Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi!
I’m Reggie. I’m brand new to Overlanding. I have years of experience remote camping, and being off road with dirt bikes and ATVs, but now I’m combining everything and just getting started in this new area. I am a complete novice, starting all over at the beginning and soaking up as much as I can.
I’m on an Africa Twin M/C right now for my first trip in WA state coming up in June. Next step is building a 4 wheeled vehicle.
Thank you!
Hello Reggie, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,

I'm John, Army (Ret) vet and have absolutely zero experience adventure traveling but have many decades of road trips across the country via 4 wheel and 2 wheel (Goldwing). I've not done any form of camping since my active duty retirement some 20 years ago and actual camping during my knee high to a grasshopper scouting days. Currently call home in Fayetteville NC, and although I don't consider my car as an overlanding rig (2021 Subaru Crosstrek) as it's bone stock, one day it could be.

I recently decided to join Overland Bound and invest since I have been following Michael's & Corrie's Overland Bound, TrailRecon, LifestyleOverland, Epic Family Road Trip, Wayalife, Expedition Overland, and Marco at OVRLNDX YT channels for years.
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound and thank you for your service, it is appreciated.

hideoutADV

Rank III

Pathfinder II

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Grabowski
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi my name is mike I am new to the overland community I was big in to jeeps and mudding back when I was younger. I now have a 2021 Nissan Titan pro4x and a 2018 klr650 I love adventures on 4 wheels and 2 wheels

Attachments

Malifestro

Rank I
Investor

Traveler I

Tigard, OR, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
McAllen
Member #

Hey OB fam. I am Richard and this is my first post here. I've got a Jeep 4xe that I have begun to slowly build out. I have plans to take on the Washington BDR later this year with another friend of mine. Can't wait to read about it on here to plan for it, and get the advice from the pros.

402Overland

Rank I

Contributor III

Bellevue, Sarpy County, Nebraska, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Abington
Hello, live in the Omaha Metro area (eastern nebraska).
I drive a Lexus GX460 and so far the only off reading I've done is drive into my yard to get closer to the back door.

Just over 100k so I've got alot of PMs I'll be documenting to share here and on my YouTube channel.

I was just diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. So no long range trips just yet. But we will be camping at various places local to us and will pass along the good and bad about each, as I know many of you drive through on I-80 to get to mountains.

As I outfit the vehicle I am going to set everything up for a future me that may not be as capable as I am now.

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

I drive a Lexus GX460 and so far the only off reading I've done is drive into my yard to get closer to the back door.

Just over 100k so I've got alot of PMs I'll be documenting to share here and on my YouTube channel.

I was just diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. So no long range trips just yet. But we will be camping at various places local to us and will pass along the good and bad about each, as I know many of you drive through on I-80 to get to mountains.

As I outfit the vehicle I am going to set everything up for a future me that may not be as capable as I am now.
Hallo Brian
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey OB fam. I am Richard and this is my first post here. I've got a Jeep 4xe that I have begun to slowly build out. I have plans to take on the Washington BDR later this year with another friend of mine. Can't wait to read about it on here to plan for it, and get the advice from the pros.
Hallo Richard
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello,

I'm John, Army (Ret) vet and have absolutely zero experience adventure traveling but have many decades of road trips across the country via 4 wheel and 2 wheel (Goldwing). I've not done any form of camping since my active duty retirement some 20 years ago and actual camping during my knee high to a grasshopper scouting days. Currently call home in Fayetteville NC, and although I don't consider my car as an overlanding rig (2021 Subaru Crosstrek) as it's bone stock, one day it could be.

I recently decided to join Overland Bound and invest since I have been following Michael's & Corrie's Overland Bound, TrailRecon, LifestyleOverland, Epic Family Road Trip, Wayalife, Expedition Overland, and Marco at OVRLNDX YT channels for years.
Hallo John
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi!
I’m Reggie. I’m brand new to Overlanding. I have years of experience remote camping, and being off road with dirt bikes and ATVs, but now I’m combining everything and just getting started in this new area. I am a complete novice, starting all over at the beginning and soaking up as much as I can.
I’m on an Africa Twin M/C right now for my first trip in WA state coming up in June. Next step is building a 4 wheeled vehicle.
Thank you!
Hallo Reggie
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Brian, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Richard, welcome to Overland Bound.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New to over landing and am excited to make “adventure necessary” as I work less and begin to enjoy life more.
Recently acquired a 2014 Fj Cruiser that is becoming the vehicle to get my wife and I closer together outdoors.
Overland bound is helping this dream become reality.
Hello Michael, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi!
Thank you!
Hello Reggie, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello,

Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi my name is mike I am new to the overland community I was big in to jeeps and mudding back when I was younger. I now have a 2021 Nissan Titan pro4x and a 2018 klr650 I love adventures on 4 wheels and 2 wheels
Hello Mike, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Richard, welcome to Overland Bound!