Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello, live in the Omaha Metro area (eastern nebraska).
I drive a Lexus GX460 and so far the only off reading I've done is drive into my yard to get closer to the back door.

Just over 100k so I've got alot of PMs I'll be documenting to share here and on my YouTube channel.

I was just diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. So no long range trips just yet. But we will be camping at various places local to us and will pass along the good and bad about each, as I know many of you drive through on I-80 to get to mountains.

As I outfit the vehicle I am going to set everything up for a future me that may not be as capable as I am now.
Hello Brian, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Kansas here.
total noob.
got the outdoor bug recently when we visited the southwest.
headed to Moab the end of this month. Not into crawling, just cool trails and scenic views.
glad to have found this place.
Hello Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound!

RichF92

Rank II
Investor

Contributor II

Ravensdale, WA, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Farnsworth
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS Callsign: WRPD838
Service Branch
USAF Retired
Hi! I am Rich from Ravensdale, WA. I am a lifelong outdoor adventurer, but new to the overlanding community. I switched from a full-size GMC to a Wrangler as my primary offroad vehicle a few years ago. After several years of research and planning, I'm in the process of building up my '21 JLU Rubicon for more adventures with my family. I will be doing a mix of my own builds and purchases and will be very interested in OB community feedback and recommendations.

Glad to be a part of the community.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi! I am Rich from Ravensdale, WA. I am a lifelong outdoor adventurer, but new to the overlanding community. I switched from a full-size GMC to a Wrangler as my primary offroad vehicle a few years ago. After several years of research and planning, I'm in the process of building up my '21 JLU Rubicon for more adventures with my family. I will be doing a mix of my own builds and purchases and will be very interested in OB community feedback and recommendations.

Hallo Rich
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

Welcome Rich!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Rich, welcome to Overland Bound.

SixOverland

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Riverside, CA, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WD6IQX
Service Branch
Army [ABN] 01-05

Welcome Rich!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound Rich
For you build question you might start here;
Overland Rigs
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Kansas here.
total noob.
got the outdoor bug recently when we visited the southwest.
headed to Moab the end of this month. Not into crawling, just cool trails and scenic views.
glad to have found this place.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, live in the Omaha Metro area (eastern nebraska).
I drive a Lexus GX460 and so far the only off reading I've done is drive into my yard to get closer to the back door.

Just over 100k so I've got alot of PMs I'll be documenting to share here and on my YouTube channel.

I was just diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. So no long range trips just yet. But we will be camping at various places local to us and will pass along the good and bad about each, as I know many of you drive through on I-80 to get to mountains.

As I outfit the vehicle I am going to set everything up for a future me that may not be as capable as I am now.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
RESOURCE MAP

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey OB fam. I am Richard and this is my first post here. I've got a Jeep 4xe that I have begun to slowly build out. I have plans to take on the Washington BDR later this year with another friend of mine. Can't wait to read about it on here to plan for it, and get the advice from the pros.
Welcome To Overland Bound Richard
@M Rose is the Regional Director who can get you in touch with a Member Representative for local information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: MMare and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is mike I am new to the overland community I was big in to jeeps and mudding back when I was younger. I now have a 2021 Nissan Titan pro4x and a 2018 klr650 I love adventures on 4 wheels and 2 wheels
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

I'm John, Army (Ret) vet and have absolutely zero experience adventure traveling but have many decades of road trips across the country via 4 wheel and 2 wheel (Goldwing). I've not done any form of camping since my active duty retirement some 20 years ago and actual camping during my knee high to a grasshopper scouting days. Currently call home in Fayetteville NC, and although I don't consider my car as an overlanding rig (2021 Subaru Crosstrek) as it's bone stock, one day it could be.

I recently decided to join Overland Bound and invest since I have been following Michael's & Corrie's Overland Bound, TrailRecon, LifestyleOverland, Epic Family Road Trip, Wayalife, Expedition Overland, and Marco at OVRLNDX YT channels for years.
Welcome To Overland Bound John
A great local resource is @NC-Trooper
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi!
I’m Reggie. I’m brand new to Overlanding. I have years of experience remote camping, and being off road with dirt bikes and ATVs, but now I’m combining everything and just getting started in this new area. I am a complete novice, starting all over at the beginning and soaking up as much as I can.
I’m on an Africa Twin M/C right now for my first trip in WA state coming up in June. Next step is building a 4 wheeled vehicle.
Thank you!
Welcome To Overland Bound Reggie
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map on your trip across the country to find other members and events in the areas you are in. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to over landing and am excited to make “adventure necessary” as I work less and begin to enjoy life more.
Recently acquired a 2014 Fj Cruiser that is becoming the vehicle to get my wife and I closer together outdoors.
Overland bound is helping this dream become reality.
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Rich, welcome to Overland Bound!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey OB fam. I am Richard and this is my first post here. I've got a Jeep 4xe that I have begun to slowly build out. I have plans to take on the Washington BDR later this year with another friend of mine. Can't wait to read about it on here to plan for it, and get the advice from the pros.
Hello Richard,
You will enjoy the WABDR greatly. We had a large group run it in 2020, and some of the people are thinking of running it again this year. You might contact @armyRN or @Ubiety for some first hand insight and pointers. @armyRN is also planning an IDBDR run this summer.

Overland Bound is divided into regions. We are in the Northwest region and I am the director for our region. The closest member rep is @jcgraves3. The member representatives are here to help you learn your way around the forums, use the app, as well as help with trips and meetups. John has a semi-monthly meetup in the Portland Metro area.

Tonight @Sandpoint Steve is hosting his monthly Inland Northwest Conference Call at 7:00 pm. The call is geared towards helping new overlanders connected with experienced overlanders. Even though the title says “Inland Northwest “, all members are encouraged and welcome to participate. Details are in the link above.

Once again Welcome,

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Tmelton

Rank II

Contributor III

Owings, MD, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Melton
Member #

Hello all Tommy here,
New this but cant wait to get my feet wet. My rig which will be my daily driver is a 2020 Subaru Ascent. Not looking to bury it but looking to go down the paths of the less traveled. Any ideas on upgrades and places to start would be most appreciated. Thanks