Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

I stumbled onto here through binge watching the Overland Bound Channel on you tube.
My name is Tony but since I was a kid my dad called me TDAWG so everyone else does and only my mom calls me Tony. lol
I drive a 1995 Chevy Tahoe have done a little basic mods but I'm finding out that they were more for looks than fiction. this a picture of the before after I bought it.View attachment 20957View attachment 20958this is after I added the Baja Bar with 3 H.I.D lights, I had to customize a kit to mount those step rails, the roof rack is custom as well because I could really find one I liked. but I am find out the hard there isn't much out there for a 95 Chevy Tahoe. So I'm making everything slowly but surely.
That's what it takes. One step at a time

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: liftedrango

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I'm Kory Tams, and I've bee cruising this site for a minute now, it's one of the best resources of overlanding info on the web! I'm a Design Engineer from Ogden, Utah. I bought me a bone-stock 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L 4 door back in January of 2017. Within that time she's come together quite nicely... my brothers and I have been out and about camping from vehicles ever since we were kids, and it's only gotten more frequent!View attachment 20706
Welcome! I have a friend that teaches at the college there in Ogden. Love it up there! Welcome! Great rig

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

I stumbled onto here through binge watching the Overland Bound Channel on you tube.
My name is Tony but since I was a kid my dad called me TDAWG so everyone else does and only my mom calls me Tony. lol I've 4Wheeling, hunting & camping. I never really noticed or realized that when you go wheeling through different states it's considered overland travel. My experience I would say novice because from watching Michael on the Overland Bound Channel there are many things to learn.
I drive a 1995 Chevy Tahoe have done a little basic mods but I'm finding out that they were more for looks than function. this a picture of the before after I bought it.View attachment 20957View attachment 20958this is after I added the Baja Bar with 3 H.I.D lights, I had to customize a kit to mount those step rails, the roof rack is custom as well because I couldn't really find one I liked. but I am finding out the hard way that there isn't much out there for a 95 Chevy Tahoe. So I'm making everything slowly but surely.
welcome to the group. nice truck

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

Paul here, new member from Oslo, Norway.
I drive a 2009 Hilux, slightly modified, shown in a typical Norwegian winter morning.
I've been across europe and most of Norway in this rig. It's quite interessting on the autobahn and an nice change from all the Teslas in Oslo.
View attachment 21000
welcome to the group. go the Lux

Reactions: finlayforprez

PukeBags

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Silverton, Oregon
Member #

Hello all,
As many new member to this wonderful site, I have been lurking around for a while. Well I finally pulled the trigger on joining (obviously), and then proceeded to have the worst week ever. First thing in the morning Monday, I had a piece of swarf (turning, chip, etc.) catch my left hand, cutting my middle finger to the bone, and left the pointer and ring with some good lacerations. The worst part is that i was going to have a long weekend, and i was hoping to get out hills for my first test run of the year. Oh well, i will always have more weekends to go and explore, maybe I will just run a few day trips with my wife. Hope to see you all out there.
Lukebags

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello all,
As many new member to this wonderful site, I have been lurking around for a while. Well I finally pulled the trigger on joining (obviously), and then proceeded to have the worst week ever. First thing in the morning Monday, I had a piece of swarf (turning, chip, etc.) catch my left hand, cutting my middle finger to the bone, and left the pointer and ring with some good lacerations. The worst part is that i was going to have a long weekend, and i was hoping to get out hills for my first test run of the year. Oh well, i will always have more weekends to go and explore, maybe I will just run a few day trips with my wife. Hope to see you all out there.
Lukebags
Welcome!!! Oh man, I am so sorry to hear about that injury, sounds terrible! Get some rest and heal soon!

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Hello all,
Lukebags
Sucks! I hope ya get better fast! Where are from?

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

76mv

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fife, Scotland, UK
Member #

Hello from #4309 Marco
Family and I live in Scotland and we travel by a Defender 110. My wife and I have traveled Europe and North Africa together and I have circumnavigated the globe by motorcycle back in 2002. Now choosing our overland trips with our children in mind. Gently breaking them in to overland travels.
Thanks Marco

Last edited:

76mv

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fife, Scotland, UK
Member #

I have just been looking through some post of new members and I came across peoples OB number as being higher than mine. (Just became a member today) Please correct me if I have this wrong but I thought the first 500 members could pick there numbers but after this you are given a number in succession.
Thank you

Veritablehatter

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boston, MA
Member #

Hey all, I picked up a '12 forester after a tree fell on my last car and decided I wanted to start working to make it a little more off-road friendly. I ran across Fozroamer's stuff, which led me to this community.

I'm an archaeologist/cultural resource guy working with the US National Park Service, so a lot of the founding principles really made sense to me. I've traveled and hiked through a whole bunch of different places, bits of the pan am down in Chile, out into inner Mongolia, and out and about in Taiwan, I'm always looking for the next adventure. The idea of "leave it better than when you got there" just resonated.

Looking forward to diving in.

best,
-Vhat

Last edited:

BamaJim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Athens Al
Member #

image.jpeg Hey y'all. New member from Athens Alabama. I've been following the OB community for close to 6 months now and have finally decided to take the leap. I'm an avid outdoorsman and a veteran of Desert Storm. I Love the principles and ideas of this community and wanted to be a part of it. Though I'm new to over landing, I've spent a lot of time with nature. I recently purchased this 2011 Tacoma and I'm looking forward to setting it up (if I can manage to get it back from my wife). It's a blank canvas at the moment. All advice is welcome as this will be my first rig build. Hope to see you on the trails!

Reactions: justin marsh

Paddle2dac

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Burgoyne
Member #

Hello everyone. checking in from Portage La Prairie Manitoba, Canada! Most of my overland experience has been with a 2011 2 door jeep but I sold her and am now working on with a 2012 Tacoma. Excited to gain knowledge through these forums and meet new people!