Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Francisco, CA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Horndasch
Member #

Walking to the corner store this afternoon, and I spotted this FZJ80. No member number, but OB decals on rear window & wind deflector up top. Came out of the store, and it was gone. San Francisco, out in the Ingleside neighborhood. Anyone know who this is?

Attachments

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

@BEAR and I saw this awesome Tacoma in Foster City, CA. We tried to catch up to him, but he was too far ahead. Could not get his badge number (it was mounted to the right of his license plate).

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Walking to the corner store this afternoon, and I spotted this FZJ80. No member number, but OB decals on rear window & wind deflector up top. Came out of the store, and it was gone. San Francisco, out in the Ingleside neighborhood. Anyone know who this is?
That's Jesse!

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: maktruk and dcx13

fj80cruiserlife

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Daly City, California, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Garza
Member #

hey man ! I have only one emblem on my drivers side door , I guess I need to get the others. I was in the city with Gf grabbing some Chinese food picked up we saw someone taking a pic but didn't think you were a member , I get pictures taken all the time and thumbs up , the rig will start looking different soon going to start adding some new much needed mods. thanks for the pic. we should have a beer.

Reactions: dcx13 and Meta6981

Dan Kemble

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Westfield, IN 46074
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kemble
Member #

This member drove by me today on I-45 while I was shagging ass to get to a collision site to begin the investigation phase (measurements, photographs, collision reconstruction stuff that no one else finds interesting). Waved as he went by and I noticed his badge and sticker. He said he is DudeAbides, but I think that might be his username over on the expo... I didn't have much time and was already off schedule as it was for attorney billing, but I had to stop and say hi when he pulled off for gas and the Sam Houston NF. Anyone recognize the rig? I think the badge number was in the 500's.

Since his antenna is a firestick I tried to hit him on Channel 19, but he said his antenna is fried and wasn't working. Note, if you're rolling and have a CB and see a like minded individual, have it on. Or if you're a HAM I'd say hit the national 2-meter channel (I had both on).

View attachment 1620
Collision Reconstruction stuff? Love it! Was a collision reconstructionist for LAPD for 15 years before I retired about 8 years ago... also had a side business working with private attorneys and insurance companies. Glad to see another reconstructionist here!

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

Collision Reconstruction stuff? Love it! Was a collision reconstructionist for LAPD for 15 years before I retired about 8 years ago... also had a side business working with private attorneys and insurance companies. Glad to see another reconstructionist here!
I'm former LE and did the same before grabbing the cutaway handle and going to the civilian side 3 years ago.

You're one of the few who have peeked behind the curtain and know the hard truths about traffic safety, it is a blessing and a curse.

dcx13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Francisco, CA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Horndasch
Member #

hey man ! I have only one emblem on my drivers side door , I guess I need to get the others. I was in the city with Gf grabbing some Chinese food picked up we saw someone taking a pic but didn't think you were a member , I get pictures taken all the time and thumbs up , the rig will start looking different soon going to start adding some new much needed mods. thanks for the pic. we should have a beer.
If you're making another take out run and need parking, I live right behind those 2 Chinese restaurants. Private off street parking, with enough room for my rig, the GF's A3, and the 170 Sprinter I occasionally drive for work. Plenty 'o room for another 80 back there!

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

Hello to the OB Member who has the MARPAT Jeep Wrangler 4 Door with the USMC logo just below the OB Badge.

I saw you on 101 headed North at around 1:30 today. I was in the white Crown Vic with all the antennas that was pasing you for a bit as I was checking out your rig. It looked really cool.

Reactions: BobG

Anders0nic

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member
Supporter

Pathfinder I

Benicia, CA
First Name
Anderson
Last Name
Carlisle
Member #

No pic, but I spotted a mid nineties F250 crewcab longbed w/campershell. It was haulin balls down El Camino in San Carlos. Saw him turn into Homie Despot. I was trundling along in the County truck. Nice looking truck. We had one in our family for years. I used to love hearing that turbo spool... I should also mention your OB sticker on the rear window of the side of the campershell.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Saw this sweet rig tonight in Pleasanton. Sure enough a member- I think #2997. Love that roof rack.

IMG_0055.JPG

Reactions: ngurney

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Keeps seeing this ridiculously nice Tacoma teasing me in San Luis Obispo. Maybe I'll run into the owner, looks like they drive a tow truck #3923IMG_2509.JPG