Member Rides

• HTML tutorial

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Hi, Just joined the site

My name is Frisly. I have a '97 LC 1FZ-FE 190,310 miles, Black.  truck has been in the family for 11 years. finally I took over it last yr. love the outdoors.  fishing , camping, and just getting into overland. will post pics of my truck soon. Great site Michael. Great videos and advice.

Frisman

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey @Jason! That's awesome! Glad you got it. I'll have more stickers in stock soo and I'll let you know when they are up through all the social channels!

Cheers!

M

Reactions: Gene Perkins

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Michael what's new.. sadly my 8O is not locked. What is the Mileage on yours? I am talking to Paul and Sandra at Gobi and Hope to have my roof rack in about 8 weeks or sooner :astonished:

Frisly

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Awesome Frisly! There are solutions to lock an unlocked Cruiser :wink:

Also - check these guys out:

http://whitsonmetalworks.com/

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Awesome @offroadkid ! I love your rig. Let me ask - of all the cruisers you've had, which is your favorite. Let's assume they are all in show-room condition.

The pics are great. Where were they taken. They look very Sierra-like.

Glad you joined, looking forward to connecting with folks and planning an adventure or two.

M

offroadkid

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shingle Springs, El Dorado County, California, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Whitgob
Member #

@Michael, thanks I really dig your rig too! I really liked our 97 black 80 series a lot. She had the best build I was happy with. Factory lockers, ARB Bull Bar, Hanna Quality Sliders, and Kaymar Tow Bumper with RH tire carrier. OME 2.5" heavies and 285 Goodyear MT/R's.

When I sold it, It went with all the protection as we were "upgrading" to a 100 and I wasn't going to need that stuff anymore. The heated seats were nice in the 100 and the extra 2 cylinders were nice also, but I was always afraid to wheel it.

Fast forward to our current 97 80 series... It's neat that she's also got factory lockers, AND is a Collector Edition, (these came after the 40th's) and I really like the gray interior. She came with 315's and "J" springs with spacers in front and 863 heavies in the rear. We often go on road trips over mountain passes and tow a tent trailer during camping season so instead of going with smaller tires and swapping some springs, I got her a set of 4.88's which made a great difference. I guess my answer to your question is I liked BOTH the 97's best out of the rigs we've owned!

That picture is the road to Upper Sardine Lake.

I too would like to plan an adventure with you. We've chatted on FM Messenger about Corral Hollow and my wife and I have been up a couple of times, but it was back in 2005 so it's time to go back. When we moved up here from the Bay Area we had plenty of trails to explore in El Dorado County, until a court order shut down many we enjoyed. As a result of this, our exploration had significantly decreased.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Very cool to hear @offroardkid ! I remember our conversations on fb now. I've connected the dots, thanks! I haven't been up to Corral Hollow this year yet. Looking forward to it!

Sounds like you have a sweet setup now. Eventually, I will want to "freshen" the OB rig interior, and engine, but it is still solid as an Ox!

I'll let you know as my plans come together. We can meet in person!

M

nickjwadle

Rank 0

Traveler I

Iowa, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wa
Sorry still getting used to,this forum setup. So that was a mispost above. But wanted to thank Mike for the badges, but unfortunately have not been able to put them on due to what some of you Californians m may cringe at. . 12 inches of snow. Once that clears up we will be good to go

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

@wadle5.... That's an awesome Runner! I'm still on a 2000...but I'm liking the 4th gens more and more.

nickjwadle

Rank 0

Traveler I

Iowa, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wa
@Robert loving the 3rd gens, and even the 5th gens more. But I am totally happy with where my 4th gen as it currently sits.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Well, here are my rides. Or, as my girlfriend would say, our rides.

First is our VW T3 2WD, but with difflock, raised and roughedised.
its from 1987 with a MV 2.1 ltr engine. So, way not so much power as your American rides.
We do most longer trips with this one.

And our other one is the Opel Frontera Sport, known as a Isuzu Amigo
Also raised, bigger wheels, and roughedised.

Well, even for european standards, small, underpowered and underestimated. And mostly after a tour respected a bit more.

A saying in the Netherlands is; Wie niet sterk is moet slim zijn. Which means, if you aint strong, well be clever.

Regards from Robert

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey @Robert, I love both your rides! I used to have a Vanagon Adventure Wagon. It had a raised roof, full kitchen, butane heater, but it was bit very off road-worthy. Great rig.

On the Isuzu, where did get your sand ladders? Those look great! Will they support your rig weight?

Thanks for joining the group!

Welcome!

Michael

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Hi Robert, Welcome to the site. Great info here and bunch of nice guys. I like your rigs. Question in you VW T3 2WD, what kind of tires you have? can you gives a better picture of them. Thanks and seems like you have lots of fun with family and friends.
Frisly

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #