Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Trailguy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Colinas
Member #

Hi everyone! My name is Brooke and I'm in Ohio. Ordered my membership badge and should be here any day. As of today, I have a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro. I ordered it back in November of 2016, and it's finally here! My brother is JKU Overlander so give him a follow. (we're TRD_JKU_Overland on Instagram) We're looking forward to hitting up some trails so we were happy to find OB. I love that it doesn't matter what you drive! Looking forward to learning some new skills, checking out new areas, and... of course CAMPING!View attachment 18805
Nice rig and love the color! Cheers!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Thanks! It's a work in progress, I have a hand full of mods lined up in the next few months.
Rear bumper with swing away is next, dual battery system after that.
Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Welcome! You will find lots of Subaru support here. My sister in law recently bought a Crosstrek and she is going to start modifying it a bit this coming spring.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello everyone!
Fellow Overlander from California! However, I had bought my rig ('08 Fj Cruiser) when living in Oregon, did a good amount of exploring there, and Washington but right before I moved back down to CA I was able to go on a 5 day, 550+ mile overland trip through Southern and Central British Columbia, Canada. I must say, that was the most amazing scenery I've ever seen. Now here I am in the concrete jungles of Southern California, trying to get my adventure fix as often as I can.
Here are some photos, and a link to my Canada trip video.
View attachment 19033
View attachment 19034
View attachment 19035View attachment 19036
View attachment 19037
Link to Canadian Expedition video!
Hope to see some of you on the trails someday!
Welcome! Wow, these are some great photos and video. Thanks so much for sharing! Love your FJ.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

thought I'd say Hello....
1. Chicago IL, or general area
2. 1988 Suzuki Samurai soft top (work in progress at the moment)
3. somewhere between novice and amateur? working on making it a more regular lifestyle....
Welcome! I love those little Samurais, they go through anything.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

NorCalTRD

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello,

My name is Ian. I have spent many years of my life traveling by road. Growing up in the Pacific Northwest, my family and I would take trips that cross the United States, and even up into Canada a few times. I now live in Sacramento, Ca and can't wait to experience similar trips with my fiance and the family we plan to build.

In late 2004 I purchased my dream vehicle, a 2004 Tacoma. I purchased it from a fellow who decided that after he put 5,000 miles on it, he wanted a full size. Sounded reasonable to me, I offer to buy it as long as he didn't change the oil on it (I wanted to be the first and only person to change it's oil). Many years later, she still runs strong getting me out of any place I've taken her too. In my younger years with my Tacoma I built it for speed and playing in the sand. However, since I miss the road and the travels that I've had, I am shifting my attention to building my truck for longer and longer trips on less and less pavement traveled.

I have put more blood, sweat, and tears into my truck than I can count. A whole list of things I done over the past 12 years. Everything I have done to my Tacoma, I have done in my own garage with the help of some of my best friends.

Current projects are:
Weld together CBI Off-Road DIY front bumper then powder coat
Weld on CBI Sliders
Add Warn Winch
Install Sierra LED rock lights
Re-gear to 4.56
Build bed organizer
Duel battery setup
On board Air
Tune CB Radio

And many more things I wish i have won the lotto to do and install today. ;-)

Plans to make trips up into the Sierras this summer, to get away from the valley heat and to enjoy time outdoors.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to possibly meeting some of you out on the trail!
IMG_0016.JPG

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello,
My name is Ian. I have spent many years of my life traveling by road. Growing up in the Pacific Northwest, my family and I would take trips that cross the United States, and even up into Canada a few times. I now live in Sacramento, Ca and can't wait to experience similar trips with my fiance and the family we plan to build.
In late 2004 I purchased my dream vehicle, a 2004 Tacoma. I purchased it from a fellow who decided that after he put 5,000 miles on it, he wanted a full size. Sounded reasonable to me, I offer to buy it as long as he didn't change the oil on it (I wanted to be the first and only person to change it's oil). Many years later, she still runs strong getting me out of any place I've taken her too. In my younger years with my Tacoma I built it for speed and playing in the sand. However, since I miss the road and the travels that I've had, I am shifting my attention to building my truck for longer and longer trips on less and less pavement traveled.
I have put more blood, sweat, and tears into my truck than I can count. A whole list of things I done over the past 12 years. Everything I have done to my Tacoma, I have done in my own garage with the help of some of my best friends.
Current projects are:
Weld together CBI Off-Road DIY front bumper then powder coat
Weld on CBI Sliders
Add Warn Winch
Install Sierra LED rock lights
Re-gear to 4.56
Build bed organizer
Duel battery setup
On board Air
Tune CB Radio
And many more things I wish i have won the lotto to do and install today. ;-)
Plans to make trips up into the Sierras this summer, to get away from the valley heat and to enjoy time outdoors.
Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to possibly meeting some of you out on the trail!
View attachment 19116
Welcome! That's a great looking Tacoma..