Gaingreane

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kansas City, Mo.
Member #

Taylor here from Dallas texas.

Rig: 2015 4runner with lots of extras

Experience I've been camping since a very young age, I enjoy anything adventurous. I rock climb 5 days a week, I MTN bike, kayaking and currently working on my pilots license. Next I want to learn how to sail and scub a dive. Lol

I currently just installed a mount system for a tablet in the runner, I want to hear yalls ideas on off the grid mapping and tracking. I also just purchased a bad elf pro as well for my gps connection. So any advice is welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Welcome. This is one hell of a set-up you got going on.

Gaingreane

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kansas City, Mo.
Member #

Hello All,

Rig: (of sorts) stock 2009 Ford F-250 SuperCab 4x4
Only modification are the winch and the gooseneck hitch for the horse trailer.
Experience: Lots of camping and hiking, but very little off-road experience. Until now, I've been spending my money on photo equip and camping supplies. I guess that's all about to change now.

~Bill
Welcome. Just think, with the photo equip and the camping gear, you are set-up to post some awesome pictures for us ;)

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

Mitchell checking in here!

1) Here's my last good pic before my truck was involved in a pileup on the highway:
IMG_8701.JPG

2) Located in Monument, CO! (30min north of Colorado Springs, 45min south of Denver)

3) 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 Access Cab V6 6MT
A brief history: My truck has remained mostly stock with a couple minor upgrades since I bought it in July of 2015. It was my first vehicle I bought right before I started college. As a commuter, I put on about 15k miles on per year solely due to commuting. Fast forward to early February 2017 and I was involved in a pileup on the highway. Thankfully my truck only took cosmetic damage, but it has been at the shop for the last 2 months due to wait time, and I should get it back any day now. While it has been out of duty I've been picking up all of my truck/overland gear. Here's a brief list of mods that have been done or are awaiting the return of my truck:

Pelfreybilt Front Bumper (Installed instead of stock bumper after accident)
RCI Skids and Sliders
King Suspension w/ Dakar leaf packs (Awaiting install)
Tepui Kukenam RTT (Ordered)
KB Voodoo Bed Bars
HID Headlights (Instead of OEM replacement after accident)
Maxtrax
Many other odds and ends (Build is on Tacoma World under same username or on Instagram @socotacoma

4) Overlanding Experience: Well, none. I am excited and motivated to learn and get out there!

themickeyd

Rank 0

Traveler I

South Puget Sound-Tacoma Washington

Rigs-2015 Ford F-250 Crew Cab (Big Red)
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ (Lil Red)

Started overlanding in my '82 Subaru hatchback and travelled most of Alaska and the Yukon. But over the last 28 years my travels have been based out of Western Washington. Just picked up a 1992 Jeep XJ that I am building up to be my main trail rig.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
HI everyone...I am Mike from Oklahoma. I am retired from the Navy and looking forward to new adventures. I am new to Overlanding, did plenty of camping and hiking in 20 year military career LOL. I traded in my BOSS 302 for a 2016 Trail 4runner and have a build list going. I like the idea of outfitting a rig and traveling and think the wife and I could really enjoy this while traveling the United States.

The B.A.D

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey All my name is Rob, I live in Murrieta CA, I'm driving a 2003 Chevy Avalanche and I have no Overland Experience BUT I was a Marine for 12 years and as an assault amphibious repair man we practiced a bunch of recovery and field rigging to limp vehicles home.

My Avalanche is the first WORKING...(Kinda) 4x4 I've ever owned. My wife hates her but I think she's unique so...Hi Everyone!avy.jpg

fpdavis3

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hello from Spanish Fork, Utah (an hour south of Salt Lake City)

Current vehicle: 89 Range Rover
Last Vehicle: 95 Disco
Son's Vehicle: 03 Disco

What can I say... Get your kids addicted to Land Rovers and they can't afford to be addicted to drugs!

Just got back from a 3 day trip on the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands National Park (I would highly recommend this!!)

89 Rangie.jpg
89 Rangie 2.jpg
13686900_1345051962191141_385128939_n.jpg

coreyinfo

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello from Spanish Fork, Utah (an hour south of Salt Lake City)

Current vehicle: 89 Range Rover
Last Vehicle: 95 Disco
Son's Vehicle: 03 Disco

What can I say... Get your kids addicted to Land Rovers and they can't afford to be addicted to drugs!

Just got back from a 3 day trip on the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands National Park (I would highly recommend this!!)

View attachment 20406
View attachment 20407
View attachment 20408
Welcome! Great to see more LRs and Utahns. We recently finished a Canyonlands trip to the Dollhouse in the Maze District. That area is over landing at it's best.