david.lemke

Rank 0

Contributor I

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
1) Location - - Indiana
2) Rig - - 2006 Chevy Trailblazer http://overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/2006-trailblazer.536/
3) Overlanding Experience Background - - Fairly Experienced. Done some living out of a 4x4 and wheeled a bunch. Built several rigs over the past couple decades. Like to get off the grid and enjoy nature.

Glad to be here and hope to find some good people and info. Already have seen several familiar "faces" in the threads i have perused.

Reactions: Michael and SLO Rob

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Reactions: Michael

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

1) Location - - Indiana
2) Rig - - 2006 Chevy Trailblazer http://overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/2006-trailblazer.536/
3) Overlanding Experience Background - - Fairly Experienced. Done some living out of a 4x4 and wheeled a bunch. Built several rigs over the past couple decades. Like to get off the grid and enjoy nature.

Glad to be here and hope to find some good people and info. Already have seen several familiar "faces" in the threads i have perused.
Welcome!

Reactions: Michael

Contributor I

Hello everyone I'm Brandon. B.

Location - Hot and dry Phoenix AZ
Rig - New to me 1995 Ford Ranger 4x4 3.0 manual (eventually a 4bt Cummins, or a 302 V8 when the 3 slow dies)
Experience - Plenty of off-road,both driver and co-pilot, getting more into over landing and long more "mild" then romps and breaking stuff haha.

Reactions: Michael and SLO Rob

mdmiked

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello guys! Glad to be a new member of this forum!

I'm from Little Rock, AR.

My current rig (I've had a few) is a '97 LX450.

Pretty new to overlanding but I've always been an explorer at heart. This is just a new outlet that will allow me to travel further and to ever more remote areas. It combines my two favorite hobbies, exploring and building off road vehicles.

Reactions: SLO Rob

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

Hi all!

1) North Georgia (Ball Ground)
2) 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (mine) & 2015 Kia Sorento AWD (wife's)
3) I'm new to overlanding, specifically, but I've done a lot of camping, hunting, fishing, backpacking, etc, so I'm no stranger to the outdoors. And I've done a lot of off-roading as well, as I spent a lot of time in my teens on ATVs and the like. I've owned several 4x4 vehicles, and I am happiest when not on the pavement :)

Since I was little, I've always love road trips, especially when we would take our time on the trip itself. In 2007, my wife and I drove her little Mazda across the country to San Francisco and back (mostly Rt 66 on the way out and Rt 50 – the loneliest road – on the way back). We followed a cool guide book and found some neat oddities along the way. It was amazing, and even though there was no off-roading, I just felt it was an incredibly enjoyable trip. More memorable than any beach or mountain trip, that's for sure.

Since then, we've had two little girls and we've taken them camping, etc, several times. We've also been on a few road trips, but what I'd really like to do is more long trips that involve leaving the roads periodically to discover less-seen things. I travel by plane many times per year, and I despise it. I want the girls to learn to appreciate our beautiful country, while learning to be as self-sufficient as possible.

Realistically, we can't get out that often right now, but our girls are starting to get a little easier to travel with, so I'd like to build in many more outings in the coming years. I'm building my Jeep up a bit to take on some tougher stuff, while remaining highway-friendly (I'll start a build thread on that soon). And the Kia will probably be the vehicle for most family travel.

Sorry for the novel. Looking forward to getting to know you guys!