Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello: Mike and Bekki from Austin TX area... (Elgin to be exact)
Have a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk which I would love to get out with...
New to the whole "overlanding" idea, but have done a ton of camping and love the outdoors... Now that we are nearing retirement, hope to do a lot more...
Hello Mike and Bekki,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greeetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

New to the whole "overlanding" idea, but have done a ton of camping and love the outdoors... Now that we are nearing retirement, hope to do a lot more...
Hallo Mike & Bekki
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello all YV (Mick) here nice to meet you all, I have said hello in my home country section, looking forward to build of this Shogun and seeing where we end up.
Hello Mick,

Greetings from Germany,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone, new guy from the Central Valley California USA.

I’m new to overlanding, previous to this I tent camped or popup trailer camped at a single location for up to a week in the SoCal desert.

My current vehicle is a 2019 GMC Yukon Denali, I have swapped the factory 22” wheels and low profile Z rated tires for 18” wheels wrapped in 32” AT M/S tires, a Yakima EXO hitch cargo system, Yakima crossbars, and I have a FSR Evolution V2L RTT on order.

I have a full-size SUV because I have a family of seven and the Yukon is also my daily driver. In the mid future I plan on buying a travel trailer for full family adventures but for now it’ll just be me overlanding and possibly one or two others.

My buddies and I use CB radio for desert communication but I’m looking into GMRS, and have a call sign of WRWV937. HAM also looks interesting but seems daunting with everything you have to know.

I’m looking forward to meeting and learning. Thanks
Hello Tom, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you so very much for your service.

Mark Sterling

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kings Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Felix
Last Name
Sterling
Member #

I’m new to overlanding, previous to this I tent camped or popup trailer camped at a single location for up to a week in the SoCal desert.

My current vehicle is a 2019 GMC Yukon Denali, I have swapped the factory 22” wheels and low profile Z rated tires for 18” wheels wrapped in 32” AT M/S tires, a Yakima EXO hitch cargo system, Yakima crossbars, and I have a FSR Evolution V2L RTT on order.

I have a full-size SUV because I have a family of seven and the Yukon is also my daily driver. In the mid future I plan on buying a travel trailer for full family adventures but for now it’ll just be me overlanding and possibly one or two others.

My buddies and I use CB radio for desert communication but I’m looking into GMRS, and have a call sign of WRWV937. HAM also looks interesting but seems daunting with everything you have to know.

Welcome to the Adventure.
Being new has its advantages.
Always seek for new knowledge to your adventures.
Learn how to learn is my best help.
Be safe!!

Mark Sterling

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kings Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Felix
Last Name
Sterling
Member #

Hello everyone Im a newbie to this site and relatively new to overlanding.
Location-Frederick,Maryland
1999 4Runner is my latest rig
Also just got back from a little trip to Green Ridge state forest its a beautiful spot in western Md.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
I’m a newbie too! Looking forward to meeting like minded pep!
Welcome aboard.
Find those friends out there.

sasquatchoverlanding

Local Expert, Indiana USA

Expedition Master III

Whiteland, IN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRMM229
Service Branch
US Army

Welcome to Overland Bound your in the right place for all the right information!

sasquatchoverlanding

Local Expert, Indiana USA

Expedition Master III

Whiteland, IN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRMM229
Service Branch
US Army
Hello all YV (Mick) here nice to meet you all, I have said hello in my home country section, looking forward to build of this Shogun and seeing where we end up.

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey Tom, welcome to Overland Bound from the SF Bay Area!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey Mike and Bekki, welcome to Overland Bound from Northern California!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey Mick, welcome to Overland Bound from Northern California in the USA!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Mick
Our European Ambassador is Dave Spinks @PolarisOverland
West Europe, Local Experts are @professorpool @caspoint220
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
West Europe
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike and Bekki
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Local Experts; in Texas @roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Tom
Can you add a city or town to your profile, it will help the app and members get you local information. (Central Valley is a big area)
As for ham yes it seems daunting but in reality it is very easy. The best way to proceed is to get one of the many on line apps and just keep taking the test, the questions will come naturally once you take the test several times. Depending on your location there are several testing locations.
A great local contacts are @TOMB & @Motomikeca
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a very active meet-up in Livermore that meets monthly, they can be found on the map and calendar.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®