Rank III

Enthusiast II

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
First Name
Clint
Last Name
Wilfred
Member #

Hello? Am I posting this in an old forum?
I guess I'm the new guy.
View attachment 275378
I live way up north in Sussex County, NJ and always down to get dirty, lol. Hit me up if your in the area, I could use a buddy to help pull me out if I need to be ;)
Welcome to Overland Bound One
Loving the Wrangler in action picture

Odyssey Escapades

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Clint
Last Name
Wilfred
Member #

Hey, I'm David, a new member here. I grew up and Montana, Wyoming, in western South Dakota. Up until I left for college, our family did similar things to over landing. Now for the first time since I was 18 years old I have a four-wheel-drive and looking to get back into over landing. Now I live in the upstate of South Carolina. Lots of good novice forest service roads to cut my teeth on. Rig is being kitted out. It is a 2024 Toyota 4runner TRD Pro. I'm excited to get back out on the dirt roads.View attachment 275420
Welcome David. Greetings from the SandPit.
Aka Middle East (UAE). 4Runner TRD Pro looking

Odyssey Escapades

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Clint
Last Name
Wilfred
Member #

Hi My name is Richard my friends call me RB, I'm a retired construction worker and live on the Central Coast of Calif. with my wife Patty where we raised two children.
I have been into 4X4 all of my life and have had everything from Jeeps to 4x4 vans
View attachment 275101Here's a picture of the last one I built on Tons with a full camper set up on the in side.

For last decade I have been more into Rocklanding running hardcore technical trails like the Rubicon and Fordyce Trails, But like everything outdoors and have been going to places like Ouray Colorado & Moab for the scenic beauty !
View attachment 275102
View attachment 275103
Moab
View attachment 275104
View attachment 275105
I enjoy the camaraderie of just sitting a round the campfire and talking about Rigs or the Trail as much as getting out there on the trail.
Looking forward to meeting some new people and being part of the community

Broski
Hey Richard, welcome to Overland Bound One.
Greetings from the Middle East.
Wish we had some Rocklanding action in this part of the world

Odyssey Escapades

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Clint
Last Name
Wilfred
Member #

Howdy all,

New member here, East Bay Area, California. Looking to meet other Overlanding folks and find new friends to go out on camping adventures with. Rig: 2022 Jeep JLUR, only minor modifications so far, but have already done some very fun road trips.
ChakaTrain, welcome to the Overland bound one global community.
Greetings from the Middle East

Odyssey Escapades

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Clint
Last Name
Wilfred
Member #

Greetings fellow travelers! New member here but have been doing this for a while now, although until recently just figured I was just driving through the woods and camping when I got tired... never realizing there was a name for it lol! I am a wrecker and recovery operator which is slightly helpful when off roading and needing to help someone or myself get out whatever mayhem just happened. Graduated from my 07 FJC to a 2023 Gladiator (JTR) about 6 months ago and have been upgrading and modding as much as my time and finances can afford, seems to be an ongoing process and most definitely an addiction. Most recent long trip was solo last fall on the WABDR sections 1-5, having to bail the last section due to a battery problem in Conconully. No lift at this point but the 35's on the rubicon suspension seem to be a pretty good combination to get me where I need to go. Looking forward to meeting some great people out there!

View attachment 274764View attachment 274765View attachment 274766
Wow Jonathan, loving your Gladiator Rig.
With a 392 in the overland garage…. Also tempted now with adding a Gladiator in the mix.

Greetings from the Concrete Jungle/desert of the Middle East - UAE

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there! I'm Jenny

Home Base: Sylmar, CA
Rig: 2006 Toyota 4Runner V8
Beginner here !

I'm planning some easy trips as I'm in a rwd rig and new to this all!
Welcome to Overland Bound Jenny
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy, y’all.

My name is Devyn, and I don’t have an overland rig yet as I operate out of a company provided truck.
I hope one day to get a small truck - preferably a Chevy Colorado and turn that into an overland rig.

I’m in the West Texas (Midland/Odessa) area, and I’m a novice at this point in time. I hope to be able to learn and prepare for when I do have my rig set up the way I want it.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this community!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

AW Overland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Gainesville, Alachua County, Florida, United States
First Name
Arman
Last Name
Serrano
Member #

Hey there! I'm Jenny

Beginner here !

Welcome to OB Jenny! 2WDdriver here. Keep weight distribution heavy in the back, good clearance, air down tires 50% and keep a steady throttle, and you will drive almost everywhere! Is it more fun in 2WD anyway

Last edited:

jnniluv_

Rank II

Contributor III

Sylmar, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Jenny
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Hey there! I'm Jenny

Beginner here !

Welcome to OB Jenny! 2WDdriver here. Keep weight distribution heavy in the back, good clearance, air down tires 50% and keep a steady throttle, and you drive almost everywhere! Is it more fun in 2WD anyway
Thanks for the tips!! It's exactly what I needed !

Thank you so much

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey there! I'm Jenny

Beginner here !

Hi Jenny,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hey there! I'm Jenny

Beginner here !

Hi Jenny,

Welcome to OB from us in France, loads of good people on here with advice if you want.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi,

I am Alex, currently in my search for the right rig for me. Last year together with my girlfriend I bought our HZJ75 "Ben" in Arusha, Tanzania and it has been a bumpy ride eversince. Buying a car in Africa is not an easy thing to do and fixing it there even less so. Therefore I am currently selling our car which is Located in Iringa, Tanzania for the same price we bought it (although we invested around 5000€ in repairing it.

Furthermore I am looking for a new rig and I found one for sale with is a HZJ79 but with Three! axles. Now I am thinking if this is a good idea, therefore I made this post:

Cheers

View attachment 275450
Me with our Beloved Ben (before we bought him new rims)
Greetings Alex, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Howdy, y’all.

My name is Devyn, and I don’t have an overland rig yet as I operate out of a company provided truck.
I hope one day to get a small truck - preferably a Chevy Colorado and turn that into an overland rig.

I’m in the West Texas (Midland/Odessa) area, and I’m a novice at this point in time. I hope to be able to learn and prepare for when I do have my rig set up the way I want it.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this community!
Greetings Devyn, welcome to Overland Bound!

kitts84

Rank I

Contributor III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Kitts
Hi, my name is Shawn, and I'm a novice overlander from Knoxville, TN. I was happy to find this group while searching for ways to attach a platform for a RTT that would work over the bed of my truck, attached by means of a Rhino track style bedrail track,while allowing to keep my Undercover tonneau cover in place. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you20220801_173152.jpg

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hi, my name is Shawn, and I'm a novice overlander from Knoxville, TN. I was happy to find this group while searching for ways to attach a platform for a RTT that would work over the bed of my truck, attached by means of a Rhino track style bedrail track,while allowing to keep my Undercover tonneau cover in place. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank youView attachment 275602
Hi Shawn,

Welcome to the OB community from us in France.

Nice looking truck you have there.

Cheers Paul and Nicky