Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey everyone. New guy from LI, NY. My name is Tom. I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma. It has a few things done to it and is my camping/beach wheeling/trail bombing adventure suit. I am usually in the woods with my wife and dogs (Huskies) trying to figure out where we should camp. We love adventuring and look forward to checking the forums out!

Some pics!View attachment 276041View attachment 276042View attachment 276043View attachment 276044View attachment 276045View attachment 276046View attachment 276047
Hallo Tom
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

12C20

Rank V
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

South Jordan, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

Howdy.
I'm Keith. I'm from the DFW, TX (N Texas) area.
I'm looking to get started in Overlanding. I have zero experience and gear.
My rig is a stock Gladiator Rubicon.
You’re going to have a great time, Keith!

And you found a great community here.

DrMooseShroom

Rank II

Traveler III

Palmer, AK, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
OBriant
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hi, I am OB. Currently, we live in Palmer, Alaska, but are heading on a relocation overlanding trip to South Carolina March 30th, 2024.

Grew up in PNW, near Eatonville, WA, with lots of wheeling experiences in those areas. Military background with minimalist and backcountry experience.

Now, I am more mellow, especially when only one rig on the trail and its just my wife and 14yr old pup.

We have a 2019 4Runner TRD ORP, that has just turned into a more capable overlanding rig (lift, tires, ridiculous electronics mounts, dual batteries, fridge, etc... pics in current state and more to come durimg the next weeks).

Looking forward to being part of the community and wish I found this earlier in my planning!

Attachments

OVRLANDnoob

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Childs
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi, I am OB. Currently, we live in Palmer, Alaska, but are heading on a relocation overlanding trip to South Carolina March 30th, 2024.

Grew up in PNW, near Eatonville, WA, with lots of wheeling experiences in those areas. Military background with minimalist and backcountry experience.

Now, I am more mellow, especially when only one rig on the trail and its just my wife and 14yr old pup.

We have a 2019 4Runner TRD ORP, that has just turned into a more capable overlanding rig (lift, tires, ridiculous electronics mounts, dual batteries, fridge, etc... pics in current state and more to come durimg the next weeks).

Looking forward to being part of the community and wish I found this earlier in my planning!
Welcome! I’m in Ohio but heading south in couple months then heading out west. Maybe we will cross paths!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Brandon, welcome to Overland Bound. Love the rig, thank you for your service, blessings.

PatrickFonda

Rank II

Contributor III

Fernley
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Fonda
Member #

New to the app so here goes with the intro!

Vehicle: ‘97 FZJ80 (Japanese import)
Experience: Very little with overlanding, but tons of camping experience. Just moved to the Reno area and excited to see what journeys are out there.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Experience: Very little with overlanding, but tons of camping experience. Just moved to the Reno area and excited to see what journeys are out there.
Hello Patrick, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Howdy.
Hello Keith (@Mircin ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas. Whereabouts in Texas are you located? Depending on your location, there may be a meet up you can attend.

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

We currently have a Hill Country trip planned for April 6, if you can make it. Annual Texas Hill Country Route Trip

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Mircin

Rank III

Contributor III

Aubrey, Texas, United States
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5QMS
Howdy.
Hello Keith (@Mircin ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas. Whereabouts in Texas are you located? Depending on your location, there may be a meet up you can attend.

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

We currently have a Hill Country trip planned for April 6, if you can make it. Annual Texas Hill Country Route Trip

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.
I’m located in the Denton/Aubrey area.
Thanks for the great links. I will be sure to go through those.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Patrick
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Brandon
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Howdy.
Hi Keith and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Awesome rig. I like those 4Runners. They are quite rare on this side of the pond.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern