Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

As I saw Michael doing his video's, I got a bit jealous and would love to make the same kind of vids. But, I think I need to practise a bit more as you will notice in the following months.
Anyway, I thought about buying a Gopro, but, I think it is a bit to expensive for me. So I bought myself a SJ4000.

And, I already had the Fuij XP 70

But if that is not enough, I just got my new Lumia 930.
So, all kind of good toys to make good vids and pictures.
What I cant buy, and probarly dont have is any talent to make good vids and pictures. But with those tools, it should be a bit better.
At last I have a nice little tool to make some nice shots and that is the Hubsan FPV quadcopter

So, those are my tools and now Iam trying to make cool vids with them.

And, the big question is. What are you all using here?

Greetings from Robert

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Robert or European Robert if you will...
I have a gopro but have found its only as good as your editing software as far as video. I use mine more for a bullet proof still shot camera so... It's a overpriced one at that and I should have looked at other options. On the other hand I have not had the time to really get good with it or at doing videos so the fault is mine not the cameras.
Hell I have not even gotten a shot of the rig for my profile and here I am asking everyone to show their rides.... Woefully behind.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

4298 said:
Robert or European Robert if you will…
Haha, Wilson, there is another Robert, which was before me here on the forum, so, it could be a bit confused.
But, please, just Robert.
As my surname is there as well, I think it will be clear in the future which Robert he is and Iam.

Greetings from Robert

vicali

Rank IV

Advocate II

Interesting,

I'm a Nikon guys, but I've recently been looking at dash cams for my rig.. that SJ M10 looks pretty good..

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

I have a GoPro2. works great. Want another one, but saving for some new shoes for the 80 :-0

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Frisly,

New shoes for the Rig is way more important then a camera. Love to see your vids, but love it even more to read what you did. Having a camera and nothing to film is less as having much enjoyed and you only write about it.
:blush:

Greetings from Robert

E

expeditionnorth

I'm also a nikon fan/collector

I have the GoPro2 & have thought about the new 4 since it works as a dash cam for a set duration of time unlike the 2

all I can say is avoid the cheap dash cams that are <$100 I tried several & was disappointed everytime, it was a waste of $$ & time

in all honesty I use my cell phone more in the last 2 years than all the fancy gear I own

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Mike,

Yes, you are right in many ways. I use my cell phone much as well. As they are these day no phones anymore, but little handy computers with an app for phone calls.

My new lumia 930 has a 20 megapixel camera. That is more as the standard camera's have.
What do I need to say more.
As soon as I have the SJ4000, I will make some sample vids and place them here.

Greetings from Robert

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

I've just 'upgraded' from a point-and-shoot Panasonic Lumix to a Nikon D50 that my buddy was no longer using. I've picked up a couple of lenses and I am slowly learning the in's and out's of a DSLR.

I was normally a snapshot guy with an eye for creating nice shots. I'm learning to compose a shot and get myself in a position to take better photographs - not snapshots. I like to have photos of the places we've been as my wife compiles Shutterfly books of each year. Better pictures make better books!

I'll have to snap a picture of my camera gear to post up...

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

As promised, I made a video today with all three main camera's.
One, my cell phone, the Lumia 930.
Second, the Fuij XP70.
Third, the SJCAM 4000.
What I did, is just some footage, not changed, except for the lenght of it. And with some explenation.
Well, now you can see what the differences are.

After this, I guess, I will try to make better video's.

Enjoy;

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdTdhF1fo2k&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Greetings from Robert

Chromedragon

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Stockton, CA
Member #

well lets just say i have a few toys. My take the best pic possible camera is a Nikon D300s and my always on the camera lens is a 18-200 VRII the stills are amazing and the depths of detail is staggering when you blow them up on a screen. I also have a go pro3+ silver i have been playing with it in both time lapse and straight video. its fun still working on the best place to mount it. So far i have used in mounted out side the truck in front of the driver side view mirror. and up behind the rear view mirror in the cab. still have to process the trip into Lassen National Forest for Christmas trees but it was fun and i have a time laps vid of a drive around the base of Mt Shasta. will sort out the vids and maybe start a youtube channel to share but they are long videos so will have to see what to cut out.