Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Well, How do I start this.
I started into this with an idea. I didn't know it was a "thing". I am a Truck Driver and I just get aggravated beyond words and was looking for a way to get away instead of hiding in my house when Im not working.
So I started checking on trucks, I thought about old Broncos, Blazers, P/Us, Scouts (still REALLY want one of those) and Toyota 4runners and Tacos. Settled on the taco. Long story to go with this, maybe Ill tell it at some point, but here it is.

2017 Tacoma TRD OR DCLB. LOVE this truck.
Currently it is stock, but it has really been impressive.
I have 5150s ready to go on, just waiting for the Dakars to come in. Supposed to be here sometime this week. Also coming this week is a CVT RTT. I have custom bed bars being made. So soon, very soon, it will be ready for some overnight testing to be done. Im getting it ready for a trip up the PCH the first week of July.
We don't get in any kind of hurry when we are out, so we are just planning on getting as far up as we can. Planning on starting around the LA area. We used to live in SoCal a long time ago, and we've already seen between LA and the border.
So, lets see. What else am I supposed to tell you.
My Name is Tim, my wife is Lynette, and we live in Central Arizona.
Welcome fellow Arizonian

Reactions: Arizona Overland

Traveler I

Hello from Spanish Fork, Utah (an hour south of Salt Lake City)

Current vehicle: 89 Range Rover
Last Vehicle: 95 Disco
Son's Vehicle: 03 Disco

What can I say... Get your kids addicted to Land Rovers and they can't afford to be addicted to drugs!

Just got back from a 3 day trip on the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands National Park (I would highly recommend this!!)

View attachment 20406
View attachment 20407
View attachment 20408
What size tires are you running on your rover? I like the tall skinny look.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Gio Sabatino

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
[/QUOTE
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Rig: 2003 Nissan Xterra XE
I'm a novice. However, my friends and I have always loved exploring on our bikes. Now that we can drive we have expanded our exploration and are no longer limited. This seems like a great community and I am excited to be involved!

Attachments

macr88

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

Emmett, ID, USA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Raslan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TLH or GMRS WRBM678
Service Branch
Sweet District II
Rig: 2016 Chevy Colorado Diesel
I've always enjoyed exploring, I'd constantly take my scirocco to places it probably shouldn't have gone. My first 4 wheel drive vehicle was a Sequoia, I wish I would've gotten the land cruiser instead but oh well. The Colorado gets the job done nicely for my needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

Rig: 2016 Chevy Colorado Diesel
I've always enjoyed exploring, I'd constantly take my scirocco to places it probably shouldn't have gone. My first 4 wheel drive vehicle was a Sequoia, I wish I would've gotten the land cruiser instead but oh well. The Colorado gets the job done nicely for my needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
welcome

Reactions: macr88

justin marsh

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

Mitchell checking in here!

1) Here's my last good pic before my truck was involved in a pileup on the highway:
View attachment 20362

2) Located in Monument, CO! (30min north of Colorado Springs, 45min south of Denver)

3) 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 Access Cab V6 6MT
A brief history: My truck has remained mostly stock with a couple minor upgrades since I bought it in July of 2015. It was my first vehicle I bought right before I started college. As a commuter, I put on about 15k miles on per year solely due to commuting. Fast forward to early February 2017 and I was involved in a pileup on the highway. Thankfully my truck only took cosmetic damage, but it has been at the shop for the last 2 months due to wait time, and I should get it back any day now. While it has been out of duty I've been picking up all of my truck/overland gear. Here's a brief list of mods that have been done or are awaiting the return of my truck:

Pelfreybilt Front Bumper (Installed instead of stock bumper after accident)
RCI Skids and Sliders
King Suspension w/ Dakar leaf packs (Awaiting install)
Tepui Kukenam RTT (Ordered)
KB Voodoo Bed Bars
HID Headlights (Instead of OEM replacement after accident)
Maxtrax
Many other odds and ends (Build is on Tacoma World under same username or on Instagram @socotacoma

4) Overlanding Experience: Well, none. I am excited and motivated to learn and get out there!
welcome