Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Morristown, TN
Member #

Hello all
: East Tennessee
: 1993 FZJ80 Land Cruiser factory triple locked
: I've owned 8 Land Cruisers since 1993, first one was a 1983 FJ60, several 80's, one 100 series, and the latest is a 1993 80. This is my first one to build, rest have been stock. I'm 50 years old and have give up all my other hobbies so I'm just now starting my Overland adventures with a good friend that has been helping me build my 80. He has a Taco that he just now starting on.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello from East Tennesee. Welcome aboard. I hope to see your adventures posted here. And you have a wonderful time living those adventures.

And to all who came before. Happy overlanding and welcome to the group. Have a happy time here.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Michael

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Hello all
: I've owned 8 Land Cruisers since 1993, first one was a 1983 FJ60, several 80's, one 100 series, and the latest is a 1993 80. This is my first one to build, rest have been stock. I'm 50 years old and have give up all my other hobbies so I'm just now starting my Overland adventures with a good friend that has been helping me build my 80. He has a Taco that he just now starting on.

beastly looking! Welcome!

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hello all

Awesome rig! Which lift/suspension you go with?

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Hello all

Very nice!!

John_Heibel

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Heibel
Member #

John here. Re-introcuding myself to overloading. Been out of it awhile since we totaled our 51 Willys Station Wagon on black ice. Wife loves to camp and I said I needed the right tools. So I suggested a Jeep. She is on board as long as we tent camp and there are no trailers involved.
Live in northern CA near Redding.
Just purchased a 2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon. Saw the cool way Michael stored stuff ready to go at any time. Our boxes are almost ready. Installed our Gobi stealth rack . Boy is it quality. Would recommend it to anyone. Now we can throw our stuff on top. Winch for the front with a new bumper so it can be installed correctly and we should be ready to go.

Looking forward to getting out with the group. Possibly the week after Easter in March??? Anyone interested?

Thanks. John

Reactions: murps and SLO Rob

ehmitchell

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lafayette, CO
Member #

Hello everyone! New member, getting back to my outdoor roots. My family has a cabin up in Pinecrest, CA, www.overlandbound.com/overland-trip-pinecrest-ca/, featured in this post here, so I grew up with my summers being outdoors. But you should all stay away from there, it's totally an awful place to go...:grinning:

This year I purchased a 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition, and have added on some sliders with a Gobi Stealth rack on order. Been headed out to Joshua Tree a few times, and hoping to go to a new place at least once a month for overnight/weekend trips. I'd love to hear your favorite locations in SoCal!

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

John here. Re-introcuding myself to overloading. Been out of it awhile since we totaled our 51 Willys Station Wagon on black ice. Wife loves to camp and I said I needed the right tools. So I suggested a Jeep. She is on board as long as we tent camp and there are no trailers involved.
Live in northern CA near Redding.
Just purchased a 2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon. Saw the cool way Michael stored stuff ready to go at any time. Our boxes are almost ready. Installed our Gobi stealth rack . Boy is it quality. Would recommend it to anyone. Now we can throw our stuff on top. Winch for the front with a new bumper so it can be installed correctly and we should be ready to go.

Looking forward to getting out with the group. Possibly the week after Easter in March??? Anyone interested?

Thanks. John
any photos of the JKU?

bigrob8181

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Landry
Member #

So today my jeep finally arrived at the dealer. This is what it looks like for now. I actually didn't take it home, because Friday it is going into the dealer service dept to have the AEV 2.5" lift, geometry correction brackets, 17" AEV Pintlers, 35" Goodyear Duratracks, AEV spare tire carrier, and AEV reverse camera installed. Also getting the wheel locks that work with the pintlers and the procal. Sooo excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: benmmc

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Rob, your photos are not showing up for me. Are they in a password protected gallery, or linked to a site where you must be a member to see the images?

Steve