Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carmichael, CA, USA
First Name
Calvin
Last Name
cook
Member #

hello everyone just got this roof rack wanted some others opinion on what you think should i keep it or ditch it i just installed it this morning drove it i around town, not much noise on the freeway it whistles pretty good or should i just use it when on trips thanks everyone have a great day and a wonderful weekend DSCN0752.JPGDSCN0751.JPGIMG_20191003_102817.jpg

Attachments

ZanSTI

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middle Tennessee
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Have had my 2002 Sequoia for about 3 months now and bought it to be a daily driver, to tow my track car around, and for some overloading. Haven't done a ton besides your basic maintenance, Bilstein 5100's all around and a small lift (1-1.5"s), a new roof rack with lighting integrated into it, tire upgrade, and an RTT. Just had our first outing in it and have noticed some items that will need to be addressed in the form of: more lift, rock sliders, diff protection (just in case), water holding, way better packing and preparation, and then more learning from myself. It's been a blast though and the sequoia handled it quite well.

rut.png

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Reactions: DoggMan1163

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Reactions: Tallmike5-0

RogerD

Rank I

Contributor III

Kansas City
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Don
My current rig on its maiden offroad voyage, probably 2003(?) -- the hi-rez photo was taken with a camera that stored images on a floppy disk.
People I hung around called this "car camping" back then, but really didn't talk about it much, it was sort of considered cheating I guess since you weren't walking uphill hauling everything on your back, and sleeping with a rock jammed in your kidney.
Anyway, truck has remained all original (except for a new frame) until this past summer.
mosquito-pass.jpg

FJRebelGirl

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Elk Plain, WA, USA
First Name
Misty
Last Name
Tena
I decided to go up to the Greenwater area of Washington State near Crystal Mountain. Hit a couple forest service roads. Still rocking a stock Titan. I’m still deciding on what type of truck I want to end up with. Definitely staying with a full size. View attachment 123964View attachment 123965View attachment 123966View attachment 123967
May I ask when you went up and took these pics? I'm taking a group of ladies up to Buck Creek and Lonesome Lake this weekend and we were hoping for snow camp.

FJRebelGirl

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Elk Plain, WA, USA
First Name
Misty
Last Name
Tena
So here is my rig... 2011 FJ Cruiser - she's been all over wheeling, camping and exploring. This vehicle has given me the best last couple of years and counting. Biggest most substantial trip was 6 months after I got her I did a minimal build with a lift, bumper, winch and tires so I could go to FJ Summit 2018. I took 15 days, loaded her up and drove 3900 miles thru 8 states. Went to most National Monuments an some museums along the way. Even got to touch dino fossils! Played in Moab (scared myself when I put it on the front two wheels), Did FJ Summit in Ouray, CO (Loved this experience), spent a couple days in Yellowstone went up thru the beartooth highway, camped in Wyoming, Montana. It was a long solo trip but was awesome. Would've never had done it had I not got this FJ. IMG_0944.JPGIMG_7226.jpgIMG_7461.jpgIMG_9683.JPG

Tallmike5-0

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Washington State
First Name
Michael
Last Name
M
Member #

Thank you! I am hoping for snow at least at Lonesome Lake which FSRD 7160 and at 5,000'. We're camping at Buck Creek so I would presume it would only be a dusting if any. But should be COLD LOL
As of 10/19 Buck Creek (7160) was closed due to washout. That’s what the website says anyway.

FJRebelGirl

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Elk Plain, WA, USA
First Name
Misty
Last Name
Tena
As of 10/19 Buck Creek (7160) was closed due to washout. That’s what the website says anyway.
Thanks HOLY HELL!!! Scrambling now to find a new camping spot EEEKK. Still trying to hit Lonesome Lake which says its open. Thanks for the info, I thought the campsite wasn't in that far as it is closed at mile 4. But I don't have time to run up and see unless I run up tomorrow afternoon and would have to find another rig to go just in case. Girls meeting at 9am Sat.

Reactions: Tallmike5-0

Tallmike5-0

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Washington State
First Name
Michael
Last Name
M
Member #

Thanks HOLY HELL!!! Scrambling now to find a new camping spot EEEKK. Still trying to hit Lonesome Lake which says its open. Thanks for the info, I thought the campsite wasn't in that far as it is closed at mile 4. But I don't have time to run up and see unless I run up tomorrow afternoon and would have to find another rig to go just in case. Girls meeting at 9am Sat.
Good luck!