Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Blake here and im brand new to this, ive lived in The Roaring Fork Valley, CO for almost 8 years. Love everything outdoors and finally got a 2018 4runner TRD Off Road. Lifted now with Toy Tec 2.5, 285x17 tires, dobinsons drawer kit, molle panels & top shelf.
Love everything about this and im trying to figure out the best way/what i need to drive down through mexico/central america for a month. I have 4-6 weeks to play with as far as trip duration goes but i need help with safe planning for route and things i need to take care of on my rig over the next 8 months.
Greetings Blake, welcome to Overland Bound!

RDevita

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
DeVita
Member #

Blake here and im brand new to this, ive lived in The Roaring Fork Valley, CO for almost 8 years. Love everything outdoors and finally got a 2018 4runner TRD Off Road. Lifted now with Toy Tec 2.5, 285x17 tires, dobinsons drawer kit, molle panels & top shelf.
Love everything about this and im trying to figure out the best way/what i need to drive down through mexico/central america for a month. I have 4-6 weeks to play with as far as trip duration goes but i need help with safe planning for route and things i need to take care of on my rig over the next 8 months.
Welcome, Blake! Sounds like you are off to a strong start with your new rig and a nice chunk of time to enjoy it. Hope you are able to share your experiences with the rest of us when you return from your adventures

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Blake and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Gotham2112

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

Hi Blake. Welcome to OB!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Blake, welcome to Overland Bound.

Chuck_582df9

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Spaulding
Member #

Hello. I met Chris, a member of the Thousand Oaks section of Overland Bound, on facebook and attended a meetup.

We have a 2020 Jeep Rubicon which we had spent about 190 nights in the RTT. Things were going great until I was diagnosed with Cancer in 2021 which sidelined any hope of overlanding. Although recovery has been very slow we're just now trying to get back into it. During treatment it was very difficult for me to get into the jeep, so much so that I thought I might have to sell it. I started building a trailer for the RTT so we could base camp almost two years ago, I still move pretty slowly, but I'm almost finished.

I'm looking forward to meeting and hopefully joining others on overland adventures.JEEP-19 Large.jpegJEEP-20 Large.jpegJEEP TRAILER-1.jpgJEEP TRAILER-4.jpgJEEP TRAILER-2.jpgJEEP TRAILER-5 Large.jpegJEEP TRAILER-6.jpgJEEP TRAILER-7.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello. I met Chris, a member of the Thousand Oaks section of Overland Bound, on facebook and attended a meetup.

We have a 2020 Jeep Rubicon which we had spent about 190 nights in the RTT. Things were going great until I was diagnosed with Cancer in 2021 which sidelined any hope of overlanding. Although recovery has been very slow we're just now trying to get back into it. During treatment it was very difficult for me to get into the jeep, so much so that I thought I might have to sell it. I started building a trailer for the RTT so we could base camp almost two years ago, I still move pretty slowly, but I'm almost finished.

I'm looking forward to meeting and hopefully joining others on overland adventures.View attachment 269860View attachment 269861View attachment 269864View attachment 269866View attachment 269865View attachment 269867View attachment 269868View attachment 269869
Hello Chuck, welcome to Overland Bound and prayers for your recovery and health.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

I'm looking forward to meeting and hopefully joining others on overland adventures.View attachment 269860View attachment 269861View attachment 269864View attachment 269866View attachment 269865View attachment 269867View attachment 269868View attachment 269869
Hallo Chuck
Welcome to OBO
What a spirit you have
Nice trailer, looks a bit like Jeep w2
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Great setup!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Chris
Great looking setup, I am sure you will get out there soon and have some adventures.
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

TheGreatMarklar

Rank III

Traveler III

Reno, Nevada, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Thibedeau
Member #

Rig: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) Rubicon
Overlanding Experience: I’ve done day trips Jeeping on Forrest Service roads for over a decade. In the last couple years I’ve done trips with friends planned to minimize pavement and maximize adventure!

This is the first year that I’ll be planning the route, and the past years have set high standards. As my kids grow up, they’ll be coming along, too.

Attachments

NH_Dave

Rank I

Enthusiast I

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Burden
Rig(s): 2003 International 3800 skoolie - 36' converted school bus, fully self-contained.
Overlanding Experience: A newbie to the hard-core stuff, and that will certainly be limited, given my rig, but the spirit is there!
I've used the bus for weekend and vacation trips so far, but it will probably be my full time accommodations in a year or two. It's not the typical type of vehicle in this group but I like finding places off the beaten path. I also have a little Honda Monkey in the back so I can do exploring once the bus is parked.

Attachments

Chuck_582df9

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Spaulding
Member #

Rig(s): 2003 International 3800 skoolie - 36' converted school bus, fully self-contained.
Overlanding Experience: A newbie to the hard-core stuff, and that will certainly be limited, given my rig, but the spirit is there!
I've used the bus for weekend and vacation trips so far, but it will probably be my full time accommodations in a year or two. It's not the typical type of vehicle in this group but I like finding places off the beaten path. I also have a little Honda Monkey in the back so I can do exploring once the bus is parked.
Is that a Honda CT70? Those and the ST90 and 250R ATCs were so much fun. Nice setup.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Overlanding Experience: I’ve done day trips Jeeping on Forrest Service roads for over a decade. In the last couple years I’ve done trips with friends planned to minimize pavement and maximize adventure!

This is the first year that I’ll be planning the route, and the past years have set high standards. As my kids grow up, they’ll be coming along, too.
Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Dave, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Joe and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Dave,

Welcome to Overland Bound.

Nice setup!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Dave
Welcome to OBO
It looks like you are prepared for some adventures
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N