First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all,

In the old forums, we had a member location map, and I have been working to get a new, better version up and running so you can see who is around you. I'd like for you guys to check it out and tell me what you think.

This is a prototype! The final version will be synced up with the forums. This version is not, so keep a couple things in mind:
  1. To show up on the map, you need to be registered on the main Overland Bound blog site, which, for now, is separate from the forums (that will be fixed soon).
  2. The end-all be-all identity for forum and bog users is your email address. You can have the same registration on both sites if you simple register with the same e-mail address, and choose the same user name and password. Let me know if you have any issues!
OK, so, all that said, please take a look and let me know what you think!

Here is the Member Map

If you would like to add your location to the map, go here: My Location Setting

2016-02-15_1406.png

Last edited:
Reactions: murps

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I entered my location but it didn't show on the map. Does it take a while to update?

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

My location was already set, but im not on the map. Also, it may confuse users on the user/pass for that site since its the wordpress side.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

This map would be really neat. Keep us posted on the progress!

It would be great to just open up the map and see who's on the path of your next adventure and then possible do some Meet & Greets along the way.

Reactions: Tim

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

How do I enter my location on the map? None of the links above seem to work.
You need to be more specific in your location in your profile. The maps doesn't know where OKC is. Change that, and you should show up somewhere within a 20 mile radius.

Kira Murdock

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Angeles
Member #

I joined OB primarily for the map to find other members when I am legitimately overlanding in other countries. No member map?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I joined OB primarily for the map to find other members when I am legitimately overlanding in other countries. No member map?
The map is not working correctly after an upgrade. I have emailed OLB about it.

Reactions: Kira Murdock