Rank II

Enthusiast II

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Edward
Hey, I'm Edward.

My wife and I have been full-time RVers since 2018 but recently bought a home in Prescott, Arizona to settle down, at least for a few years, until we get the itch to travel again. We would still like to hit some local dry camping areas around here, Sedona, and Flagstaff but just weekend trips.

Our previous RV was a small fifth wheel in which I had about ten grand in solar and lithium setup so we were able to dry camp for extensive periods.
I will likely set up another fairly large solar array on our Overlanding vehicle, whatever that may be, so I'll be checking out some of your setups to see what works on these much smaller vehicles.

So, we're selling our coach (2020 Tiffin Motorhome) and looking into something much smaller and easier to park. Don't make fun of us because we were previously "hard-core glampers"! Haha. I have to say, we'll miss the stackable washer and dryer, four TVs, and 23 cubic foot residential fridge but we're looking forward to seeing what kind of setup we (I) can fit into, comfortably. I am 6'6'' 250 lbs so I'm guessing not much. At this point, we're thinking of a pickup and RTT but who knows? We're just getting started in the research phase so if any of you are my size or bigger, please feel free to PM me (if that is possible here) with info on your setup!

Here's a pic of what we've been "Roughing it" in.
Looking forward to downsizing.

6215643f7b76092c3436bc05.jpg

Last edited:

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey, I'm Edward.

My wife and I have been full-time RVers since 2018 but recently bought a home in Prescott, Arizona to settle down, at least for a few years, until we get the itch to travel again. We would still like to hit some local dry camping areas around here, Sedona, and Flagstaff but just weekend trips.

Our previous RV was a small fifth wheel in which I had about ten grand in solar and lithium setup so we were able to dry camp for extensive periods.
I will likely set up another fairly large solar array on our Overlanding vehicle, whatever that may be, so I'll be checking out some of your setups to see what works on these much smaller vehicles.

So, we're selling our coach (2020 Tiffin Motorhome) and looking into something much smaller and easier to park. Don't make fun of us because we were previously "hard-core glampers"! Haha. I have to say, we'll miss the stackable washer and dryer, four TVs, and 23 cubic foot residential fridge but we're looking forward to seeing what kind of setup we (I) can fit into, comfortably. I am 6'6'' 250 lbs so I'm guessing not much. At this point, we're thinking of a pickup and RTT but who knows? We're just getting started in the research phase so if any of you are my size or bigger, please feel free to PM me (if that is possible here) with info on your setup!

View attachment 269585
Hallo Edward
Welcome to OBO
Don’t worry by downsizing
You will explore more and deeper
When you do so
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey, I'm Edward.

View attachment 269585
Hello Edward, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey, I'm Edward.

View attachment 269585
Hi Edward,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

RDevita

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
DeVita
Member #

Hello. I'm new to overlanding. I've been caming for probably 40 years. Never really offroad camping just in camps/state parks ect. We decided after watching a couple years of overlanding shows on YouTube that it was what we really wanted to do. We bought a new 2023 Jeep Gladiator almost 2 months ago and are about to start building it. We have the Clayton 3.5" overland plus lift, method 703s, Yokohama Geolandar G003 MTs all hopefully being installed over the next week or 2. We look forward to learning alot from this group!
Welcome to Overland Bound. Enjoy the new Gladiator! Can’t wait to see some pics of it with the new mods and some dirt…

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, I'm Edward.

View attachment 269585
Welcome to Overland Bound Edward
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo in Flagstaff next year https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!
rig: 22 Tacoma
Overland experience: pretty new to it. We’ve done the TWAT, SEMAT, and we like to go up in nort minnysoda, wheel round in the iron range. It’s fun now that I have kids I’m trying to get them out doing the things I wish I could have.

let me know if you’re also in the MN area, trying to get together with some friends that do this, I’m usually solo!
Welcome to Overland Bound
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Gotham2112

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

Hey everyone!
Overland experience: pretty new to it. We’ve done the TWAT, SEMAT, and we like to go up in nort minnysoda, wheel round in the iron range. It’s fun now that I have kids I’m trying to get them out doing the things I wish I could have.

let me know if you’re also in the MN area, trying to get together with some friends that do this, I’m usually solo!
Hi Austin. Welcome to OB!

Gotham2112

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

Hello. I'm new to overlanding. I've been caming for probably 40 years. Never really offroad camping just in camps/state parks ect. We decided after watching a couple years of overlanding shows on YouTube that it was what we really wanted to do. We bought a new 2023 Jeep Gladiator almost 2 months ago and are about to start building it. We have the Clayton 3.5" overland plus lift, method 703s, Yokohama Geolandar G003 MTs all hopefully being installed over the next week or 2. We look forward to learning alot from this group!
Hi Jeff. Welcome to OB!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Jeff, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone!

Greetings Austin, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey, I'm Edward.

View attachment 269585
Greetings Edward, welcome to Overland Bound!

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
HI Ginger,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

That sounds like a great trip you ae planning. Regarding your question you could check the OB Map for members in that area, message them and see if they can help you. Maybe @Alanymarce (based in Colombia) or @Gustavo Amaral (based in Brazil) can help?

A good resource for information like that is also the Horizons Unlimited HUBB.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern
Happy to offer help as : )

TX325TerrainAT4

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Angelo, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Yanez
Hey everyone!

Greetings Austin, welcome to Overland Bound!
Welcome Shahn!!! Glad to have ya!

TX325TerrainAT4

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Angelo, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Yanez
Hey everyone!

Welcome Austin!! Glad to have you join us!

RDevita

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
DeVita
Member #

Hey everyone!

Welcome to OB! Get those kiddos out in the great outdoors, mine fell in love with it. How old are they? Nice pic of the taco

thedudeGWS

Rank 0

Contributor II

Glenwood Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Summers
Blake here and im brand new to this, ive lived in The Roaring Fork Valley, CO for almost 8 years. Love everything outdoors and finally got a 2018 4runner TRD Off Road. Lifted now with Toy Tec 2.5, 285x17 tires, dobinsons drawer kit, molle panels & top shelf.
Love everything about this and im trying to figure out the best way/what i need to drive down through mexico/central america for a month. I have 4-6 weeks to play with as far as trip duration goes but i need help with safe planning for route and things i need to take care of on my rig over the next 8 months.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Blake here and im brand new to this, ive lived in The Roaring Fork Valley, CO for almost 8 years. Love everything outdoors and finally got a 2018 4runner TRD Off Road. Lifted now with Toy Tec 2.5, 285x17 tires, dobinsons drawer kit, molle panels & top shelf.
Love everything about this and im trying to figure out the best way/what i need to drive down through mexico/central america for a month. I have 4-6 weeks to play with as far as trip duration goes but i need help with safe planning for route and things i need to take care of on my rig over the next 8 months.
Hallo Blake
Welcome to OBO
Sounds like you have a nice trip ahead of you
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Two things about your trip south; @Magic Mike and @Firemom are starting that same trip in early January, you might message them to get some ideas. There are other members that have done this trip like @Hourless Life who is currently in South America, you can add a question to the trip planning page and I bet you will get lots of information.
Three Local Experts in the CO area are @neal A.Tew Pueblo, @Iridium Fort Collins, @trail_runn4r Denver.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. Rocky Mountain (MT ND SD NE KS CO UT WY)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Check out Overland Expo https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtn-west/

Austin_7c3e15

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
Austin
Last Name
Little
Welcome to OB! Get those kiddos out in the great outdoors, mine fell in love with it. How old are they? Nice pic of the taco
I got a 9 year old daughter, she’s in live with the outdoors, even after she had to take a shower under a cold water jug lol

then my boy just turned 7 months, last summer he just came out for a couple days to hang out at the site but gone see how he does with long stays this summer!