• HTML tutorial

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

3694 said:
Helo Frisly,

The tyres are Hankook MT RT03 215/75/15
A bit strange tyre. If you see them as a Mud Terrain tyre, they just score average. But ifyou see them as a Multi Traction Tyre, then they are great.

Here you have some links to some reviews;
http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wheels-tires/131-0705-hankook-dynapro-mt-rt03-tire-test/
http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showproduct.php?product=301

Well until now, Iam very pleased with them.

Regards from Robert
Thanks for the info Robert. I like those tires. perfect valance with your ride.
Frisly

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Has anyone ever tried a hitch mounted spare tire carrier? I'm looking at Hitchgate products to split between two vehicles. It's a center mount with two jerry can holders, swing out, and just locks into a 2" hitch.

The non-european Robert

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey Robert!

I have not tried a hitch mounted spare carrier, but I did use a hitch mounted cargo carrier once. Had to, didn't like it. It was just too janky for my taste.

Now, again I don't no anything about spare carriers so I'll be glad to learn what you find out!

M

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Non-European Robert,

Do you have any link to that product, or a picture?
Think it sounds interesting.

For my trip to Morocco Iam busy to make some room on and on the back of the Van.

Bought myself just a very big case, for on the roof rack. Think that will take care of all my packing problems, haha.

Well, I think I will make a topic of our ugrade of the van.

Regards from the European Robert

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-Tire-Carriers-Winch-Mounts/Hitch2Tire-Carrier.aspx?t_c=64&t_s=26&t_pt=3902&t_pn=T%2fGH2T1150

I hope the link works. If not, there's a company called Tiregate that makes these. We also have a 4x Honda Pilot that is the family cruiser with the 3rd row. I found these online and wondered if it would be good to pick one up that could fit on either.

I wonder how much it bounces, it would easily handle the weight. For that price, I may have to just see and if it doesn't work, I have family in Colorado that would take it in a heart beat.

Michael...the cargo ones would be sweet for roads and car camping type stuff,but yeah, the bouncing and exit angles would drive me nuts! Oh, and what happened to your jerry cans? Your walkaround video mentioned you wanted to go back to plastic?

Robert

Kenn

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Just joined the site and wanted to say Hi to everyone and let everyone in on my vehicles. The first vehicle I ever owned was a 1972 FJ40. But as I've gotten older I have to say I've learned to love the Land Rovers I've seen and driven. So a few years back I made the jump and bought my first. A 95 Discovery, I've owned it now for almost 10 years as my daily driver, and have made several modifications to it. And just 2 weeks ago I decided to take my Daily Driver off the road to finish the mods I want to make so that I can feel comfortable going deep woods for an extended period of time. So I bought it a big brother. These are my 2 babies!
{content}

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Wow! I think I see a whole new project for you Mr. Campbell! That Daily Driver needs a rack (rib rib)!

Those are two very nice rigs. I stay in touch with the local Land Rover club here in N. California, and love the rigs. Before getting the Land Cruiser, I considered a Discovery, and a Defender 90 (the 110s are out of reach for me).

Will the new ride be outfitted as well or kept stock?

@Kenn Campbell

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey @Barron, welcome to the site!

We may have crossed paths a few weeks ago. I stopped by the NCLR "Drip in the Dirt" get together and saw some great rides. I love your rig! A Land Rover in it's natural environment!

Nice Baja Rack!

D

davidangusw

Hi Everyone,

I am a faithful follower of Overlandbound, but just logged in and created a photo. Since my post above, I had added a custom tire swing away and would love to offer some advice for anything wishing to overland a Discovery 3/LR3 or Discovery 4/LR4.

Of course, I have a secret crush on FJ80s and actually looking for one now! (Don't tell my local rover club).

Regards, David

D

davidangusw

Barron has an awesome LR3 - we have been off roading a few times.

Plus, he has a pretty sweet setup in the back with shelves, fridge, etc. If I didn't have 2 giant dogs, I'd go that route.

I am going to try to go to the San Mateo truck show next Sunday (will be away on a trip up to Platina/Red Bluff on Saturday) and get some stuff.

D

davidangusw

3885 said:
Just joined the site and wanted to say Hi to everyone and let everyone in on my vehicles. The first vehicle I ever owned was a 1972 FJ40. But as I’ve gotten older I have to say I’ve learned to love the Land Rovers I’ve seen and driven. So a few years back I made the jump and bought my first. A 95 Discovery, I’ve owned it now for almost 10 years as my daily driver, and have made several modifications to it. And just 2 weeks ago I decided to take my Daily Driver off the road to finish the mods I want to make so that I can feel comfortable going deep woods for an extended period of time. So I bought it a big brother. These are my 2 babies!
<strong class="d4pbbc-bold">{content}[/b]
VERY nice rovers! :-) The thing I love about Overland Bound is that it is welcoming to all sorts of off-road rigs. I love my Discovery 4 and Defenders, but sometimes I feel a bit weird because I don't like some of the stereotypes about rover people, etc. Plus, I always feel out of place among Jeep guys, though many are really nice. I love FJ80s and currently looking for one as a project.

D

davidangusw

Some of you may have seen these photos on Instagram or Facebook, but wanted to share here as well. I went to Frank Raines OHV last Saturday, when it was raining, and had a blast with the Northern CA Land Rover Club. This coming weekend I will be hitting some trails up north, doing some clay pigeon shooting, etc. Pics will be taken!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Very nice LR's.
Unfortunally they are by means of taxes very pricey. Same as all diesel engines.

Love the rear bumper. It brings idea's.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

3875 said:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-Tire-Carriers-Winch-Mounts/Hitch2Tire-Carrier.aspx?t_c=64&t_s=26&t_pt=3902&t_pn=T%2fGH2T1150

I hope the link works. If not, there’s a company called Tiregate that makes these. We also have a 4x Honda Pilot that is the family cruiser with the 3rd row. I found these online and wondered if it would be good to pick one up that could fit on either.

I wonder how much it bounces, it would easily handle the weight. For that price, I may have to just see and if it doesn’t work, I have family in Colorado that would take it in a heart beat.

Michael…the cargo ones would be sweet for roads and car camping type stuff,but yeah, the bouncing and exit angles would drive me nuts! Oh, and what happened to your jerry cans? Your walkaround video mentioned you wanted to go back to plastic?

Robert
Hello Robert,

Love it, for the Frontera it would be an option, not for the Van. But I like it.
It brings idea's. And that is very dangerous in my case. I start building things in my head. hahaha.

Greetings from Robert

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Welcome to the site!! Nice overland rigs you guys have. My favorite of all times is the Land rover defender 110. The Land Cruiser is my child hood favorite. was lucky to get one for family car about 11 years ago. Now still in the family, working with some mods here and there :-0

Well said David....

VERY nice rovers! :-) The thing I love about Overland Bound is that it is welcoming to all sorts of off-road rigs. I love my Discovery 4 and Defenders, but sometimes I feel a bit weird because I don’t like some of the stereotypes about rover people, etc. Plus, I always feel out of place among Jeep guys, though many are really nice. I love FJ80s and currently looking for one as a project.

Frisly

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

VERY nice rovers! :-) The thing I love about Overland Bound is that it is welcoming to all sorts of off-road rigs. I love my Discovery 4 and Defenders, but sometimes I feel a bit weird because I don’t like some of the stereotypes about rover people, etc. Plus, I always feel out of place among Jeep guys, though many are really nice. I love FJ80s and currently looking for one as a project.

@david. Just a heads up, I'm a jeep guy because I can work on them. I want nothing more than a '93 disco, maybe too many camel trophys watched as a child on "wide wide world of sports" but....
You should never feel bad for your over landing choice, we all pick what works for budget, astetic pleasure and usage. Just my 2 cents and I probably have the cheapest rig on this site.
If you got a ford pinto with a roof rack or a unimog I don't care, just show me picks and trip stories, I might be new to this but I think that's what it's all about, hell we were using a Mini Cooper 6 months ago!!

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson
D

davidangusw

3962 said:
VERY nice rovers!
The thing I love about Overland Bound is that it is welcoming to all sorts of off-road rigs. I love my Discovery 4 and Defenders, but sometimes I feel a bit weird because I don’t like some of the stereotypes about rover people, etc. Plus, I always feel out of place among Jeep guys, though many are really nice. I love FJ80s and currently looking for one as a project.

@david. Just a heads up, I’m a jeep guy because I can work on them. I want nothing more than a ’93 disco, maybe too many camel trophys watched as a child on “wide wide world of sports” but….
You should never feel bad for your over landing choice, we all pick what works for budget, astetic pleasure and usage. Just my 2 cents and I probably have the cheapest rig on this site.
If you got a ford pinto with a roof rack or a unimog I don’t care, just show me picks and trip stories, I might be new to this but I think that’s what it’s all about, hell we were using a Mini Cooper 6 months ago!!
I could not agree more!!! I absolutely LOVE Jeeps, Toyotas, Land Rovers, Mercedes Gs, etc. I would love a Defender someday, but don't have the room right now. I am considering looking around for an FJ80 or even an older Jeep. I have noticed that there are lots of nice guys/gals on the trails, in all sorts of rigs, but sometimes I get dirty looks from other folks. Then again, I have been with some Jeep guys who have more stock Jeeps and heavily modified Jeepers laughed at them. Idiots.

I like to think most people are really nice :blush:

Kenn

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

For now it's going to stay pretty much stock. I will be spending my time finishing the disco. One of my road trip wishes is to do a winter excursion somewhere where there is actually a winter. Get chilly but not much else here in Texas.