Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Greetings all, from Manitoba, Canada.

I've been at this for a couple of years again, after a 15 year hiatus. I grew up "off-roading" and riding motorcycles, and eventually moved to the city. While I kept exploring the back roads and car camping, the decision to go further off road again is a relatively new one.

Had an Isuzu trooper on Michelin XZL 8.50r16s for awhile, but always wanted a land cruiser. The opportunity to buy an FJ80 came up, and I jumped at it.

Welcome to Overland Bound!
:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Reactions: ManitobaOverland

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Nice rig. Probably one of the more roomy rigs out there ;)

Great name too by the way lol

John

Hello everyone:

I recently joined, and this is my first post,

Badge #2064

2016 MB Sprinter 4x4

Live in Portland, Oregon area.

Moderate off roading experience

Use rig predominately to camp and fish.

Next road trip to MT in June.

Reactions: John Davis

Freddy Ramos

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Costa Mesa, Ca
Member #

Hello from Costa Mesa, CA
Name is Freddy #4567
Rig: 2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Me: I'm a novice to overlanding but being around camping, backpacking and the love of outdoors I've been having a blast of what I've learned from overlanding. That said I hope to learn and meet people that are willing to share a bit of knowledge around my area.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bill S

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Castro Valley, CA
Member #

Hello All,

Rig: (of sorts) stock 2009 Ford F-250 SuperCab 4x4
Only modification are the winch and the gooseneck hitch for the horse trailer.
Experience: Lots of camping and hiking, but very little off-road experience. Until now, I've been spending my money on photo equip and camping supplies. I guess that's all about to change now.

~Bill

KG FJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cranbrook, BC
Member #

13532878_10208582410771290_7509670914240522102_n.jpg Creek Crossing.jpg FJ and Echo.jpg River bank.jpg IMG_2426.JPG IMG_2427.JPG

Hi Everyone;
New to the Overland Bound group, member# 4073, Cranbrook, BC, Canada, Novice Overlander.

Tow rig is a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser with many mods (ongoing project since new),
Trailer is a 2014 Echo 4 made in S. Africa, another on-going project in customization!

And we'll be heading to the NW Overland Rally again this year, last year was a blast!

Attachments

wrestlingnrj

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orange County, CA
Member #

Rig: Stock 01 Jeep Cherokee XJ Classic (2WD) with many plans to upgrade and routinely use family member's 74 steyr-puch Pinzgauer 710.
Experience: Offroading since birth (Jeeps, Buggies, Dirt Bikes) and just now getting into overlanding.

Reactions: Freddy Ramos

XL.Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Phelan CA
First Name
Jarrod
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Rig: 2010 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 4x4 with the TRD Off Road Package... Have big plans for it coming within the next few months for our first family overlanding adventure.

Experience: Off Road- Intermediate
Overlanding- Novice

tool_man_taylor

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Dallas
Member #

Taylor here from Dallas texas.

Rig: 2015 4runner with lots of extras

Experience I've been camping since a very young age, I enjoy anything adventurous. I rock climb 5 days a week, I MTN bike, kayaking and currently working on my pilots license. Next I want to learn how to sail and scub a dive. Lol

I currently just installed a mount system for a tablet in the runner, I want to hear yalls ideas on off the grid mapping and tracking. I also just purchased a bad elf pro as well for my gps connection. So any advice is welcome.

Arizona Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Cottonwood, Arizona
Member #

Well, How do I start this.
I started into this with an idea. I didn't know it was a "thing". I am a Truck Driver and I just get aggravated beyond words and was looking for a way to get away instead of hiding in my house when Im not working.
So I started checking on trucks, I thought about old Broncos, Blazers, P/Us, Scouts (still REALLY want one of those) and Toyota 4runners and Tacos. Settled on the taco. Long story to go with this, maybe Ill tell it at some point, but here it is.

2017 Tacoma TRD OR DCLB. LOVE this truck.
Currently it is stock, but it has really been impressive.
I have 5150s ready to go on, just waiting for the Dakars to come in. Supposed to be here sometime this week. Also coming this week is a CVT RTT. I have custom bed bars being made. So soon, very soon, it will be ready for some overnight testing to be done. Im getting it ready for a trip up the PCH the first week of July.
We don't get in any kind of hurry when we are out, so we are just planning on getting as far up as we can. Planning on starting around the LA area. We used to live in SoCal a long time ago, and we've already seen between LA and the border.
So, lets see. What else am I supposed to tell you.
My Name is Tim, my wife is Lynette, and we live in Central Arizona.

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

Taylor here from Dallas texas.

Rig: 2015 4runner with lots of extras

Experience I've been camping since a very young age, I enjoy anything adventurous. I rock climb 5 days a week, I MTN bike, kayaking and currently working on my pilots license. Next I want to learn how to sail and scub a dive. Lol

I currently just installed a mount system for a tablet in the runner, I want to hear yalls ideas on off the grid mapping and tracking. I also just purchased a bad elf pro as well for my gps connection. So any advice is welcome.

I use LeadNav. It's basically Google earth with the ability to lock in a certain area while offline. You can program a route before driving it. Or you can track a current route and save it for later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gaingreane

NMhyoti

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Hey all! Ari here from San Antonio checking in for the first time.

Rig: 2014 4Runner with some goodies

Camping has been my forte for a while now and I have slowly (budget restricted) been building my rig up for a couple years now. I started with what I believe are the good foundational components to get me safely to and from my destinations, but I haven't put it to the test yet. I am getting more confident in the ability to handle the unk unks on a given trip, here by summertime. I look forward to gaining a breadth of knowledge from this community and I hope you all have a great day!