Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

So are you looking to have meet-up that is geared more toward Subaru type activities or are you looking to have a Subarus only event?

Reactions: Epic Overland

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

So are you looking to have meet-up that is geared more toward Subaru type activities or are you looking to have a Subarus only event?
I'm just looking to connect with more OB members that are driving Subarus. With the 'It doesn't matter what you drive' as one of the OB ethos, I'm not trying to create any faction. Just get a conversation going that may appeal to the minority of us in the Overland Subaru scene, working & living in the mid-Atlantic region.

Last edited:

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
You may need to cast a larger net, I don't how many are in the Mid Atlantic but I know a few are on the west coast. At a minimum, they can help you with tech and gear. Who knows maybe you guys will all meet in the future! I can think of @Terry Pickens off the top my head. I know there are more.

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

You may need to cast a larger net, I don't how many are in the Mid Atlantic but I know a few are on the west coast. At a minimum, they can help you with tech and gear. Who knows maybe you guys will all meet in the future! I can think of @Terry Pickens off the top my head. I know there are more.
Thanks for the feedback man! If I don't get much traction here, I'll definitely look to do that.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
@Wawa Skittletits is in PA. He's a Subaru guy.
Wawa is a great knowledge of Subaru, I have talked to him a lot on the forums. His post on his build is here;
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/but-its-a-subaru-outback-build-thread.2423/
You can find mine in my Signature.
Any questions just message.
Thanks guys. Every once in a while I completely miss a Subaru related thread.

As I’m sure you’re already aware @Epic Overland the AWD membership is spotty. That said the Subaru numbers have increased substantially recently so things are changing. I’d never want to intentionally exclude anyone from a meet but I think increasing the numbers of Mtn Roo events in the region would serve two purposes. One would be the intent of your thread and the other being further exposure of Overland Bound to a growing market. This works vice versa as well and a perfect example of this was the somewhat recent Mid West get together that was also attended by the local Mtn Roo chapter. I know for a fact that everyone had a great time and that it lead to some new OB members.

iluvdrt

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Oceanside, Ca
Member #

We also started a new Mountain Roo chapter on Facebook dedicated to overland Subaru enthusiasts. Do a search for MtnRoo Overland on Facebook and join up. We are always happy to have more OB members in the group. More chit chat on trails and gear than "check out my crosstrek with methods" type posts is really needed.

There is also an Instagram page as well. @mtnroo_overland

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
More chit chat on trails and gear than "check out my crosstrek with methods" type posts is really needed.
This.... ugh. Like they’re the only wheels made hahaha.

Thanks for mentioning MtnRoo Overland. I’m pretty sure Ryan, aka Epic, was one of the group of people I added on FB early.

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

Thanks for the feedback fellas! I guess, I'll see where this goes. It would have been cool to do a fall time meet up, but with time getting tight, perhaps we can look at a spring time meet up, camp out & run some trails. Looks like you've got some great stuff in PA @Wawa Skittletits, maybe we can look at that?

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Thanks for the feedback fellas! I guess, I'll see where this goes. It would have been cool to do a fall time meet up, but with time getting tight, perhaps we can look at a spring time meet up, camp out & run some trails. Looks like you've got some great stuff in PA @Wawa Skittletits, maybe we can look at that?
I also would have loved to get something together for the fall and still hope to try to do something smaller yet. Bald Eagle will be nothing but endless colors this time of year but it’s tough finding the time for just about anything these days haha. Either way a repeat of springs get together next year would be great.

PA isn't too far. Maybe @Mongoose Maine will show up with his Sx4. Guy does some magical things in that little suzuki.
Never underestimate a motivated little guy... with a super short wheel base haha.

Last edited:

Enthusiast III

Upper Moreland, PA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rousis
Member #

I know this is a fairly old thread but I'd be down for a Subaru trail ride/camping trip. I'm just outside Philly. I'll be going to the MtnRoo NE trail ride the last Sunday in August so I hope to meet some of you guys there.

Traveler I

Newport News VA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Byerly
Member #

I know this is a fairly old thread but I'd be down for a Subaru trail ride/camping trip. I'm just outside Philly. I'll be going to the MtnRoo NE trail ride the last Sunday in August so I hope to meet some of you guys there.
Hey did you ever get any feedback on this? Forester here in the Va region. I know northern VA’s meetup group is pretty active but wasn’t sure about Subaru specifically.

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hey @Mark Byerly, welcome to Overland Bound! Always love seeing new Subaru driving members. Please feel free to check out and introduce yourself in the Subaru Registry (link in my sig).

We’ve never had a Subaru specific get together. I’d encourage you to attend any Overland Bound events found on the calander. They’re obviously a great way to meet fellow members but I also like showing everyone what a Subaru is capable of haha. All that said I’d also recommend looking into MtnRoo Midatlantic. There are OB members amongst the ranks and if getting familiar with your Subaru off road or in general is your goal, those are great opportunities.

As always if you ever have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Reactions: DirtPoorOverland