Pathfinder I

Hanover,Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Cerutti
Member #

Sooooooo things happened today...

Traded in the Tacoma for this 2016 trundra crewmax with the TRD off road package. Don't worry, my FJ isn't going anywhere.

Currently has
TRD Pro front grill and hood bulge
TRD dual exhaust
Toyota Tri-fold hard tonneau cover
Fuel beast 18" rims
BFG AT tires
Tailgate stamp black insert
Windows tinted (I think they are about 15%)

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Time to put up a few pics of my rig, a 2007 FJ Cruiser I bought brand new back in 2006.
I have many mods done to my rig, too many to list here.
Here is a 10 year old thread over on my forum, and it was started 10 years ago July the 25th 2006.
My rig had a 10 year birthday last week :D
http://www.yotatech.com/f204/coreys-2007-fj-cruiser-build-up-thread-90962/

Taken today with the sites badge on the ARB bumper

Installed some Demello Dominatorz sliders two Fridays ago to replace an aging set

Powertank ARB twin air-comp and tank, ARB fridge, a few Ezi-Awnn K9 stainless steel tables from Equipt Offroad

Mpac rear storage system that holds Molle bags, and it can fold down into a table if needed

Yaesu 857D, ATAS 120 antenna, and a Cobra 29 round out the communications department

And a few pics from various trips in the past

Last edited:

Chris Zawacki

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA
Member #

Sooooooo things happened today...

Traded in the Tacoma for this 2016 trundra crewmax with the TRD off road package. Don't worry, my FJ isn't going anywhere.

Currently has
TRD Pro front grill and hood bulge
TRD dual exhaust
Toyota Tri-fold hard tonneau cover
Fuel beast 18" rims
BFG AT tires
Tailgate stamp black insert
Windows tinted (I think they are about 15%)

very nice. How do you like it compared to the Taco? I would love one but the trails are so small here on the East Coast, it would get ruined way too quick haha

Derrick

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hey so I guess this is where I start. I've known about OB for awhile but finally joined Saturday. I just picked up my dream vehicle about a month ago, got my hands on an 08 fj cruiser.
VZM.IMG_20160523_100212.jpg
It took me awhile to find the right one but finally found this guy. It already had a full stage 2 icon lift with upper control arms. Both front and rear bumpers, CB radio and on top of that it's a six speed manual transmission. Also only has 80000 miles on it, so to say the least I'm very happy with it.

I have already installed a 23 inch light bar on the front bumper and some hella spot lights as well. I have some big plans for this rig, like the majority of you on here haha. But here are a few pictures of it on my last trip out.IMG_20160723_114338455.jpg IMG_20160723_114317454.jpg
IMG_20160723_112328226.jpg
IMG_20160723_112336964.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

AlysonH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Time to put up a few pics of my rig, a 2007 FJ Cruiser I bought brand new back in 2006.
I have many mods done to my rig, too many to list here.
Here is a 10 year old thread over on my forum, and it was started 10 years ago July the 25th 2006.
My rig had a 10 year birthday last week :D
http://www.yotatech.com/f204/coreys-2007-fj-cruiser-build-up-thread-90962/

Taken today with the sites badge on the ARB bumper

Installed some Demello Dominatorz sliders two Fridays ago to replace an aging set

Powertank ARB twin air-comp and tank, ARB fridge, a few Ezi-Awnn K9 stainless steel tables from Equipt Offroad

Mpac rear storage system that holds Molle bags, and it can fold down into a table if needed

Yaesu 857D, ATAS 120 antenna, and a Cobra 29 round out the communications department

And a few pics from various trips in the past
I really like the setup you have on the rear door. I'd love to do something like that on my Disco, but I need to come up with a way to lock open the door. If the wind catches the open door, which is already weighted down with an oversized tire, the hinges get out of whack and need to be replaced which is a pita. I've personally experienced it and know a few others who had the same problem. Is that a concern at all on the FJs?

Also that Maggiolina RTT is so nice!

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Thanks!
The rear door of all FJ Cruisers can be locked when in the open position.
You can see the rod in this photo below, and if you slide the yellow part of it, it will lock when in the expanded position when the door is fully open.

Would you be able to incorporate something like that on your Disco?
If you know anyone with an FJ Cruiser, or can take a look at a used one at a dealership, you might be able to see if that rod could be made to work with your rig.

Yes, I really enjoy the Maggiolina, it has done me well on many a camping trip, and it is holding up great for being outside and on the roof 24/7 since spring of 2008.

AlysonH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I actually looked into that. There's a flat sliding guide/hinge similar to the rod the FJs have, but it's not sturdy enough to use to hold the door - or at least doesn't look very strong.

I've been debating moving the tire off the door to a tire mount on the bumper, but that means taking the bumper off to refabricate it.

Alistair

Rank 0

Contributor II

Kinda looks like a cousin of the old Sidekick/Tracker. Pretty cool, man.
Thanks bud! It is indeed a cousin of the Sidetrack, which was sold over here as the Vitara (they still make that line, a new model just came out). In terms of lineage it is a direct descendant of the old Suzuki Samurai/SJ. It's more offroad-biased than the Sidetrack/Vitara.

Fatsquatch

Rank III

Advocate II

Des Moines, IA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
Nice. I had a Sidekick many years ago. A bit small for me, but I liked that I could take it just about anywhere a Jeep could go. I put a hardtop on mine because the old vinyl top was really noisy and cold as hell during the winter.

Reactions: Alistair

Truck mechanic

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Hi all!
This is my 72 IH Scout. I got her way back in 03. She was all stock back then, 258, 3 speed trans, drum brakes. since then, I ve lifter her, add 33s, disc front end from a 80 scout, Dana 300 from the same, also lunch box locker when I put it in. Put in a 4spd, power steering, hyda boost from an astro van, ac, oba, leather buckets, and now I'm putting in a fresh 4.0 with complet serp belt set up. The trailer is an old Boston Edison cable trailer. I'm building a kinda slide in tear drop for the trailer.20160704_101104 (2).jpg

iamsuperdan

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stony Plain, AB
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Clark
Member #

So I posted my build project already, but I just picked up my new daily driver last night.

2017 Ram 1500 Rebel. Full load, no sunroof. The build was only about 6 weeks from the day I ordered to taking delivery. I changed out the intake and added a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust. ARE canopy, Yakima racks, and some additional lighting will be on by this time next week. No adventures yet, but that's coming soon.

MJonaGS32

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

Just put this in the intro thread, I guess it's more appropriate here.

Here is a link to my rig:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/mjs-build-yes-finally-finding-time-to-do-this.160851/

Instagram: mjonags32

And a few pics of my rig:

Cleghorn Bar OHV - Plumas National Forest

Hells Revenge Trail (Moab, UT)
hells.jpg

Rubicon Trail
rubic.jpg

Capitol Reef NP - Utah
CR.jpg

Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest
humb.jpg

Signal Peak Trail - Tahoe National Forest
signal peak.jpg

Deer Valley Trail - El Dorado National Forest

Last edited:

Mademan925

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

discovery bay, ca 94505
Member #

Just put this in the intro thread, I guess it's more appropriate here.

Here is a link to my rig:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/mjs-build-yes-finally-finding-time-to-do-this.160851/

Instagram: mjonags32

And a few pics of my rig:

Cleghorn Bar OHV - Plumas National Forest

Hells Revenge Trail (Moab, UT)

Rubicon Trail

Capitol Reef NP - Utah

Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest

Signal Peak Trail - Tahoe National Forest

Deer Valley Trail - El Dorado National Forest
Your truck looks ugly and half the photos don't work.