Member Rides

• HTML tutorial

Ryan_Blaire

Rank IV

Advocate II

My first dedicated off-road toy was 1984 FJ60. It was SOA on 35's and I loved it. Then I saw a built FJ80 and had to have one. As the build on my 80 near's completion (if there is such a thing) it was time for the FJ60 to find a new home. This has lead to a trade for a 1997 4Runner. I've never owned a 4 runner and I couldn't be happier! Stage 2 Total Chaos Upper control arms and King coil-overs. Looks good sitting next to my 80.IMG_4859.JPG

GoldenStateAdv

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lompoc, Ca
Member #

My current overlanding rig is a 2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4x4 XE. It has a 3.3L V6 with 220,000 miles. Modifications include 31" General Grabber AT2's, onboard air via a mounted and wired Superflow MV50 compressor, Indel B TB31 fridge, Optima Yellow-Top, Tepui Kukenam rooftop tent, TJM Airtec snorkel with k&n filter, front and rear recovery points, home-brew bed storage system, overload springs with air shocks in the rear, and is as I type getting custom shackles made and installed to give approximately 2-3" of lift as well as a torsion bar crank, and various communication and navigation tools or mounts. Other modifications coming in the very near future include a awning, and onboard heated water system. Modifications down the road include a custom swing out carrier, winch, and Lokka front mechanical locker. Picture below was taken last week at Oceano State Beach
image.jpg

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
My current overlanding rig is a 2003 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4x4 XE. It has a 3.3L V6 with 220,000 miles. Modifications include 31" General Grabber AT2's, onboard air via a mounted and wired Superflow MV50 compressor, Indel B TB31 fridge, Optima Yellow-Top, Tepui Kukenam rooftop tent, TJM Airtec snorkel with k&n filter, front and rear recovery points, home-brew bed storage system, overload springs with air shocks in the rear, and is as I type getting custom shackles made and installed to give approximately 2-3" of lift as well as a torsion bar crank, and various communication and navigation tools or mounts. Other modifications coming in the very near future include a awning, and onboard heated water system. Modifications down the road include a custom swing out carrier, winch, and Lokka front mechanical locker. Picture below was taken last week at Oceano State Beach
View attachment 311
That is an epic picture! Looks like a perfect evening!

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

@Wilson - thanks. Yes I used to work at a Jeep dealership and they would always try convincing me to trade out. My response was always when you make something as reliable as mine I might considerate it. But with how grand cherokees and cherokees are looking these days. . I will pass.

@Michael - Thanks actually love the roof rack. Was custom made by a forum member with a full length steel floor and removable section above the sunroof. He fabricated it so it simply drops into the factory mounting points and I didn't have to drill into the roof. Love the low profile and he fabricated the bars around the 40 inch light bar I purchased for it. Love how it is at night on the trail

http://whitsonmetalworks.com/
Hey now.....Don't pick on the Grand Cherokees to much. I happen to think mine is rather sexy. Although, from 2005+ i hate the way they look lol.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

@deeker
in the green foot locker (fishing box) is toilet paper, a set of welding leads, a welding helmet, hot work gloves, fire retardant long sleeve shirt, chipping hammer, wire brush, 150 1/8 6010 series Hobart welding rods, 150 1/8 7018 series McKay welding electrodes, an 8 lb sledge hammer with the handle shortened, a 4 1/2 inch grinder, 10 4 1/2 inch cut off wheels, 10 4 1/2 inch grinding wheels, a 50 foot extension cord, and a complete craftsman mechanics tool set... i know its hard to believe but it is in fact a complete tool set :-) i havnt lost any of it. hiding int he back somewhere is a 3 1/2 ton floor jack that i took the wheels off of and covered the bottom with 3/16 plate for used in soft soil, an axe, and a shovel.

In the ammo can is 2 20 foot 1/2 inch chains with hooks that i never used...yet, 2 snatch blocks. 2 30 foot recovery straps that i use all the time, 4 crosby shackles i use all the time, a big flippin hook that fits in my 2 inch receiver hitch, jumper cables, tree savers/chokers, winch controller, leather gloves.

there is a lot in this truck i have not shared, everywhere i can fit it.... lol i have a bug out bag thats well loaded too... but i use it every time i go camping/hiking/overlanding so its kind of a part of the truck!

.... no body try to come take any of it.... i would hate to have to shoot you.

Reactions: SLO Rob

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

@jordanbrooks more and more suspension options are becoming available for the WJ/ZJ i dig the newest long travel that rough country came out with.

i had a rustys long arm on my V8 ZJ i think the total lift was 7 inches.... crazy... thank goodness it settled a bit over time. the travel was amazing!

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

@jordanbrooks more and more suspension options are becoming available for the WJ/ZJ i dig the newest long travel that rough country came out with.

i had a rustys long arm on my V8 ZJ i think the total lift was 7 inches.... crazy... thank goodness it settled a bit over time. the travel was amazing!

Yeah there are a lot of lifts coming out for the WJ.. I am thinking in the spring i'll go up to 4in and that will probably be the highest i'll go since it is a family car and a daily driver.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I was composing a post last night when the forum appeared to go down, so I will take another stab at it. I realized I didn't post a photo of my rig in my introduction post - so I will do it here instead.

I also got to take some European guests out wheeling a few weeks ago, one shot these videos:

Gotta love an X. Freakin' billygoats.

Here's my billygoat being led by my mule: