OB Approved Members Spotted Thread

• HTML tutorial

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Oh god I hope not. I'm definately not `a fan of the new style Land Rovers. I have a Discovery 3 that was a stretch. The new Discoverys are becoming SUV's for shopping and school runs. Still capable off road though but I cant see me being happy climbing in covered in mud and Cr@p after a day out playing.
Defender is my overland truck as it is two seats only and upgraded. Discovery is my comfort truck with 7 seats if needed.
Too much Electronics in it though :-(
I prefer simplicity as I am a simple person ;-)

View attachment 13059
Hey Polaris Overland, In the UK do you guys wave with your left or right hand??? :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hey Polaris Overland, In the UK do you guys wave with your left or right hand??? :grinning::grinning::grinning:
Good question. Thankfully that is one of the decisions we can still make ourselves without government interference so optional ;-)

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Good question. Thankfully that is one of the decisions we can still make ourselves without government interference so optional ;-)
Hahahahaha!!!! My department has a group in the UK that I speak to quite a bit and they tell me some of the interesting ways in which the government interferes. I always thought 4x4'ing in the UK would be amazing, but I know there are so many rules and regulations. My coworkers tell me that it's really hard to even have one with all the regulations and costs.

BobG

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Angier, NC, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Gravelle
Member #

This member drove by me today on I-45 while I was shagging ass to get to a collision site to begin the investigation phase (measurements, photographs, collision reconstruction stuff that no one else finds interesting). Waved as he went by and I noticed his badge and sticker. He said he is DudeAbides, but I think that might be his username over on the expo... I didn't have much time and was already off schedule as it was for attorney billing, but I had to stop and say hi when he pulled off for gas and the Sam Houston NF. Anyone recognize the rig? I think the badge number was in the 500's.

Since his antenna is a firestick I tried to hit him on Channel 19, but he said his antenna is fried and wasn't working. Note, if you're rolling and have a CB and see a like minded individual, have it on. Or if you're a HAM I'd say hit the national 2-meter channel (I had both on).

View attachment 1620
KCCO fellow Chiver!

Reactions: WUzombies

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Met Overland Bound member #2064 when he pulled up to the shop for a pair of new wading boots... John rolls a bad black Mercedes Sprinter Van that is a canvas in progress and there's plenty of room to paint a masterpiece. We compared rigs and fishing stories...

Reactions: jrbechthold

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Yo
101S not 85S! Yeah, I thought I had cut off an 18-wheeler that I didn't see. Fortunately it was just a tiny pickup.
You're right it was the 101 my bad.

You never cut me off, you went past me in the #4 and I jumped out behind you (I knew it was you before you passed me, I'm one of the rare breed that watches their mirrors) then you darted into #3 and there was no room for me to get behind or in front of you so I just laid on the horns lol

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Spotted a Red Jeep Wrangler pulling out of the Los Gatos DMV parking lot today. I was right behind him and he waved at me. (thinking to myself) Why is this guy giving me the Jeep wave. Then I noticed the OB emblem on his Left Front Fender. Couldn't get up next to him so I didn't get his OB #. He also had black personalized lic plates.

Antonio Tovar

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Spotted a Red Jeep Wrangler pulling out of the Los Gatos DMV parking lot today. I was right behind him and he waved at me. (thinking to myself) Why is this guy giving me the Jeep wave. Then I noticed the OB emblem on his Left Front Fender. Couldn't get up next to him so I didn't get his OB #. He also had black personalized lic plates.
That was me, busted!

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Spotted hwy 26 outside of sandy going up the mountain. Pulled next to you but you didn't see me in the silver pathfinder with the red cb antenna. Bad pic but awesome rig you have
Busted... Saw your rig, but didn't see the member badge. The sun was in my eyes. :sunglasses: I was actually discussing the present state of the Pathfinder with my Dad as we headed over to the Deschutes yesterday for a little photo safari. He's a car guy, and in fact was inducted into the NW Motorsports Hall of Fame on Saturday. (Proud son bragging here.)

Here's the same view with a better background...

Deschutes-0542.jpg

Jaydub514

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rangsipat
Member #

This weekend in Joshua Tree National Park - I spotted a copper colored Nissan Rogue with a FrontRunner RTT, Awning, and Rotopax at one of the campsites!

I was just passing through but had to take a picture of the awesome rig. When I reviewed it after getting home, I spotted a OB badge on the passenger side! Not sure the best way to alert you, but I just wanted to say congrats on a job well done. Rig is looking sweet!

Attachments

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

Busted... Saw your rig, but didn't see the member badge. The sun was in my eyes. :sunglasses: I was actually discussing the present state of the Pathfinder with my Dad as we headed over to the Deschutes yesterday for a little photo safari. He's a car guy, and in fact was inducted into the NW Motorsports Hall of Fame on Saturday. (Proud son bragging here.)

Here's the same view with a better background...

View attachment 19096
Please tell your dad congratulations! That is very exciting. And you should be proud. [emoji1303]

As for the new pathfinders, my wife and I agree they are in a sad state and should not be called pathfinders anymore considering they are very minivan like anymore.

As for the badges mine are in the front fenders. Not easy to see on a silver car. Now I have the sticker in the rear as well.

And your picture definitely beats mine. Lol. Awesome shot. Sounds like a fun day you had. Nice to see another member out and about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rorschach

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Huntington Beach, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Niederhauser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ULA
@FozRoamer
You drove past me on PCH today heading south into Huntington Beach. I was in the turn lane and tried to get over, to catch up and wave "hi" but couldn't do it safely with traffic, (about 4:50pm.) I hope to run across you in the future when we both have some time. I would like to check out your Subie.