Member Rides

• HTML tutorial

Gaston95SR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey guys! Been following OB for a while now it's so awesome to see how far it has come and the rad community they have built. My wife and I had our first child back in December so it's been all hands on deck there, but now getting to the point of being able to hit the road again.

Anyway... Here is my adventure rig. Not sure if any other OB member is rocking one of these, but I cannot speak highly enough about it.

It's a 1995 Montero SR and has been nothing but amazing to me. Bought it with 110k miles on it bone stock and have only done some minor changes. She just never lets me down and can hang with a lot of the more notorious rigs out there : )

Hope to meet up with you all soon.
The Mule.JPG

Taoracer

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Here's my moms (haha) TRD.
Went up to buckeye hot springs a couple weeks ago.
The truck is stock, minus the extra leaf in the back. She originally had a nice pop up camper on it.
That truck is great though! I don't really see a need (yet) "building it".

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

Hey guys! Been following OB for a while now it's so awesome to see how far it has come and the rad community they have built. My wife and I had our first child back in December so it's been all hands on deck there, but now getting to the point of being able to hit the road again.

Anyway... Here is my adventure rig. Not sure if any other OB member is rocking one of these, but I cannot speak highly enough about it.

It's a 1995 Montero SR and has been nothing but amazing to me. Bought it with 110k miles on it bone stock and have only done some minor changes. She just never lets me down and can hang with a lot of the more notorious rigs out there : )

Hope to meet up with you all soon.
View attachment 5024
Nice! I looked for a Gen 2 SR for a long time, and I came up short-handed. Pretty good bang for the buck! Congratulations, and welcome to the community. It's pretty damn awesome ;)

Buzzard13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

I got my '78 a few months before I graduated in 2012, been slowly piecing him together since. been wanting to get him in the dirt for a long time and actually use the four wheel drive. I've pushed the boundaries and used him as a truck.26420008.JPG
Been through some crazy stuff, good and bad, and he's all ways been a blast to drive.
one major upgrade I would like to do is get some 235/85R16, that way I can get some bite in the ground.

onetonsub

Rank III

Advocate I

Tell us more (or at least me)! What eng, suspension, etc. that thing looks awesome!

I've replaced pretty much all of the drivetrain, electrical system, etc... It's got 5.3l LS engine fromBD turnkey engines, a 4L80E transmission, the stock NP241 transfer case is still in there but I put a JB Conversions fixed yoke on it and clocked it flat to increase belly clearance. The front axle is a Dana 60, with 4.88s and an open diff. Rear is a GM 14 bolt with 4.88s and a Detroit locker. Suspension consists of custom made 4" lift front springs from Offroad Design, a 4" shackle flip in the rear with stock 3/4ton springs, custom shock mounts and Bilstein shocks. I also built the bumpers, rock sliders, skid plates and a few of the crossmembers. I replaced the old wiring harness with a Painless harness, I also put autometer gauges in it. I still need to build a roof rack and install some comm equipment but it's getting there. On 35" General grabbers it gets 12-14mpg on the highway with the AC running.

Reactions: Taoracer and Steve

escadventure

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Ruidoso, NM, USA
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Howes
Service Branch
USAF vet
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but spotted these badass rigs in Yosemite. I tried to talk to the owners but there English was pretty broken up. I understood they came from France on a boat with their rigs and that's about it. One was a Toyota hilux and the other a ford ranger

The slide in looks like a camper called the Gazelle. I think made in Switzerland and sold in France. I looked into it while living in Germany. In the end decided on our German Fernweh-Mobile.

tomjones7888

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Discovery bay, California
Member #

2014 Fj cruiser. I have driven it to every state west of the Mississippi.
Ome heavy front springs and med rear
Arb roof basket
Arb delux bull bar
Warn m8000
Arb skid plates
6 hella rallye 4000 lights
Trd sliders
Custom sleeping platform
Snorkel
255/70/17 bfg km2
Dents,scratches,stickers lol

Attachments

J

Jonovision

Mods to date...in no particular order
Suspension
*replaced - for sale* OME 885/889 coil springs
*replaced - for sale* Bilstein 5100/5160 shocks
Total Chaos upper control arms
Total Chaos boxed lower control arms
Total Chaos lower alignment tab gussets
MetalTech adjustable 4-link and panhard bar
MetalTech Progressive rate long travel rear springs
MetalTech 3" bump stop drops
MetalTech stainless extended rear brake lines
Radflo 2.5" long travel remote reservoir rear shocks
Radflo 2.5" extended travel coilovers
Eibach 650lb springs

Protection and off-road equipment
Hefty Fabworks steel single swing out rear bumper (in the mail!)
ARB skid plates
OPOR Trail edition sliders
SuperWinch LP 8500
SuperWinch plate and custom brackets to fit behind the grille
SuperWinch Wireless controller
Camel Back Metal Gear full length expedition rack
GOBI ladder

Wheels and Tires
Ultra 198 Bolt 17x9” -12mm matte black wearing Goodyear Duratrac LT285/70/17 studded for winter in Alberta
Konig Countersteer Type X 17x8" -10mm black wearing Goodyear Silent Armour Pro Grade LT285/70/17
Goodyear MTR LT285/70/17

Fun stuff
Plasti-dip’d badges front, rear, and sides, plus hood
Stock running board delete
Satoshi Grille w/ Land Cruiser badge
Air Zenith OB2 compressor
*replaced - for sale* Viair 275c compressor
OTRATTW switches
WeatherTech liners
Air horn
Wild Coast Rooftop tent
ARB Expedition awning
3rd row delete, Dynamat Lite
Home made storage drawers
Axia mounts

Communications
Mangowalk 4” antenna
Kenwood DNN990
Kicker 12” sub
Concept 600 watt mono amp
Uniden Bearcat 880 CB
FireStik 4’ antenna

Power
TRD cold air intake
BlueSea marine grade aux battery setup
-ML-ACR 7622
-3x Mega Fuse Block 7721 w/ 100A MegaFuses
-ST Blade aux Fuse box 5032
-1ga cable T&B short barrel crimp-on lugs
Pelfrybilt group 31m battery cage
Optima BlueTop D31M house battery
Optima YellowTop D27F starting battery
500 watt Stanley inverter

Lighting
Morimoto mini bi-xenon
55 watt ballasts
Philips 55 watt ds2
20" Rigid Industries SR LED bar
6x Rigid A-Series high power rock lights
2x Rigid A-Series low power under hood lighting
2x Rigid Dually D2 fog lights (flood pattern)
Seward Off Road 40" light bar (combo pattern)

in the works/on the drawing board...
Beefier skids (by RCI most likely)
ARB Snorkell (coming soon!)
double lockers
Steel bumper - likely CBI front
Ruggedize/winterize RTT

Luc

Rank 0

Traveler I

CT/VT
Hey guys, been following OB for a while now, finally picked up my own rig so I figured I'd hop right in.

I scored a 91 Land Cruiser from Florida with zero rust on it (a big deal for us new englanders) about two weeks ago now. She's pretty much completely stock as of now, though she did come with some pretty beefy 31's which was a nice surprise.

I've got a ton of mods planned, as I'm sure we all do aha, but with budgeting for senior year of school and what not I hope to have at least an OME lift, thinking just a two inch or so, with a front bumper to get started. I've heard nothing but great things about the protection they afford, and hey, they look great. Cheers!
IMG_0291.JPG

Lifes2short4BS

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

I traded in my Patriot and got myself a Trailhawk
View attachment 5485
We have a '14 Trailhawk. Very nice ride, but sadly all aftermarket companies have given up on making suspension upgrades for it. Our lease is up in a few months and it will be going back to the dealer. We decided to build out my '04.5 Ram 2500 for Overlanding... trailhawk is getting replaced with a 328i

Reactions: Michael

Philbobagginz

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Brick, NJ
Member #

How are you liking it so far? I'm considering trading in our 07 GC for a Cherokee Trailhawk.
So far so good, like @HMBxplore said though, the aftermarket is rough. Apparently its very difficult to lift it. There is a small spacer lift available for it though, but its more of a homemade lift. A few members from JCC forum have used it and haven't said anything bad about it. I'll be taking it on its maiden voyage this Saturday on a nice day trip.