Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

Rig: 2WD VW Vanagon 1990, Westfalia-Weekender
Experience: enough to understand when I have to turn around
Why: we love the outdoors and we need to get out there to stay sane :-)welcome
What else: We are a family of 4 (parents, a toddler and a baby). We bought a 2WD Westfalia about 3 years ago, and since then evolved to BLM land lovers. We have some extra clearance and all terrain tires so we can explore some of the "easy" dirt roads in the national forests/parks. Our setup is super efficient, but we don't compromise on good food, good beer and good wine.

View attachment 20435 View attachment 20436 View attachment 20437
welcome

Reactions: nudavinci64

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Hi Everybody!

Just officially joined OB, have been watching the videos and checking out the forums for a while and really enjoy the walk-arounds and information. I've been off-roading for years and have recently starting moving more into the overlanding area from the rock crawling / trailing crowd. Still love the crawling but it's nice to setup a camp and hang out with friends out away from the hustle and bustle.

I have a 2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon that's setup pretty good for most everything offroad and now I'm starting to add more overland specific gear. Got a Terraflex Nebo roof rack ready to install and a custom drawer system on the horizon.

I live and work in Ridgecrest, CA so I have ready access to a huge area for offroad recreation. If anybody's in the area give us a shout and see if we're available to get together.

I'd post up some pics but I'm at work and don't have access at this time so it'll have to wait till later. Just wanted to say hello.
welcome

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Howdy fellas..

Figured I might as well round out the community and join up here at overland bound!! #4637

I've been around on expedition portal for about 8 years now...couple of builds..and now I've got a self made Flip-Back on a ram 1500 ECODIESEL and the family and I are always out on some adventure trying to play more than we work!

I've also opened Midwest Overland Training as an educational resource here in the Midwest as we seem to be on our own for skills learning..

Here's to you folks!! See you out there!!

Old tent top
]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
welcome

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello from Spanish Fork, Utah (an hour south of Salt Lake City)

Current vehicle: 89 Range Rover
Last Vehicle: 95 Disco
Son's Vehicle: 03 Disco

What can I say... Get your kids addicted to Land Rovers and they can't afford to be addicted to drugs!

Just got back from a 3 day trip on the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands National Park (I would highly recommend this!!)

View attachment 20406
View attachment 20407
View attachment 20408
Welcome! That's an amazing rover!!! So nice. Sorry I am catching up. [emoji1303]

Out_and_Back_Again

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Moscow, ID
First Name
Geoffrey
Last Name
Brown
Hello OB world! I have been following the group on social media for a while now. I'm glad to start my relationship with a group that has great principles and interests.

Rig (for now): 93 Chevy Suburban. Gifted from my in-laws that wanted to junk it. It has around 210k miles on it , but some more life to her.
2nd rig: 2011 Subaru Outback. Daily driver, but gets me into the woods pretty often for some fishing and hunting.
Desired rig: Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Long bed.

Rictor

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mililani, HI, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Rictor
Member #

Hello Everyone,

My name is Phil, my wife is Yuhi.

Rig: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock

Bio: I'm new to off road vehicles. I've always wanted one but I also love cars. My wife and I love camping. I grew up in the PNW and have camped all my life. We spent 8 years camping all over Europe while I was stationed in Germany. We have always enjoyed the overlanding lifestyle. Now that we are back in Oregon (for now!) we figured it would be a nice to meet others that love traveling as much as we do. We are looking forward to meeting others in this great group. Cheers!

avocado1

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Silverdale, Washington
Member #

Welcome to the Great Pacific Northwet! Lots of great places to see around here. This time of year we spend time at Tahyua State Forest just south of you in Belfair. If you don't mind hanging with a bunch of Jeeps your welcome to meet up with us next time we are going.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hell yeah I'd love to! Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

snozberries

Rank 0

Traveler I

Martinez, CA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Maxon
Name: Cory
Rig: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport - 4WD
Experience: Novice
Why: Nothing beats being out in the middle of nowhere
What Else: I know my rig isn't 100% yet, but she's getting there. Eventually want something with a little more space (Land Cruiser, etc), but I have zero complaints right now. This thing has gotten me where I need to go so far, and who knows how long it'll go. Cheers!

Davidoff

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Glendora, CA
Member #

Hi All,

#4656 checking in!

2017 Toyota 4Runner
Overlanding Experience: Zip, zero, zilch! I climbed a hill in a subaru once, does that count?

Camping used to be something I loved doing as a child. I haven't camped since I was a kid and want to get back into it with my wife. She has never tried it, but is open to it. Looking forward to meeting people and learning new skills!

Loki816

Rank 0

Traveler I

Kansas City, MO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
L.
Names Loki.. well that's what I go by. Live in Colorado Springs Co. I just purchased yesterday a 1996 4runner Limited with the factory Rear diff Locker option. Pretty new to overlanding and offroading in general. Used to own a 99 4runner SR5.. but the wife traded it in for a BMW lol. Looking forward to learning and getting out there on the backroads! Sorry about the pic. Only one I really have for now.

Attachments

DaveC

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Cattell
Member #

Hi There,

Great to be here, glad I've finally discovered a place not obsessed with rock crawling and enjoying travelling. I've been busy figuring out where I can get with my stock 2008 4Runner. I've been a few places around Western US. My approach is to carry backpacking style equipment but sleep on the passenger seat. My engine bash plate is telling me I need some kinda lift, so looking for some advice on how much and where to get it done. ... And how do I get a kitchen inside a 4Runner ;-)

Here's a few of the trips I've done...

SF2Ouray2012.jpg SF2Deadhorsev2.jpg White Rim Road Nov 2012.jpg WhiteRimCampsite.jpg FreeCamp_DSC9300.jpg BikeRackTable_DSC9303 - Version 2.jpg

Attachments

Spiko007

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Redondo Beach, CA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Service Branch
Army
001.JPG Hi everyone! I'm Rod Evans from Redondo Beach, CA. Just bought a 2017 Rubicon a week and a half ago and had a little work done to it. Now, looking to get a roof rack and roof top tent. My wife had never been camping before, so this last summer I rented an RV and took her to Yosemite, Mammoth and Sequoia. Took her in an RV again, to Mammoth, for Thanksgiving. She has totally become a nature freak, and after seeing folks with rooftop tents in Mammoth, allowed me to build a vehicle around a tent! She has even asked me if I need more accessories to finish the build.

Hmmm, what more could I possibly buy?

Last edited:

Justcozz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alabama
Member #

Hi there!

Our names are Tony and Courtney and we are currently living in the SouthEast. I've been an explorer most of my adult life and just love getting outside and finding cool places to visit or adventures to have. I never really put a name to my vehicle fun but Overlanding sounds like it fits pretty well.

Our main vehicles right now are a 2011 Ford Raptor, 2016 Trail Premium 4 runner, and a 2017 Tacoma. The 4Runner and Tacoma are still stock for now, but who knows how long that will last. I'm not a big vehicle guy and have had many adventures with rental cars in my travels that I would not attempt in something I own. I learned long ago that skill will overcome mods most of the time. I like the challenge of finding cool places and seeing cool things, without the hangups of vehicle competition.

Attachments