Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

Hi, I am a new member from wet Washington State. I have been off roading (which is now called Overlanding) since the mid 1960's, yes that means I've been around a long, long time. The past sixteen years I have done a good deal of rock crawling also. This past summer I upgraded a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee for my overlanding rig. I would put a picture of my rig in that little box to the left of this post, but I don't know how to do that yet. In the mean time I look forward to meeting and overlanding with other members.
Burt, how lucky you are. Granite Falls area is amazing. I lived in Bellingham in the late 90's and my wife and I took every chance we could get (almost every weekend for a year and a half) to explore and get lost on the NEVER ENDING options of forest roads and jaw dropping moments around every turn.

Reactions: justin marsh

Boulder Burt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Granite Falls, WA
Member #

Thanks for your reply Clark. Yes we do have alot of forest trials and opportunities to go exploring here. I really like central Washington, especially Manastash, Naches, and Rimrock Lake areas. But, I enjoy it all, it seems the older I get the more I enjoy it. As you can see I figured out how to get my picture in that little box, maybe this computer thing isn't all that bad, just kidding.

Last edited:

Kirk Smith

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas
Member #

IMG_1762.JPG
Hey everyone, my name is Kirk member number 4232

For more pics check out Lasvegas_overland on instagram

Rig: 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-road
Experience: Novice

I went off-roading for the first time a few months ago and I'm hooked now! Looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Reactions: justin marsh

kiddtrek

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gooood Morning Folks, I am Franco. New to OverlandBound, waiting for my member number. I call New Baltimore, MI home, and drive a 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon, special edition AMP'D and a RAM, that pulls my 34' THOR travel trailer. I have hit Drummond Island trails, and Silver Lake in Michigan. My JKU Squad, and Wolverine Wheelers are heading to "Jeep the Mac" next weekend. Hoping to have over 500 Jeeps cross the Mighty Mac this year.

Attachments

RedRyder

Rank VI

Influencer I

Rathdrum, ID
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Bendel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6MFB
Service Branch
CA State Guard
Hello. Just bought a 2006 Toyota Tacoma double cab SR5 and looking forward to getting into some serious overlanding. Been exploring the wilderness all my life and am looking forward to outfitting my new truck to take me even further. I'm in North Idaho surrounded by forests and mountains. Love to hunt, fish, hike, camp, etc. Anything that gets me outdoors.
Tacoma.jpg

liftedrango

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodbine, GA, USA
First Name
Gabriwl
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

New here to overland Bound. I am from Tulsa Oklahoma and I drive a 2003 Dodge Durango 5.9L with a 4 inch suspension lift on 33's. I am in the process of buying the materials for my SAS. I usally wheel in Disney Oklahoma which is awesome you should look it up on youtube. I am currently waiting on buying my membership. Hope to explore some trails with some of you! I am fairly new to overlanding.

15267677_1246506058771710_8505055114981717317_n.jpg

Chris_Q

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Castro Valley
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Quibote
Member #

Hello everyone. Chris_Q here checking in.

Rig: 05 Nissan Xterra 2wd (not 4x4)
Experience: novice

Occasional camping trips here n there and day trip to national forest. Love mountainbiking and hikes with my wife and kids. Weekend trips to Big Sur and Lake Tahoe. Nothing serious off roading just trail rides in the wilderness. Love beach camping and road trips.

Looking forward to join the overlanding adventures.
Cheers..

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

Hello everyone. Chris_Q here checking in.

Rig: 05 Nissan Xterra 2wd (not 4x4)
Experience: novice

Occasional camping trips here n there and day trip to national forest. Love mountainbiking and hikes with my wife and kids. Weekend trips to Big Sur and Lake Tahoe. Nothing serious off roading just trail rides in the wilderness. Love beach camping and road trips.

Looking forward to join the overlanding adventures.
Cheers..
welcome to the group
I have a 2007 Toyota FJ cruiser TRD
I live in North phoenix
Overlanding expierence: Novice
welcome to the group nice rig
New member here west of Seattle out in Port Orchard. Headed down to Cruise Moab in a couple weeks and looking for some new trails out my way. Always looking for new people to get out into the wild with. We have no kids but like to bring our dog with us.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
welcome to the group
View attachment 20907
This is my 2008 FJ Cruiser on the day I bought her- 100,000 miles later (and a few mods), and now she's "Base Camp" for all my adventures in the States. I look forward to sharing more photos of my additions and journeys! Member#2596
welcome to the group
View attachment 20855
Hey everyone, my name is Kirk member number 4232

For more pics check out Lasvegas_overland on instagram

Rig: 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-road

I went off-roading for the first time a few months ago and I'm hooked now! Looking forward to learning as much as I can.
welcome to the group
Thanks for allowing me in! Member 4146.

Rig: '04 Chevy Avalanche pulling a '16 Moby 1 trailer

Can't wait to read more on the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
welcome to the group

liftedrango

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodbine, GA, USA
First Name
Gabriwl
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

New member here west of Seattle out in Port Orchard. Headed down to Cruise Moab in a couple weeks and looking for some new trails out my way. Always looking for new people to get out into the wild with. We have no kids but like to bring our dog with us.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
nice rig.

Reactions: ClarkT

TDAWG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pawtucket, RI/ Fort Lauderdale, FL/ Alta, Utah
First Name
TDawg
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

I stumbled onto here through binge watching the Overland Bound Channel on you tube.
My name is Tony but since I was a kid my dad called me TDAWG so everyone else does and only my mom calls me Tony. lol I've 4Wheeling, hunting & camping. I never really noticed or realized that when you go wheeling through different states it's considered overland travel. My experience I would say novice because from watching Michael on the Overland Bound Channel there are many things to learn.
I drive a 1995 Chevy Tahoe have done a little basic mods but I'm finding out that they were more for looks than function. this a picture of the before after I bought it.IMG_0880.JPGIMG_1251.JPGthis is after I added the Baja Bar with 3 H.I.D lights, I had to customize a kit to mount those step rails, the roof rack is custom as well because I couldn't really find one I liked. but I am finding out the hard way that there isn't much out there for a 95 Chevy Tahoe. So I'm making everything slowly but surely.

Last edited: