First Name
Dave
Last Name
Matthews
Member #

hello everyone im just getting up on the forums finally
dave m.
from san diego currently living in springfield il
im looking for my next overlander as my 2000 subie forester has given up the ghost

Reactions: Veritablehatter

Contributor I

Hello all, I've actually been a forum member for quite some time, but I haven't been an actively participating member. I've never even gotten around to introducing myself, so I thought I would correct that here and now.

I've been off-roading since long before my purchase of my own first 4x4 in 1994. I actually "grew up" in the Sierra Nevada mountains in the back seat of a Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-60, and before that I rode on an old Honda Trail 90. After a slew of Suzukis, an 85 4Runner, and a Pinzgauer 710M, my wife and I have happily settled down with a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 35's which we use to tow a Lifetime Tent Trailer. I've modded both for extensive use on all but the most hardcore trails.

We live in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay) and have a cabin about an hour's drive from either end of the Rubicon Trail. The central Sierra Nevada is our favorite stomping grounds, although we've also enjoyed our longer trips to California's North Coast, Pismo, Death Valley, Big Bear, Johnson Valley, and all over Western Nevada. We're members of Contra Costa Jeepers, BlueRibbon Coalition, CORVA, Cal4Wheel, AMA, TREAD Lightly!, and several other organizations.

I've always been an active outdoorsman, but until we met, my wife was a Midwest girl who'd never been camping in her life. She and I thoroughly enjoy every opportunity we have to get as far into the backcountry as possible. The tent trailer adds plenty of fun and comfort to our excursions, although we're just as happy to throw a tent down in the dirt.

Attachments

G.C. Gordon

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Odessa, Texas, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

Hello to all. I've been a forum member for about a month now. I finally joined officially today. I've been running a '97 4Runner, but decided that a bigger rig. I will be transitioning to a '95 fzj 80 land cruiser in the next week. I can't wait to get it ready for adventure.

Traveler I

US
Always looking for more trails and trying to get more people involved in the outdoor/overlanding world.

The name is Casey. I currently have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland CRD. New to forum but not to the lifestyle. I'm always trying to get my wife into it more. Help me with this, ladies!

Slowly making the Overland badge from Jeep actually mean something.

Currently in south Alabama but have been all over.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Asuarez_673

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia Beach, VA
First Name
Alexis
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Alex, im 22 and im active duty navy currently stationed in norfolk, va but orginally from burbank, ca. My overland rig is a 2006 suburban that i recently started to build as an overland rig. My experience overlanding is roughly more experienced than a novice. Ive done lots of offroading and camping and adventuring, but nothing really like this, but i cant wait to go out with some of you on here and learn more! I am currently waiting on my number!

USA_jeep

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello,
Love the warm welcome. I am 17 and have been in the outdoors sense I can remember. I have been off-roading my 2014 Jeep jk for a while with a love for camping and adventuring. I figured after watching others live the life it is about time I join in. I plan to take in all of nature with my dad and family friends. Nothing can beat a good camp site, some dirt, and a few capable offroaders.

Hello all new to the site, have been on trips before camping/exploring new areas wether it be in the summer in the dirt or winter climbing logging roads to get to snow, currently gearing up my 2002 dodge ram 2500 4x4 with a 5.9 cummins in it named Wour Pony, semi built and trail-able right now but its a work in progress, i like being different and having a unique setup. I'm located in Sunriver Oregon, theirs tons of area to explore and adventure in the summer and winter. stoked to be apart of the sight and become a member!! #wourpony

Attachments

musher

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Pole Alaska USA
Member #

Hello OB,
I've been lurking around for a bit and finally joined at the request of TheAlaskanMike. Currently trying out a Tacoma for my travels. I've been doing this stuff for over 20 years now in some form or another. I'm in the heart of Alaska so if I can be of any help to anyone please let me know. Thanks for having me.

Attachments

Last edited:

GeoCampers #4771

Mid Europe Local Expert, France, Belgium
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

Hi fellow overlanders.
New to the forum and the community but not to Overland Bound. Been following on youtube for a while.

Rig: we have just bought a new Mitsu L200 before we had a LR Discovery2 from 2001. Picture off the Disco and the trailer somewhere in the Swedish forest. The L200 is 3 months old and we are now preparing it
Experience: The last couple of years we have been discovering Sweden with our Disco and our trailer. And we want more! So, we are relatively new to overlanding.

We that is me, my wife and 3 children (14, 11 and 4). We love the outdoors, explore and camp. We last year's we noticed that our trips gotten more and more adventurous and we began to like the unknown. So, we are slowly becoming overlanders i guess.

anyway, nice to be part of the community and hope to learn a lot and maybe meet some of you somewhere.

regards,
Toon

Attachments

OutlawTJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Inwood, Ontario Canada
Member #

Hey everyone! I've been on the forum for a couple of weeks now and I didn't even notice this thread haha

Rig: 1997 Jeep TJ Sport and I've named my build OutlawTJ. As of right now it has a 4" lift and 33s and I'm hoping to upgrade my suspension parts as well as do Dana 44 axle swaps. It has 310,000kms on it and still runs strong and I hope to either swap in a 4bt cummins when the straight six quits or slap in a high performance straight six crate engine with a supercharger.

Experience: backcountry camping, wheeling in the mud and friends fields, muddy farms. Not very much trail experience but i hope to get out there this summer! Can't wait for the future of overlanding and exploring with my girlfriend and family!

OutlawTJ
OB Member #4407

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Hi all.

New to the forum. Been watching and lurking for a while.

Rigs: 2005 Jeep Wrangler. 4" Currie lift, Ford 8.8 rear end with ARB locker, Dana 30 front with ARB locker, Genright Crawler EXT fuel tank, inside tub rhinolined, CB but fixing to swap comms to 50 watt HAM, Warn M8000S, 35" Firestone MTs.

Wife's rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Sahara. 2.5" RC suspension. 35" KM2s, going to 50 watt HAM as well, Smittybilt bumpers front and rear, Smittybilt 9500 winch

Experience: Over 10 years of off-road, rock crawling and trail experience. We have been hiking/ backcountry camping for over 20 years.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends and taking some great overlanding trips.

76mv

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fife, Scotland, UK
Member #

Hi fellow overlanders.
New to the forum and the community but not to Overland Bound. Been following on youtube for a while.

Rig: we have just bought a new Mitsu L200 before we had a LR Discovery2 from 2001. Picture off the Disco and the trailer somewhere in the Swedish forest. The L200 is 3 months old and we are now preparing it
Experience: The last couple of years we have been discovering Sweden with our Disco and our trailer. And we want more! So, we are relatively new to overlanding.

We that is me, my wife and 3 children (14, 11 and 4). We love the outdoors, explore and camp. We last year's we noticed that our trips gotten more and more adventurous and we began to like the unknown. So, we are slowly becoming overlanders i guess.

anyway, nice to be part of the community and hope to learn a lot and maybe meet some of you somewhere.

regards,
Toon
Welcome
My family and I are also new to "Overland Bound". We also have three children (14,4 and a 9 month old).

Reactions: SLO Rob

Adventure_InAllForms

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Tobe
Last Name
Gee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT0BEG
Hello OB Forums!

I have watched the YouTube videos for some time now and was always in awe of the places you can visit once you get off the pavement. I really like what OB stands for and I was excited to join. Just received my badges and new member kit in the mail on Saturday. OK, so now to add the details about me based on the suggestions made on the first post by Lifestyle Overland (also loving that YouTube channel!).

1. I am member #4425.
  2. I am located in Charlotte, NC.
  3. I am a complete n00b to this. I have no experience off the pavement.
  4. My vehicle of choice, currently, is a 2016 Jeep Patriot 75th Anniversary Edition. (Upgraded "Sport" package.)
  5. I am not looking to crawl slowly up a rocky mountain face, I am more geared toward the adventure aspect of overlanding.
  6. I don't have Facebook, so I'm relying on the Forums for information and meet-ups.
The things that interest me the most would be trips that get you to fantastic overlooks, or places with awe-inspiring scenic views.

Feel free to reach out if you're in my area and wouldn't mind having someone completely new to this tag along on a trip. I am always looking for adventure!

Thank you and I look forward to what's around the next corner!

DRPIMG_20170406_133733.jpg

PuraVida

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Midland, Texas, United States
First Name
Caleb
Last Name
Austin
Member #

Checking in! New member from S Texas just outside the East side of San Antonio.
Loved Jeeps for awhile but always had trucks being raised around farming and such. Picked up my '89 Jeep YJ about 4 years ago, and even tho it had the gutless 2.5L engine I loved it. Over the last year I have started modifying her. She now has a V6 drivetrain out of an '89 S10 (engine auto tranny and transfer case) added 2.5" leafs and 5/8 shackles. Just added newish wheels and tires from a 2016 Rubicon:

Since putting the automatic transmission in my wife has loved it! Loved it so much it gave her a case of Jeep fever. So after much thinking and praying and looking at our life and what our goals are for raising our two little girls we went out and bought her a 2010 JKUR with only 67k on the clock.

She does have a little lift but not sure of brand or even how much of a lift. Gonna figure it out just have not had time to really look at it.
Our goal with the new jeep is to explore south Texas and beyond. We moved down 3 years ago and have not explored near enough (shame on us) so we are going to correct that short coming.
In the process of rigging up the rubi now, we have installed new bumpers front and rear. The rear has a better tire carrier (time will tell how well it holds up). I have a new 10k winch sitting in the garage to put on it as soon as my wife brings it back from N Texas.

Next is finding which roof rack we want to go with (I'm leaning toward the Gobi) and RTT we want (no idea, I've seen a lot of people say a lot of different things about RTT's so I have no idea)
I am hoping to glean a lot of knowledge from the community and hopefully help where I can.
Oh idk if we can but here is the link to my instagram account for my old jeep.
http://instagram.com/amscogarage
We are going to make a new one for the new jeep and our adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anvilmike

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

New Orleans
Member #

Hello from southeast Louisiana. I recently joined after checking out the forums and such. Looks like a great crew here. Somewhat new to the overlanding thing...however, not new to wheeling and muddin'. Previous off road vehicles consisted of an 88.5 Suzuki Samurai and a '07 Z71 Suburban. I currently own a '14 Jeep JKUR hardtop with a few small mods. Rear mounted jerry can, cb and some molle here and there. Future mods planned are a winch and roof rack. Looking forward to some meet and greets.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Kris_619

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego
Member #

Hi Everyone! checking in from San Diego, Ca and Brand new to this overland life . I currently own a 2005 tacoma 4x4 with some basic mods (OME lift , 285 tires , mamba wheels 17x9) at the moment but more things coming really soon (Pelfreybilt sliders and front bumper on order and ARB air locker and compressor waiting to be installed!) hoping to get some outdoor time on my belt and meeting cool people along the way!

300WMTUCK

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roseville
Member #

Hello from Roseville, CA! Found the OB group about a week ago and spent some time trolling the pages. I like the atmosphere and decided to add to the full size vehicle ranks. I joined OB today. Member number still to come. My current rig is a 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab short bed with a 6.0 gas engine. Why not the DMax? Simple. I couldn't find a crew cab with the diesel. I grew up Overlanding in the South as a kid and in the Sierras as a young adult. Haven't done any real offroad activities for 10 years. Career kept me from it but now family and kids are driving me back to the outdoors. Been out of the off road world for so long I think I'll qualify myself as a novice. Have more plans than time for the rig but first up is to build a bed rack and cargo basket. Once I have some pics of the truck I'll get them posted up. Thanks for having me.

eloist

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Hey people.
New member from Nashville.

I've got a decent amount of off road driving experience, but i've never called it "overlanding" until I found people like y'all :)

Current truck is a 2008 LR3.
It's stock (pretty much) for now. I also have a Volkswagen habit, which drains my discretionary funds more than it should.

Last edited: