Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

Oh man, I bought two vehicles within the last year, and I haven't updated this... So here we go:

My 2017 Suzuki DR-Z400SS:

I've got some Wolfman soft bags for it, and a set of dirt wheels. Currently building out a smarter tool kit, and lightening the bike of unnecessary weight. I can load it up onto my Tacoma with a MotoTote hitch carrier.

My 2003 Tacoma TRD SR5 4X4 with a 5-speed:

Found this a few months ago, decent enough price, and only 133k mi. So far I've taken the Bestop, and some accessories off of CP TACO, and placed them onto this. I had rock sliders installed, and swapped out the rear suspension for OME Dakars and NitroCharger Sport shocks. Gonna do the front suspension next, also OME, with mid level springs. Only downside is that it's got a pretty crappy clear coat, resulting in a bad paint job. So I've got license plates on order: BDPNTJB.

Anyone want to buy a 2002 Tacoma PreRunner with 210k mi and a HG that's going out? haha

VI Overlander

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Fanny Bay BC Canada
Ham/GMRS Callsign
chernoble
02 TJ Sahara 3.5” lift. Built a custom locking deck in the back, no rear seats. Trailer had a standard RTT last year. This year I have installed a 2” lift, wheel spacers, spare tire carrier and stock Jeep wheels. CVT Mt Mazama being installed in 3 weeks. Lots to come, will start a thread of the build

Attachments

lucky_strike

Rank III

Contributor I

1982 K5 blazer
rebuilt and cammed 350 4 bolt main.
ORD 6" custom springs
3" shackle flip and 3" ORD custom spring in the rear
14 bolt FF axle
Detroit locker
3/4 ton 10 bolt front
35" BFG mud terrains
12k winch
Jegs all electric gauges
sm465 4 speed swap
np208 tcase
soft topper
truck tailgate conversion
swing away rear tire carrier
Silverado front seats
Tahoe third row seat
warn premium manual locking hubs
rear disk brake conversion
sway bar quick disconnects
currently collecting parts for cross over steering conversion.

IMG_0599 (1) - Copy.jpga

k5 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

torquenbeans

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tustin, CA, USA
Member #

1982 K5 blazer
rebuilt and cammed 350 4 bolt main.
ORD 6" custom springs
3" shackle flip and 3" ORD custom spring in the rear
14 bolt FF axle
Detroit locker
3/4 ton 10 bolt front
35" BFG mud terrains
12k winch
Jegs all electric gauges
sm465 4 speed swap
np208 tcase
soft topper
truck tailgate conversion
swing away rear tire carrier
Silverado front seats
Tahoe third row seat
warn premium manual locking hubs
rear disk brake conversion
sway bar quick disconnects
currently collecting parts for cross over steering conversion.

View attachment 90788a

View attachment 90790
Holy dream rig... [emoji91]

torquenbeans

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tustin, CA, USA
Member #

'13 Chevy Tahoe LT 2wd - daily driver
Fox 2.0 Coilovers
Bilstein rears
SLP TVS 1900 Blower
Trigger kit for lighting
Rear locker
33" ko2

Just did the border patrol bumper cut for more clearance and I dig it but ended up buying a bolt on ADD bumper that'll go on soon.

Aside from that I'm going to be focusing on the basics and less expensive things for now. I'm mostly a day trip type but will be camping out and going on longer trips soon with the wife.LRM_EXPORT_1015193510565351_20190326_214123340.jpeg

Last edited:

TacomaDave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

2018 Jeep JLU
Nice Rubicon. Those pictures remind me of when I was driving for CFI many moons ago. Which actually stood for "Contract Freighters Inc." But our Canadian counterparts said it stood for "Canadian Freight Interceptors". I'm sorry guys. I just went where I was sent. But for a few years I was stuck on the route of the NAFTA yard in Laredo, Texas. Where it was 75 degrees in January. Hauling Mexican freight to the middle of Canada where it was 8 feet of snow and so cold my thermometer just read "You wouldn't believe it". That was fun times indeed.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
2011 Tahoe LT 4x4 Rough Country 5 in lift, RS 7K shocks and struts, Fabfour Pre runner front bumper, Warn 9500 winch, Fabfour rear bumper, Cooper AT-3 35 in tires, Pro Comp Sledge 43 sat. blk. 17x9 wheels, Ridged E-20 Hybrid Spot Flood light bar, 4 in spot lights, 4.10 gears Airaid JR, Bushwacker fender flares, AMP power step boards, custom storage / bed conversion for the back, AVS window visors, DashPaq engine tuner, Pioneer rear camera. Rear swing out tire carrier, Dual batteries, Custom roof rack cross bars, Window insulation black out screens.
180553PS.jpg

4 ft x 4 ft and 1 foot deep Storage under the rack and bed on top the rack and bed can be removed in 5 minutes.
Tahoe.jpg

Full size tempurpedic bed in the back. The window block outs have been replaced with 1 inch foam covered with a camo fabric they can be seen in a photo below.
Tahoe camping.jpg
The window covers below are fitted to rear door and rear side and the back windows full time and in the summer the inside temps are about 20 degrees cooler after sitting in the sun. In the winter the inside temps stay much warmer when sleeping inside. Rear view camera takes the place of a rear view mirror.
50799546_10157141834026738_1319531390621974528_n.jpg

Camping at Hat creek just outside of Lassen Nat park.
Canoe rack3.jpg

Power ports, 1 cigarette lighter plug and the other is two USB ports these have power full time.
20181014_161114.jpg

The following is my custom made roof rack the top one is a stock rack with plastic ends the bottom is my low profile rack made with wing shaped cromoly steel (Bi plane wing strut) shown before painting. The low profile is considerably stronger and allows for lower mounting of a basket or canoe on top.
Canoe rack compare.jpg

Attachments

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

2011 Tahoe LT 4x4 Rough Country 5 in lift, RS 7K shocks and struts, Fabfour Pre runner front bumper, Warn 9500 winch, Fabfour rear bumper, Cooper AT-3 35 in tires, Pro Comp Sledge 43 sat. blk. 17x9 wheels, Ridged E-20 Hybrid Spot Flood light bar, 4 in spot lights, 4.10 gears Airaid JR, Bushwacker fender flares, AMP power step boards, custom storage / bed conversion for the back, AVS window visors, DashPaq engine tuner, Pioneer rear camera. Rear swing out tire carrier, Dual batteries, Custom roof rack cross bars, Window insulation black out screens.
View attachment 91035

4 ft x 4 ft and 1 foot deep Storage under the rack and bed on top the rack and bed can be removed in 5 minutes.
View attachment 91038

Full size tempurpedic bed in the back. The window block outs have been replaced with 1 inch foam covered with a camo fabric they can be seen in a photo below.
View attachment 91039
The window covers below are fitted to rear door and rear side and the back windows full time and in the summer the inside temps are about 20 degrees cooler after sitting in the sun. In the winter the inside temps stay much warmer when sleeping inside. Rear view camera takes the place of a rear view mirror.
View attachment 91041

View attachment 91040

Power ports, 1 cigarette lighter plug and the other is two USB ports these have power full time.
View attachment 91043

The following is my custom made roof rack the top one is a stock rack with plastic ends the bottom is my low profile rack made with wing shaped cromoly steel (Bi plane wing strut) shown before painting. The low profile is considerably stronger and allows for lower mounting of a basket or canoe on top.
View attachment 91044
Great looking rig!

torquenbeans

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tustin, CA, USA
Member #

View attachment 91035

View attachment 91038

View attachment 91039
View attachment 91041

View attachment 91040

View attachment 91043

View attachment 91044
Wow. This is the first complete Tahoe I've seen. Badass!!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman