Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Rig: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) Rubicon
Overlanding Experience: I’ve done day trips Jeeping on Forrest Service roads for over a decade. In the last couple years I’ve done trips with friends planned to minimize pavement and maximize adventure!

This is the first year that I’ll be planning the route, and the past years have set high standards. As my kids grow up, they’ll be coming along, too.
Hallo Joe
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig(s): 2003 International 3800 skoolie - 36' converted school bus, fully self-contained.
Overlanding Experience: A newbie to the hard-core stuff, and that will certainly be limited, given my rig, but the spirit is there!
I've used the bus for weekend and vacation trips so far, but it will probably be my full time accommodations in a year or two. It's not the typical type of vehicle in this group but I like finding places off the beaten path. I also have a little Honda Monkey in the back so I can do exploring once the bus is parked.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Here is a link that might help you going full time Full-time & Long Term Overland Travel
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Overlanding Experience: I’ve done day trips Jeeping on Forrest Service roads for over a decade. In the last couple years I’ve done trips with friends planned to minimize pavement and maximize adventure!

This is the first year that I’ll be planning the route, and the past years have set high standards. As my kids grow up, they’ll be coming along, too.
Welcome to Overland Bound
You live in a great place for adventure, any direction you go there is awesome places
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Rally Points
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
The “Reno Overlanding” OLB Meet-Up meets monthly, if you're interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello. I met Chris, a member of the Thousand Oaks section of Overland Bound, on facebook and attended a meetup.

We have a 2020 Jeep Rubicon which we had spent about 190 nights in the RTT. Things were going great until I was diagnosed with Cancer in 2021 which sidelined any hope of overlanding. Although recovery has been very slow we're just now trying to get back into it. During treatment it was very difficult for me to get into the jeep, so much so that I thought I might have to sell it. I started building a trailer for the RTT so we could base camp almost two years ago, I still move pretty slowly, but I'm almost finished.

I'm looking forward to meeting and hopefully joining others on overland adventures.View attachment 269860View attachment 269861View attachment 269864View attachment 269866View attachment 269865View attachment 269867View attachment 269868View attachment 269869
Greetings Chuck, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Greetings Joe, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Rig(s): 2003 International 3800 skoolie - 36' converted school bus, fully self-contained.
Overlanding Experience: A newbie to the hard-core stuff, and that will certainly be limited, given my rig, but the spirit is there!
I've used the bus for weekend and vacation trips so far, but it will probably be my full time accommodations in a year or two. It's not the typical type of vehicle in this group but I like finding places off the beaten path. I also have a little Honda Monkey in the back so I can do exploring once the bus is parked.
Greetings Dave, welcome to Overland Bound!

Gotham2112

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

Hello. I met Chris, a member of the Thousand Oaks section of Overland Bound, on facebook and attended a meetup.

We have a 2020 Jeep Rubicon which we had spent about 190 nights in the RTT. Things were going great until I was diagnosed with Cancer in 2021 which sidelined any hope of overlanding. Although recovery has been very slow we're just now trying to get back into it. During treatment it was very difficult for me to get into the jeep, so much so that I thought I might have to sell it. I started building a trailer for the RTT so we could base camp almost two years ago, I still move pretty slowly, but I'm almost finished.

I'm looking forward to meeting and hopefully joining others on overland adventures.View attachment 269860View attachment 269861View attachment 269864View attachment 269866View attachment 269865View attachment 269867View attachment 269868View attachment 269869
Hi Chris. Welcome to OB! Continued wishes for a good recovery and the trailer looks awesome!

Gotham2112

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

Hi Joe. Welcome to OB!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello. I'm new to overlanding. I've been caming for probably 40 years. Never really offroad camping just in camps/state parks ect. We decided after watching a couple years of overlanding shows on YouTube that it was what we really wanted to do. We bought a new 2023 Jeep Gladiator almost 2 months ago and are about to start building it. We have the Clayton 3.5" overland plus lift, method 703s, Yokohama Geolandar G003 MTs all hopefully being installed over the next week or 2. We look forward to learning alot from this group!
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone!
rig: 22 Tacoma
Overland experience: pretty new to it. We’ve done the TWAT, SEMAT, and we like to go up in nort minnysoda, wheel round in the iron range. It’s fun now that I have kids I’m trying to get them out doing the things I wish I could have.

let me know if you’re also in the MN area, trying to get together with some friends that do this, I’m usually solo!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey, I'm Edward.

My wife and I have been full-time RVers since 2018 but recently bought a home in Prescott, Arizona to settle down, at least for a few years, until we get the itch to travel again. We would still like to hit some local dry camping areas around here, Sedona, and Flagstaff but just weekend trips.

Our previous RV was a small fifth wheel in which I had about ten grand in solar and lithium setup so we were able to dry camp for extensive periods.
I will likely set up another fairly large solar array on our Overlanding vehicle, whatever that may be, so I'll be checking out some of your setups to see what works on these much smaller vehicles.

So, we're selling our coach (2020 Tiffin Motorhome) and looking into something much smaller and easier to park. Don't make fun of us because we were previously "hard-core glampers"! Haha. I have to say, we'll miss the stackable washer and dryer, four TVs, and 23 cubic foot residential fridge but we're looking forward to seeing what kind of setup we (I) can fit into, comfortably. I am 6'6'' 250 lbs so I'm guessing not much. At this point, we're thinking of a pickup and RTT but who knows? We're just getting started in the research phase so if any of you are my size or bigger, please feel free to PM me (if that is possible here) with info on your setup!

Here's a pic of what we've been "Roughing it" in.
Looking forward to downsizing.

View attachment 269585

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Blake here and im brand new to this, ive lived in The Roaring Fork Valley, CO for almost 8 years. Love everything outdoors and finally got a 2018 4runner TRD Off Road. Lifted now with Toy Tec 2.5, 285x17 tires, dobinsons drawer kit, molle panels & top shelf.
Love everything about this and im trying to figure out the best way/what i need to drive down through mexico/central america for a month. I have 4-6 weeks to play with as far as trip duration goes but i need help with safe planning for route and things i need to take care of on my rig over the next 8 months.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

1) I don't have Rig, looking into understanding what things people do to build a rig
2) Iowa
3) Rig I am going to be working on is 2018 Ford f-150
4) I am a novice.
Hallo Julian
Welcome to OBO
Don’t rush, it will come to you
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) I don't have Rig, looking into understanding what things people do to build a rig
2) Iowa
3) Rig I am going to be working on is 2018 Ford f-150
4) I am a novice.
Welcome to Overland Bound
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://tread-lightly.teachable.com/p/tread-lightly-youth-online-course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO