Hahnville, St. Charles Parish, Louisiana, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Service Branch
Sheriffs Deputy
Hi, my name is Shawn, and I'm a novice overlander from Knoxville, TN. I was happy to find this group while searching for ways to attach a platform for a RTT that would work over the bed of my truck, attached by means of a Rhino track style bedrail track,while allowing to keep my Undercover tonneau cover in place. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank youView attachment 275602
Hi Shawn,

Welcome to the OB community from us in France.

Nice looking truck you have there.

Cheers Paul and Nicky
Welcome to a awesome club!

Sclary3

Rank VI

Advocate II

First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Service Branch
Sheriffs Deputy
Hey there! I'm Jenny

Home Base: Sylmar, CA
Rig: 2006 Toyota 4Runner V8
Beginner here !

I'm planning some easy trips as I'm in a rwd rig and new to this all!
Hallo Jenny
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Sclary3

Rank VI

Advocate II

First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Service Branch
Sheriffs Deputy
Hey, I'm David, a new member here. I grew up and Montana, Wyoming, in western South Dakota. Up until I left for college, our family did similar things to over landing. Now for the first time since I was 18 years old I have a four-wheel-drive and looking to get back into over landing. Now I live in the upstate of South Carolina. Lots of good novice forest service roads to cut my teeth on. Rig is being kitted out. It is a 2024 Toyota 4runner TRD Pro. I'm excited to get back out on the dirt roads.View attachment 275420
Greetings David, welcome to Overland Bound!

Sclary3

Rank VI

Advocate II

First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Service Branch
Sheriffs Deputy
Hi, my name is Shawn, and I'm a novice overlander from Knoxville, TN. I was happy to find this group while searching for ways to attach a platform for a RTT that would work over the bed of my truck, attached by means of a Rhino track style bedrail track,while allowing to keep my Undercover tonneau cover in place. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank youView attachment 275602

Sclary3

Rank VI

Advocate II

First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Service Branch
Sheriffs Deputy
Hi,

I am Alex, currently in my search for the right rig for me. Last year together with my girlfriend I bought our HZJ75 "Ben" in Arusha, Tanzania and it has been a bumpy ride eversince. Buying a car in Africa is not an easy thing to do and fixing it there even less so. Therefore I am currently selling our car which is Located in Iringa, Tanzania for the same price we bought it (although we invested around 5000€ in repairing it.

Furthermore I am looking for a new rig and I found one for sale with is a HZJ79 but with Three! axles. Now I am thinking if this is a good idea, therefore I made this post:

Cheers

View attachment 275450
Me with our Beloved Ben (before we bought him new rims)

Sclary3

Rank VI

Advocate II

First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Service Branch
Sheriffs Deputy
Hello? Am I posting this in an old forum?
I guess I'm the new guy.
View attachment 275378
I live way up north in Sussex County, NJ and always down to get dirty, lol. Hit me up if your in the area, I could use a buddy to help pull me out if I need to be ;)

Sclary3

Rank VI

Advocate II

First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Service Branch
Sheriffs Deputy
Hello everyone! Wanted to post something to say hi and give a quick intro. I'm here to connect with other overlanding and adventure travel enthusiasts.
Looking to purchase a Gen 3 Mitsubishi Montero to build an overlanding rig. Anyone here using the Montero/Pajero platform? What are your thoughts looking back at your build?

-Dwayne
Hallo Dwayne
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Sclary3

Rank VI

Advocate II

First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Service Branch
Sheriffs Deputy
Hi all. Am a very new beginner member who got interested in Overlanding after watching Mountain State Overland and Expedition Overland on YouTube.

Location: North New Jersey, so miles from any real Overlanding territory.
Rig: Chevy Equinox 2008 AWD, pretty good for road trips.
Experience: watching YouTube :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hello friends, I'm Larry and from Texas.
I drive a 2006 Ram 2500 and looking to get into some car camping... errrr overlanding... now that the kids are a bit older. I come from an ADV and touring motorcycle background so the 4wd thing is all kind of new to me.
Hi Larry,

Welcome to OB from us in France.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

UAmatt89

Rank IV

Advocate II

Sierra Vista, AZ, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6HNY
Service Branch
USAF retired
I drive a 2006 Ram 2500 and looking to get into some car camping... errrr overlanding... now that the kids are a bit older. I come from an ADV and touring motorcycle background so the 4wd thing is all kind of new to me.
Welcome Larry. If you find yourself exploring southern Arizona there are lots of camping opportunities.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Larry (@veriest1 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas. Whereabouts in Texas are you located? Depending on your location, there may be a meet up you can attend.

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

There is a San Antonio meetup here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

South Central Texas has this meetup: Rigs and Coffee - South Central Texas

East Texas has this meetup: Tyler/East Texas Meetup

The one we attend for North Central Texas is in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Larry, welcome to Overland Bound!

SpyGoat

Rank I

Contributor III

Long Island, NY, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Palermo
Hey everyone. New guy from LI, NY. My name is Tom. I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma. It has a few things done to it and is my camping/beach wheeling/trail bombing adventure suit. I am usually in the woods with my wife and dogs (Huskies) trying to figure out where we should camp. We love adventuring and look forward to checking the forums out!

Some pics!702.jpgcamp_002.jpgcampo_001.jpgfront_001.jpgMUDPUDDLE.jpgrack_lights.jpgRTT_annex.jpg

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone. New guy from LI, NY. My name is Tom. I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma. It has a few things done to it and is my camping/beach wheeling/trail bombing adventure suit. I am usually in the woods with my wife and dogs (Huskies) trying to figure out where we should camp. We love adventuring and look forward to checking the forums out!

Some pics!View attachment 276041View attachment 276042View attachment 276043View attachment 276044View attachment 276045View attachment 276046View attachment 276047
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Joshua Buss

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

18245 40th Ave NE, Lake Forest Park, WA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Buss
Member #

Some pics!View attachment 276041View attachment 276042View attachment 276043View attachment 276044View attachment 276045View attachment 276046View attachment 276047
Great looking rig! Go Tacos! Welcome and hopefully you can use the app to find some great spots to get off the road in your area.

UAmatt89

Rank IV

Advocate II

Sierra Vista, AZ, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6HNY
Service Branch
USAF retired

Welcome Tom! I think Long Beach Island in NJ allows Oceanside driving at certain times of the year. Not sure about camping though. So many great options outside the NY metro area!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Tom, welcome to Overland Bound.

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hi there Tom,

Welcome to the OB community from us in France.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Tom,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Great setup!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Greetings Tom, welcome to Overland Bound!