• HTML tutorial

Lewthor

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rowlett, TX
Member #

Howdy All,

Name is Chad (Lewthor has been my forum and gamer handle forever), been lurking the forum and site for a while just decided to actually say hello.
Currently live in Rowlett, TX (Think the beginning of Zombieland Garland, TX but less undead)
Just got myself a 2001 Jeep XJ Sport 4x4, unmodified for cheap! Once I can drive it out of the driveway without the death wobble trying to kill me I will get a pic. Although its not much to look at it should do what I want it for.
Completely new to overlanding and I'm excited to explore!

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Howdy All,

Name is Chad (Lewthor has been my forum and gamer handle forever), been lurking the forum and site for a while just decided to actually say hello.
Currently live in Rowlett, TX (Think the beginning of Zombieland Garland, TX but less undead)
Just got myself a 2001 Jeep XJ Sport 4x4, unmodified for cheap! Once I can drive it out of the driveway without the death wobble trying to kill me I will get a pic. Although its not much to look at it should do what I want it for.
Completely new to overlanding and I'm excited to explore!
Welcome to the forums and the overlanding community. I am still relatively new myself to overlanding but the community is awesome and very helpful. Hopefully, the jeep wobble will be an easy fix and then you can start outfitting and exploring! You really do not need much to start. Just a vehicle and a trail map.

Reactions: justin marsh

JaimyMac630

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Rescue, California, USA
First Name
Jaimy
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Hello,

My name is Ian. I have spent many years of my life traveling by road. Growing up in the Pacific Northwest, my family and I would take trips that cross the United States, and even up into Canada a few times. I now live in Sacramento, Ca and can't wait to experience similar trips with my fiance and the family we plan to build.

In late 2004 I purchased my dream vehicle, a 2004 Tacoma. I purchased it from a fellow who decided that after he put 5,000 miles on it, he wanted a full size. Sounded reasonable to me, I offer to buy it as long as he didn't change the oil on it (I wanted to be the first and only person to change it's oil). Many years later, she still runs strong getting me out of any place I've taken her too. In my younger years with my Tacoma I built it for speed and playing in the sand. However, since I miss the road and the travels that I've had, I am shifting my attention to building my truck for longer and longer trips on less and less pavement traveled.

I have put more blood, sweat, and tears into my truck than I can count. A whole list of things I done over the past 12 years. Everything I have done to my Tacoma, I have done in my own garage with the help of some of my best friends.

Current projects are:
Weld together CBI Off-Road DIY front bumper then powder coat
Weld on CBI Sliders
Add Warn Winch
Install Sierra LED rock lights
Re-gear to 4.56
Build bed organizer
Duel battery setup
On board Air
Tune CB Radio

And many more things I wish i have won the lotto to do and install today. ;-)

Plans to make trips up into the Sierras this summer, to get away from the valley heat and to enjoy time outdoors.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to possibly meeting some of you out on the trail!
View attachment 19116
Welcome Ian! We have a good local group in the Sacramento area!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Vantams

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
I'm Kory Tams, and I've bee cruising this site for a minute now, it's one of the best resources of overlanding info on the web! I'm a Design Engineer from Ogden, Utah. I bought me a bone-stock 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L 4 door back in January of 2017. Within that time she's come together quite nicely... my brothers and I have been out and about camping from vehicles ever since we were kids, and it's only gotten more frequent!IMAG1391.jpg

TundraProject

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Ramon CA
Member #

IMG_2168.JPG Hi all! I'm Anthony. I have been surfing overland type videos for a while and was inspired to buy my first truck earlier this year. I was previously a 4Runner owner back in the late 90's while attending UC Berkeley. My wife (girlfriend back then) and I would go camping with friends whenever we had a chance. After graduation, the daily grind, a new house and kids didn't allow us to get away as much as we wanted to (so we thought). Anyways, I am excited to start from the beginning with my Tundra Project and learn from all of you.

1) San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)
2) 2017 Toyota Tundra
3) Novice

Last edited:

Tin Bui

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Pedro
Member #

Hello Everyone. My name is Tin and I have been a viewer of Overland Bound and decided to join this community. I always wanted a 4Runner as a child and finally have one to enable for some adventures. Looking forward to meeting you all and join the community.

1. San Pedro, CA (Los Angeles)
2. 2005 Toyota 4Runner V6 4WD
3. Novice. Some car camping and some mild off roading.

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2009 Jeep Commander Overland with 5.7 HEMI, intergrated lockers, and skid plates
Previous Vehicles: '77 Jeep CJ5, '69 International Scout 800 (with a working 8 Track player!), '84 Jeep CJ7, 1994 Nissan Pathfinder,
'68 Land Rover Series IIA, and my current '09 Jeep Commander
Overland Experience: versed in "vehicle dependent travel"

Hello Everyone! I joined in 2015 when I stumbled upon what Michael was building in this community and now... incredible! I'm really looking forward to spending time and sharing enthusiasm with fellow overlanders.

TundraProject

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Ramon CA
Member #

Hi everyone! New to overlanding and this forum. My family and I are looking forward to exploring the American West in our truck- we enjoy camping, mountain biking, hunting, fishing; generally just getting out and about. We'll also use the truck for a basecamp during soccer tourneys, OCR and adventure races, and other fun weekends. Here's a bit about the truck:
-2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro, cement color
-Leitner rack system

I'll make a post in the "builds" forum if anyone want to check out it out further- other add-ons are a CVT Denali extended summit series tent, a Decked drawer system, a swing-away hitch+bike rack, and more. We are a family of 4 (soon to be 5), with a 100 pound pup; I have been trying to sort out the best way to fit all the gear we want and still have solid off-road capability.

If anyone wants to follow the process, I'll be keeping an Insta diary under my same name, The_General_Enthusiast.

Cheers to you all, and thanks for the inspiration and knowledge! View attachment 19464
Cool. I'd be interested to see your other add-ons.

Reactions: ClarkT

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

Name: Cory
Rig: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport - 4WD
Experience: Novice
Why: Nothing beats being out in the middle of nowhere
What Else: I know my rig isn't 100% yet, but she's getting there. Eventually want something with a little more space (Land Cruiser, etc), but I have zero complaints right now. This thing has gotten me where I need to go so far, and who knows how long it'll go. Cheers!

welcome

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Hi All,

#4656 checking in!

2017 Toyota 4Runner
Overlanding Experience: Zip, zero, zilch! I climbed a hill in a subaru once, does that count?

Camping used to be something I loved doing as a child. I haven't camped since I was a kid and want to get back into it with my wife. She has never tried it, but is open to it. Looking forward to meeting people and learning new skills!

welcome

Reactions: ClarkT

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Hi There,

Great to be here, glad I've finally discovered a place not obsessed with rock crawling and enjoying travelling. I've been busy figuring out where I can get with my stock 2008 4Runner. I've been a few places around Western US. My approach is to carry backpacking style equipment but sleep on the passenger seat. My engine bash plate is telling me I need some kinda lift, so looking for some advice on how much and where to get it done. ... And how do I get a kitchen inside a 4Runner ;-)

Here's a few of the trips I've done...

View attachment 20570 View attachment 20571 View attachment 20572 View attachment 20577 View attachment 20575 View attachment 20576
welcome

Boulder Burt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Granite Falls, WA
Member #

Hi, I am a new member from wet Washington State. I have been off roading (which is now called Overlanding) since the mid 1960's, yes that means I've been around a long, long time. The past sixteen years I have done a good deal of rock crawling also. This past summer I upgraded a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee for my overlanding rig. I would put a picture of my rig in that little box to the left of this post, but I don't know how to do that yet. In the mean time I look forward to meeting and overlanding with other members.

Reactions: ClarkT and Jasonb

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

I'm with you; backpacking style equipment has always been the way to go for me as well. Not only is it light, simple, small to pack but sometimes, I end up in some random area, park the truck and head off into the hills (or everglades, or river valley, etc) for a few days and leave the rig behind.

I have been on most of the parts of the two trips you mapped out. Highway 550 in CO going through Oury is incredible and both routes through BC are amazing. I could have stayed and explored there for years...