exceeded my expectations. I tend to look for typically inexpensive tires with characteristics that I like to see. At 168 per tire, good side lugs, and a road friendly center section, the Patagonias are doing the job. We are putting them on my wife's 2018 High Country once we get the lift and rack on it. I'm hopeful they catch on and stick around for a while.

RockU

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Got some on my f150 daily driver.
I do 30-40k miles a year and have done almost 20k on these tires.

For m/t tires, they are not loud at all. The only complaint I have would be they they are slick as hell on wet roads. Any other element and they are great.

Reactions: JCWages

HOT-ROD

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Sanford, ME, USA
Member #

I love them!! 38x13.50R17

Been fantastic. Haven’t had any issues at all. Such a great tire!! IMG_0450.JPGIMG_0454.JPG

Inspiration overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bourbonnais, IL, USA
Member #

Got some on my f150 daily driver.
I do 30-40k miles a year and have done almost 20k on these tires.

For m/t tires, they are not loud at all. The only complaint I have would be they they are slick as hell on wet roads. Any other element and they are great.
I haven't had that experience but with the Expo being AWD and you having a Pick up, you're probably a better vehicle for that attribute. Great feedback as I am considering them from our High Country.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I put the Patagonias on a month ago after running Wildpeak AT3Ws for a year. The Pats are definitely louder and not quite as smooth rolling, especially at low speeds and when cornering. They are fantastic in snow! Even better than the Wildpeaks. So far I'm happy with them for the 1,000 miles or so I've run them.

lympyWX.jpg

Halfbreed_Ovrlandr

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evans, GA
Member #

We will find out. I just ordered 5 of the 38x13.5x17's - For the price you can't go wrong but the proof is in the pudding as they say. Glad to hear others saying they are good. I tend to shy away from some influencers on youtube bc a lot of them are not transparent. I would rather hear from you all. =)

Last edited:

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

We will find out. I just ordered 5 of the 38x13.5x17's - For the price you can't go wrong but the proof is in the pudding as they say. Glad to hear others saying they are good. I tend to shy away from some influencers on youtube bc a lot of them are not transparent. I would rather hear from you all. =)
I hear ya. Thankfully I had a few other sources I could trust who liked them so it was easier to take the risk. 38s would be so nice. Hell 35s would be nice. :) Watching folks wheel them pretty hard was very telling. Especially Lite Brite and JL Life. They really put these tires through hell.

Everyone knows Lite Brite but this channel is cool too.

Last edited:

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Im the only one local to me running them. 285/70/17 flavor on AEV Saltas. Have not been anywhere in the snow this year and is been dry as hell here in West Texas. I can tell you mine balanced easily and have only rotated twice in 10k miles. Straight, true, even wear. I run mine a bit higher than most at 34psi, as it reduced noise some and I do a lot more highway driving than most. Improved MPG and less sound.

Halfbreed_Ovrlandr

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evans, GA
Member #

I put the new Patagonia's on this past week and all I can say is WOW they are a whole lot quieter than the KM2's. Which is understandable with the middle tread. I did not have an issue with balancing them like some people have said. All in all I am very happy with them and will continue to use them.

Last edited:

CWu21

Rank IV
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

Thanks for this, i have been going back n forth with the Toyo's and These ones, For the price difference might make a run at these

Flying pig

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florence, OR, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
sprueill
Member #

Im getting a set put on the pig tomorrow. The reviews and price seem almost to good to be true. Ill put out a review after some long term, 4.5 ton use

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I think the reviewers that say the Pats are silent or very quiet are either driving vehicles that already exhibit alot of road noise or are used to true MTs or both. They are not silient but are not loud either. Once I got my poor alignment fixed and put another 500+ miles on them the occilating noise went away and now they just hum like a very aggressive AT. Mine took a lot of weight to balance. On 2 wheels I have about 9oz worth of 1/4oz weights on each wheel. The other 2 are much better but I'll have to keep an eye on those weights with all of the wheeling I do.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Im a long time user of milestar patagonia m/t. After running lots of other brands this is the one that earned my trust on and off road. I wont go into bashing other brands because alot of them do really well in certain situations and terrain. Just for reference the m/t does not stand for mud terrain, milestar reps told me its maximum traction. Mine never made the mud tire noise on the highway atleast not like a super swamper, and yes balancing these are a huge pain in the rear ive thrown weights both on and off road i suggest using stick on weights the clip ones seem to dissapear quicker. One of the reasons i really like these tires is the tread isnt directional you can rotate these without worry your treads arent facing the right way, alot of mfg are going to directional tread and i hate it. As long as milestar dont change anything for the worse and stay in business another 60 years ill be using patagonia mt til i die.

What a 36" real mud tires tread looks like
20200213_073141.jpg

Last edited:

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Thanks for the reviews. After seeing the thoughts on their use in snow...I will be going with these in the stock size of 275/70r18. I have debated and debated going up in size...I think I will be just fine with 33 inch tires and a more useable tread.

Probably get these the end of season for towing our camper.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Thanks for the reviews. After seeing the thoughts on their use in snow...I will be going with these in the stock size of 275/70r18. I have debated and debated going up in size...I think I will be just fine with 33 inch tires and a more useable tread.

Probably get these the end of season for towing our camper.
I honestly dont think i would recommend these for towing, i do tow things pretty often but anything more than 3 cows in a livestock trailer or a vehicle on a car hauler will cause these tires to start swaying or roll not sure which description fits better, basicaly the sidewalls are too soft to haul heavy loads at highway speeds. Goodyear duratrac do alot better at towing heavy stuff imho. Depending on the weight of your rig the patagonias may not even be suitable for highway use heavy full size trucks wear the treads on these down pretty quick.

Reactions: DevilDodge