Member Rides

• HTML tutorial

GeraldVanDance

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cool place, just found it. We're a family of 4 (kids are 4 and 6) that do a lot of weekend trips and some longer ones each year. We're in a 2wd westfalia that we've upgraded to be able to go to some more remote places than when it was stock. We love getting out and love meeting folks!

Brad Walsh

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO.
Member #

New to the site, well trolling for a few weeks but decided to get onboard.
Do allot of boating and paddling and just recently got a "over landing" rig for the first time in several years. Got a low mile '01 jeep XJ ripe for some lift and outfitting. Love the land cruiser rig so well represented on this site but would love hear what others are working and playing with....
Other than my 80 series, I've got this beauty..
IMG_4350.JPG

GoldenStateAdv

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lompoc, Ca
Member #

Been a while since I've been on the site (weird how a move and new job take up your time?) Along with the new home, and new job, I also have a "new" (to me) vehicle. I traded in the Frontier for a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK).

Here is the old Frontier

Here is the Jeep

Basic specs;
105,000 miles
Laredo
4.7L V8
QuadraTrac II (open diff w/ brake assist)

Short of the Entrainment Package it is fully loaded Laredo: Off-road group, tow group, luxury group, and cargo group packages.

The above photo was taken in June with the following mods: 2" Rancho spacer lift, Tepui RTT, Indel B fridge, open exhaust, K&N panel filter.

Since then, the rear has gotten a modified Old Man Emu lift (OME HD springs + Rancho spacers), Lokka rear locker, OE style exhaust, deep cycle battery, awning lights w/ switch, Dometic fridge slide, and Tepui awning. I am also in the process of making a rear storage system.

I still need to finish my storage system, but I also still have a on board water system to install, as well as on board air. Future mods will be wheels/tires, Wilco HitchGate, winch, and lighting.

Last edited:

Kbamvakais

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello everyone, here's my DD/off road rig.
2004 WJ V8. mods so far, a decent set of a/t tires, tow hooks, aux lights, locker in rear, cb and 2way radios, inverter, sat nav with trail mapping.

Coming soon, 3in lift, quick disconnect links, safari rack, snorkel, bumper and winch, on board air, and just ordered my maxtracks. IMG_20161015_161750.jpg IMG_20161015_161243.jpg

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

How do you enjoy your xj? Is it comfortable? I'm new to Overlanding and am looking for any info on what to do or not do with my xj before I get out there myself. Thanks

Here is the build thread on it: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/2001-jeep-xj-build-blue-steel.904/

I love my XJ very much, but if comfort is important, look elsewhere lol.. A WJ is better suited for comfort and offroad capability since it retains that solid axle in the front but also gives you the plush interior. That being said, i don't care if mine is uncomfortable, I still love it!

I need to get some updated pics and mods posted soon....A LOT has changed since that photo.. Check my Instagram for updates..

Reactions: Miguel Garcia

Miguel Garcia

Rank 0

Traveler I

El Monte
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Garcia
Here is the build thread on it: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/2001-jeep-xj-build-blue-steel.904/

I love my XJ very much, but if comfort is important, look elsewhere lol.. A WJ is better suited for comfort and offroad capability since it retains that solid axle in the front but also gives you the plush interior. That being said, i don't care if mine is uncomfortable, I still love it!

I need to get some updated pics and mods posted soon....A LOT has changed since that photo.. Check my Instagram for updates..

I feel the same way, I love my xj, I've heard it plenty of times before, but it doesnt matter to me haha... thanks for the link. And I'll keep an eye out for your newest photos

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

Miguel Garcia

Rank 0

Traveler I

El Monte
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Garcia
Here's my rig. 1989 Cherokee Laredo. 4.5'' long-arm suspension, 33'' K02s, Front Locker, etc. It is my daily driver, and it holds up super well. All of my friends love it! Parts are cheap and can be found super easily. Perfect rig for a college kid with a limited budget, like myself!

View attachment 9863 View attachment 9865
I'm really digging that rear window thing. Where did you get it?

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

If you live somewhere that gets snow, don't buy them. Here in the desert they work really well but the one and only time I've had them on snow they put us off the road.
Yeah..... I am in Indiana, we get a decent amount of snow. That is why I passed on those tires, they look awesome!