Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
View attachment 100006View attachment 100007
2002 F250
Primary mods it has is a 4" lift made from PMF and Zone parts, 35" At3w's and underbody armor. Future mods will be slow, but I am currently accumulating parts for a 12v Cummins swap. It gets most of its trail time in SE OK., but I am planning on a trip through Arizona and Utah later this summer.
Welcome, you have some pretty ambitious goals ahead that would hurt anyone's pocket book. The way I look at my rig is that it is an investment in my future off roading experiences. I will never sell my rig no matter how old it gets. Waste not want not....HUH

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I call that a great overlander.
Lots of patina.
Not some princess covered in chrome and shiny paint and driven by someone to anal to get it dirty.
DITTO, ANAL ??? IS THAT WHY SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET THEM DIRTY. I ALWAYS WONDER ABOUT THAT !!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I moved to Germany 7 years ago, finally fulfilled my dream of owning a Hilux. On a mission to be long haul ready for a trip from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic through the Pyrenees mountains bordering Spain and France. Soon!View attachment 100157
What a way to go. Thumbs up, be safe in your travels.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Great portfolio, obviously great company on your outings. Thanks for sharing, I stayed home all weekend because there was a thousand bad ass motorcyclist who came to town and took it over. I think they called themselves the "Banditos", a largely drug cartel group of "la Raza" activist.
Here's my rides stop me and say hi if we meet on the trail
Good chance we will meet up, I plan some trips to Az in the fall if everything works out. I'm just right next door. Didn't want the crowded conditions at flagstaff recently so will make it later minus the Expo. fiasco !

Reactions: Aussie571

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

Great portfolio, obviously great company on your outings. Thanks for sharing, I stayed home all weekend because there was a thousand bad ass motorcyclist who came to town and took it over. I think they called themselves the "Banditos", a largely drug cartel group of "la Raza" activist.

Good chance we will meet up, I plan some trips to Az in the fall if everything works out. I'm just right next door. Didn't want the crowded conditions at flagstaff recently so will make it later minus the Expo. fiasco !
Keep me posted when you out and about on the east

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My JK Rubicon. Overlanding in a 2 Door is space challenging but lets me get places 4 doors struggle to fit.View attachment 102685View attachment 102686
You'll change your mind when you have a wife and 2-3 kids. Plus you wont go the same places you do now out of concern for them and their welfare. Stay single is my advise if you want a jeep 2 door.

Reactions: roots66

RadioRick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Iverson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7NB
Service Branch
Army
You'll change your mind when you have a wife and 2-3 kids. Plus you wont go the same places you do now out of concern for them and their welfare. Stay single is my advise if you want a jeep 2 door.
Or, be near retirement age, have your kids out of the house and a wife who considers anything less than our diesel pusher RV "Roughing it" :-) Makes life simpler!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Or, be near retirement age, have your kids out of the house and a wife who considers anything less than our diesel pusher RV "Roughing it" :-) Makes life simpler!
Yeah I hear ya. My wife's idea of camping was checking into a Holliday in. I had a 67 Bronco back then she didn't care much for. So being a loner is all I ever knew if I went hunting fishing or camping.

BlueRaptor

Rank 0

Contributor I

Lower Alabama
First Name
Will
Last Name
E
Hey guys. New here. Not a Jeep, Toyota or LR but I have an '18 Ford Raptor that I'm hoping will spend a lot more time off road than on. Mostly stock now but I'm in the process of getting it outfitted. So far the biggest mods have been leveling the front, on board air and more money than I'm comfortable admitting in Baja Designs lighting. Have a set of 17" Method 305's waiting to go on. I'm currently looking for a bed rack that will allow me to use a roof top tent. Any suggestions you guys have is absolutely welcome!

r1.jpgr2.jpg