Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

RB55555

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Bay, CA
Member #

Hi all, super glad to be a members. Thought this is the perfect place to experience overlanding and spend time with my 4 year old son and introduce him to nature even though it's "Bigfoot hunting to him" but whatever it takes. If the overlanding community is anything like the mtb community I am super excited.

Experience...Novice just starting out.

Location...East Bay, CA20170311_145303.jpg

Rig... 2016 TRD Trail 4Runner w/KDSS (started its life as a stock Trail)
3" Toytech lift, 285 BFG, Baja Rack, TRD wheels

ToddRoll

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

West Olive, Michigan
Member #

IMG_5742.JPG Howdy all from the West side of Michigan.
Have 1997 Jeep TJ well equipped weekend trail rig. Starting to build out a 2002 Suburban for longer expeditions. Planning/Dreamingof taking a long trip from Michigan to Alaska.

Member of:
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Two Trackers 4Wd Club
Now Overlandbound

Cheers ToddRoll

ChaseIt

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Sacramento
Member #

Hi all, super glad to be a members. Thought this is the perfect place to experience overlanding and spend time with my 4 year old son and introduce him to nature even though it's "Bigfoot hunting to him" but whatever it takes. If the overlanding community is anything like the mtb community I am super excited.

Location...East Bay, CAView attachment 19974

Welcome. Nice Looking Rig!

ChaseIt

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Sacramento
Member #

When I was younger lifted trucks were cool but the idea of being able to get or go anywhere and be ready for anything has me hooked on Overlanding. Looking forward to many adventures to come.

Finally gave the rig a wash and wax to clean up some desert pin striping so you all get the cleanest I have ever seen the truck since she came home on day 1.

View attachment 19839 View attachment 19840

A few pictures of our trip down near Joshua Tree, CA in the park and some BLM land.

View attachment 19841View attachment 19846View attachment 19849 View attachment 19850

2) San Mateo, CA
3) 2013 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 DCSB, MGM
4) Novice in terms of overlanding. Lifelong explorer.

Feel free to check out my bike thread I have posted on TW.
Nice Taco! Those Are My Favorite Wheels.

ChaseIt

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Sacramento
Member #

Greetings Overland Community,

So it was time to finally introduce myself...it was overdue.

1) I'll try to post one...
2) Sacramento CA
3) 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
4) Desk savy overlander...we'll see how the real overlanding goes once we hit the road....LOL.

So the bug has bit me and now its time to slowly build the rig. Below pic is of our first official trip in the Jeep to Virginia City to do a little exploring and we loved it. Now we look forward to a lot more. Its awesome to see how much more you enjoy taking trips when you have the right gear and adding the Overland Bound Community to the mix has already payed off. Looking forward to meeting some of you along the journey!
Welcome to OB! I hope to see you at the Wednesday night Sacramento meet ups. Looks like a nice rig.

Randy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakley, CA
Member #

Location...East Bay, CAView attachment 19974

Welcome from a fellow East Bay outlander!

Sent from my VS985 4G using OB Talk mobile app

Fatguyinalittlejeep

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Avondale, AZ
Member #

Newly joined the forums and became a member. OB4330

Rig: 2016 JKU Rubicon - mostly stock but quickly building.
Experience: somewhere between rookie and starting to get the hang of it. Smart enough to know I have a world to learn.

I've been watching the OB community grow for the last year. I really appreciate the strong community foundation that has been formed. I look forward to meeting and exploring with other OB members!

ManitobaOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Manitoba
Greetings all, from Manitoba, Canada.

I've been at this for a couple of years again, after a 15 year hiatus. I grew up "off-roading" and riding motorcycles, and eventually moved to the city. While I kept exploring the back roads and car camping, the decision to go further off road again is a relatively new one.

Had an Isuzu trooper on Michelin XZL 8.50r16s for awhile, but always wanted a land cruiser. The opportunity to buy an FJ80 came up, and I jumped at it.

Johnnys Trip

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Member #

View attachment 19975 Howdy all from the West side of Michigan.
Have 1997 Jeep TJ well equipped weekend trail rig. Starting to build out a 2002 Suburban for longer expeditions. Planning/Dreamingof taking a long trip from Michigan to Alaska.

Member of:
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Two Trackers 4Wd Club
Now Overlandbound

Cheers ToddRoll
Hey ToddRoll, Im a Chevy guy myself and can't wait to see what you do to the Suburban.
Cheers, Johnnys Trip

Utilityman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque NM
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Raether
Member #

Hello, I've always been an overlander by mountain bike and have always driven 4x4s and camped so I thought it would be a good idea to dab into overlanding.
I'm interested in 1-3 day weekend warrior trips around the Southwest for starters.

I picked up this lil gem a few months ago from the original owners and put an OME 881/890 and a few other maintenance goodies to make it mildly trail worthy.

Messin around at Cerdro before the OME lift.

Last edited:

freelance

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi everyone. My name is Eric and I'm a real newby. I recently bought a 2008 Land Rover LR2. I also have a rust bucket 2003 4Runner. I have been a cruising sailor for years and am now ready to do the Land equivalent . I live in Midcoast Maine.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Jose