Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

nldoyle1990

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hi, How did your trip go. Drove by from highway 120 because of snow conditions in Yosemite.
Went through the Sonora pass a week before the snow started coming in. It was gorgeous! We came back through the day before the rain and snow passed through on our return trip.

Reactions: SLO Rob

Offroad Touring

Rank III

Advocate II

G'day,

I'm Richard and I'm from Australia. I thought I'd join up and check out what you guys get up to in the US.

I drive a Nissan Patrol Turbo diesel which I'll post up some images of when I get a chance.

1) Location, Australaia
2) Rig, 2007 Nissan Patrol Turbo Diesel

We travel to places everywhere from the Victoria High Country to the Outback.

Cheers
Rich

Last edited:

mrgeep

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Winston Salem, NC
Member #

Thought I would give my intro quick.
Rig - 2008 Jeep JKU
Mods - Kargomaster Congo Cage and Safari Rack, 3" Full Traction Suspension lift, Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 315.75.R16s, Warn 8274 winch on a Warn stubby front bumper, PSC rear bumper and rock rails, JW Speaker headlights (newest addition and totally worth it). Probably some others I'm forgetting.
Home base - Winston Salem, NC currently but the Northeast is really home to me.
I've got 2 boys (3 and almost 1), my wife, and a handful (too many) large furry housemates that take up my couch space. I am a vet, so it comes with the territory. Not a whole lot of experience overlanding yet, but lots of previous outdoorsy stuff.
Anybody else in the NC area feel free to reach out!

Reactions: SLO Rob and murps

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

Vehicle: '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Experience: Somewhere between "wanta be" and "wanta do". We did lots of camping in the 18th century style, almost ten years worth, and enjoyed the heck out of it but never got too serious about it. A few years ago we started taking road trips, 200 to 300 miles in a day on back roads only, get away for the day and go see something new. One day I ran across the Overland Journal and learned about Overlanding. Wow, what a concept. Our first experience in Overlanding was a two week trip we did last July, 2,882 miles up the Appalachian Mountains from Dahlonega, Georgia, to Gettysburg then down the coast to Charleston. We did 12 National Parks, 9 National Forest, and got to do some hiking on the Appalachian Trail.
Why Overlanding: Exploring. It's about taking the road less traveled, seeing something new, and pushing our comfort zone, regardless if there is a road or not. To us Overlanding is like Car Camping in the 1920's.

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

G'day,

I'm Richard and I'm from Australia. I thought I'd join up and check out what you guys get up to in the US.

I drive a Nissan Patrol Turbo diesel which I'll post up some images of when I get a chance.

1) Location, Australaia
2) Rig, 2007 Nissan Patrol Turbo Diesel

We travel to places everywhere from the Victoria High Country to the Outback.

Cheers
Rich
Welcome aboard!

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Thought I would give my intro quick.
Rig - 2008 Jeep JKU
Mods - Kargomaster Congo Cage and Safari Rack, 3" Full Traction Suspension lift, Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 315.75.R16s, Warn 8274 winch on a Warn stubby front bumper, PSC rear bumper and rock rails, JW Speaker headlights (newest addition and totally worth it). Probably some others I'm forgetting.
Home base - Winston Salem, NC currently but the Northeast is really home to me.
I've got 2 boys (3 and almost 1), my wife, and a handful (too many) large furry housemates that take up my couch space. I am a vet, so it comes with the territory. Not a whole lot of experience overlanding yet, but lots of previous outdoorsy stuff.
Anybody else in the NC area feel free to reach out!
Welcome aboard!

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Vehicle: '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Experience: Somewhere between "wanta be" and "wanta do". We did lots of camping in the 18th century style, almost ten years worth, and enjoyed the heck out of it but never got too serious about it. A few years ago we started taking road trips, 200 to 300 miles in a day on back roads only, get away for the day and go see something new. One day I ran across the Overland Journal and learned about Overlanding. Wow, what a concept. Our first experience in Overlanding was a two week trip we did last July, 2,882 miles up the Appalachian Mountains from Dahlonega, Georgia, to Gettysburg then down the coast to Charleston. We did 12 National Parks, 9 National Forest, and got to do some hiking on the Appalachian Trail.
Why Overlanding: Exploring. It's about taking the road less traveled, seeing something new, and pushing our comfort zone, regardless if there is a road or not. To us Overlanding is like Car Camping in the 1920's.
Welcome aboard!

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Hello, my name is Karol, I currently live in Brick NJ and drive '14 T4R trail, my previous vehicle was '07 Fj cruiser. I got in to off-roading/over landing scene few years ago and never looked back.
Oh man that 4Runner is awesome! @Lipek

Reactions: Lipek

Tim N Michele Davis

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hartselle Al
Member #

Vehicle: 1995 Toyota Landcruiser
Experience: We have been serious day hikers for a while, but never really thought about camping. But as our exploring addiction as progress we find we must travel now to find our new adventures, which means a overnight stay. So since I like to play with woodworking tools I built a sleeping platform in back and got a tent that attaches to the back hatch and we are getting ready to explore!IMG_2390.JPG

ocpd8518

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port St Lucie Fl
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Skalkeas
Member #

Afternoon everyone,
My name is Tom or by my nickname of Platapus,
I am currently staying in Port St Lucie Fl.
I have a 2009 JKUR, mostly stock except for spring bumps and 31" BFG's
I grew up in the DC metro area and have been camping, overlanding on and off since I was 17. Have spent time in Greenridge state Forest, GW Natl forest, DelMarVa and Outerbanks beach running and I try to find somewhere new everywhere I go. Allready signed up for Expo West and hoping to run some trails while I'm out there for that.

Not all that wander are lost.......

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

-Byron Eby
-2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
-Explored the Sierras for quite some time now participating in fly fishing, camping, and hiking. However, never had the vehicle to do true overlanding until this summer. I am ready to find the "secret spots" now.

Reactions: SLO Rob

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

@ocpd8518 My wife (@MamaBear) and I love the Outerbanks! That's where we spent our honeymoon. Our goal is to get back east some day and drive up north of Duck.
We will see you at Expo West. Feel free to chime in on our thread here: Overland Expo West We will be having an OB member gathering at some point, so looking forward to meeting you.

@Byron Eby Welcome to the community! Good to see the 4Runner numbers grow ;)

ocpd8518

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port St Lucie Fl
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Skalkeas
Member #

@ocpd8518 My wife (@MamaBear) and I love the Outerbanks! That's where we spent our honeymoon. Our goal is to get back east some day and drive up north of Duck.
We will see you at Expo West. Feel free to chime in on our thread here: Overland Expo West We will be having an OB member gathering at some point, so looking forward to meeting you.

@Byron Eby Welcome to the community! Good to see the 4Runner numbers grow ;)
Awesome, I've only spent half a night on the beach in the outerbanks (got stuck) but love riding the sand. Would be great to meet you and others at expo. I'm watching the OEW thread now, thanks for the insight. ttys