Member Rides

• HTML tutorial
D

davidangusw

Speaking of cleaning trucks, I finally washed my Discovery 4 last night. I was up in northern CA and did a bit of off roading on some cool national forest trails. I had not washed my truck in 3 months and it was caked with dirt and thick mud. It took me about 45 minutes to power wash all of the underside, sliders, skid plates, etc.

Now I am ready to get it dirty again soon. :blush:

D

davidangusw

Here are a few photos, it was at night, but the truck is clean and the lights look cool. I still need to wipe down some of the black trim and give it a coat of wax. I have some hefty trail rash on the sides, which is why I got white. I don't mind getting it scratched up, but I don't want dents. :-)

Reactions: 9Mike2

CFM80

Rank 0

Traveler I

Been watching Overland Bound on Youtube and I love it.... Here's my 80 series! Fully locked, Slee 6 in lift, 35's, 529's, 12k winch, ARB front, Sliders and rear armor.

Reactions: k9sar
D

davidangusw

5834 said:
Been watching Overland Bound on Youtube and I love it…. Here’s my 80 series! Fully locked, Slee 6 in lift, 35’s, 529’s, 12k winch, ARB front, Sliders and rear armor.
I am a little in love with this 80! :-)

CFM80

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thanks fella's!  She's my pride and joy.  Alot of fun, would like to try it out at MOAB sometime.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
5939 said:
Thanks fella’s! She’s my pride and joy. Alot of fun, would like to try it out at MOAB sometime.
Wow Coleton! Do you also have the Hanna rear bumper? Awesome. A rare sight! I don't believe they are made any longer. You have a great rig!

Welcome to the site!

M

elissa

Rank 0

Traveler I

5834 said:
Been watching Overland Bound on Youtube and I love it…. Here’s my 80 series! Fully locked, Slee 6 in lift, 35’s, 529’s, 12k winch, ARB front, Sliders and rear armor.
Nice 80 series. We have one and we adore it!

CFM80

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey Michael, it sure is a Hanna rear.  I love it, I think you're right about them no longer being produced.  Just watched you're video on the ARB diff breather and I think I'm going to invest in one.  Thanks for the great inspiration and tips you provide!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
6030 said:
ARB diff breather and I think I’m going to invest in one. Thanks for the great inspiration and tips you provide!
You bet! I am glad you find the videos useful! I like the cleanness of the ARB kit, but is also viable to simply buy hose and attach it to the breather nipples on the axles and transmission case, and run them as high as possible. It could be done for less money.

See you on the trail!

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
6076 said:
I snapped these cool photos – hopefully the next ones will have the long-awaited Overland Bound emblem – can’t wait!
Haha awesome David! I love those pictures! What do you think of this one?

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

David-

Love the LR pics and that lucky #1 one will look amazing on it. After seeing pics I find myself drifting from the Toyotas to the LR's on ebay...That's I very nice rig sir.

Cheers!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
6361 said:
New to the site so thought I’d share my two rigs: 1980 HJ45 with Trakka Pop-Top
Jaw drops...

That Troopy is epic. I sure would like to see that in person! Momma Bear is no slouch with very clean lines. Two great rigs.

M