DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I honestly dont think i would recommend these for towing, i do tow things pretty often but anything more than 3 cows in a livestock trailer or a vehicle on a car hauler will cause these tires to start swaying or roll not sure which description fits better, basicaly the sidewalls are too soft to haul heavy loads at highway speeds. Goodyear duratrac do alot better at towing heavy stuff imho. Depending on the weight of your rig the patagonias may not even be suitable for highway use heavy full size trucks wear the treads on these down pretty quick.
Well, I will be checking that cause that will make a difference to me.

First time I heard this, but that was the reason I decided to skip on their 35 x 12.5r18 as they are not tow rated.

They are load range E in 275/70...I know of a few guys using them on Powerwagonsn as the STOCK Duratracs suck for towing.

Thanks for the heads up.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Ok, so will keep watching this thread for updates...but guess I am back to spending some change on Cooper STT Pros or AT3s depending on where I am with our travel trailer by end of season. Maybe just go the middle ground with the S/T Maxx

Last edited:

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Well, I will be checking that cause that will make a difference to me.

First time I heard this, but that was the reason I decided to skip on their 35 x 12.5r18 as they are not tow rated.

They are load range E in 275/70...I know of a few guys using them on Powerwagonsn as the STOCK Duratracs suck for towing.

Thanks for the heads up.
You may or may not experience what i have with them i dont want to scare you away from em im just letting you know what ive noticed. The guys with full size i know around town have worn down the patagonias in half a year, i figured it was just because the tires are softer/stickier than normal and their trucks are heavier but im sure what the roads are made of, road conditons, heat and other things come into play too. As they say your mileage may vary. My experience is with the lt285/ 70r17 tires

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I agree, I wouldn't recommend the Pats for towing. The compound is just too soft and you ride mostly on the center tread so wear will be terrible with heavy loads I would think.

If you don't need hardcore offroad traction then something like the AT3 XLT would be a better choice for heavy towing and moderate offroad. My friend Max runs them pretty hard and loves them.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
You may or may not experience what i have with them i dont want to scare you away from em im just letting you know what ive noticed.
You didn't scare me away...you just thankfully, alerted me to an issue I overlooked.

You gave me a fact about these tires and I greatly appreciate it. I went back to my research and as you mentioned I see a few people have mentioned this, and the Powerwagon owners that have purchased them...well, they don't have much time with them and do zero towing/ hauling.

I greatly appreciate the info you and @JCWages just posted.

I do like the AT3, but am probably in need of the extra traction from the Maxx. I got some time to research yet...but I now have a better reading on my compass for what way to go.

Thanks.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

You didn't scare me away...you just thankfully, alerted me to an issue I overlooked.

You gave me a fact about these tires and I greatly appreciate it. I went back to my research and as you mentioned I see a few people have mentioned this, and the Powerwagon owners that have purchased them...well, they don't have much time with them and do zero towing/ hauling.

I greatly appreciate the info you and @JCWages just posted.

I do like the AT3, but am probably in need of the extra traction from the Maxx. I got some time to research yet...but I now have a better reading on my compass for what way to go.

Thanks.
The ST Maxx is a solid tire. Really the only negative I read about them is a propensity to pull to one side and that's mostly from Tacoma owners.

Reactions: DevilDodge