Rank VII

World Traveler I

Santa Clara, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Hey everyone! I’m new, joined a couple months ago. Own a 2008 Wrangler Rubicon JKU. Live in the San Diego/Temecula, Ca area, retired USMC. Started overlanding when Covid kicked off as a way to get outdoors and back to nature! As I post this, I just picked up my 22’ Jeep 392 XR…can’t wait to build it up and hit the trails!
Hey Jimmy, welcome to the Family. Interested to see how the 392 XR build goes.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

IceIceBaby42

Rank VII

World Traveler I

First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Hello Overlanders!

My name is Mark, and I'm pumped to be here.

1) I am in Temecula, CA

2) The Rig: 2018 Jeep JLUR + 2022 Hive EX Expedition Camper Trailer

3) I like to think my experience cannot be as much as many of you, so i'll note my experience level as "intermediate". :)

Just acquired the newest, and likely the greatest, addition to the rig (The Hive Camper)... Here is our current setup!

View attachment 227351View attachment 227352
Great looking rig!! Welcome to the OB family.

IceIceBaby42

Rank VII

World Traveler I

First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Hi all,

I’m Kelly, and I reside in the suburbs of Tucson, Arizona. Overland noob here, but was a boy scout, rock crawler and a general gear head. oh and I love a project! As I’ve aged, I don’t sleep as well without a proper bed compared to my youth. To me that means I need a full length queen mattress, and of course I have my own ideas on what my set up needs to be. My current plan is an extra long square drop. My tow rig is a 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Looking forward to getting thoughts and advice from y’all!View attachment 227189
Welcome Kelly, love the Tucson area. Welcome to OB.

IceIceBaby42

Rank VII

World Traveler I

First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Hi everyone!
I've been following Overland Bound on YouTube for quite a while now, but just getting around to joining the forums.

Rig: 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser triple-locked
Experience: Intermediate

View attachment 227033
Photo taken on Broken Arrow trail in Sedona,AZ
Love the photo!!! Welcome to the forums.

IceIceBaby42

Rank VII

World Traveler I

First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Good morning folks! New to the forum and overlanding but not new to camping, 4 wheeling or adventure. Born and raised in FL but been around Columbus, OH for almost 10 years. I am in the oil & gas engineering business and travel around the country most every week.

I have a 15 day trip to some Montana Forest Service cabins via a rental Jeep Rubicon scheduled for June.

2022 4Runner Off Road Premium
2 dogs and me (Steve)
Hey Steve, safe travels on your 15 day trip. Sounds like a blast!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everybody! I'm Scott from the Austin, Texas area. I drive a 2015 Rav4 XLE with a sleeping platform and kitchenette. It is 2wd so I am primarily on dirt roads, beaches and highways. My favorite spots to travel to are the Texas gulf beaches and Texas State Parks. I joined OB to meet people who are interested in the outdoors and the stewardship and conservation of our land and trails. I am fairly experienced in overlanding and starting to get my 4 year old involved. I used to be heavily involved in Search and Rescue, outdoor education and now I'm excited to be a part of the OB family and I look forward to many trips with yall!
Hello Scott, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey Everyone, I'm Nate. I have a '19 Ford Ranger FX4 I'm making into my overlanding rig, who my 5 year old daughter has aptly named "Lyla", and is relentless about it.
I'm based out of Sacramento CA but originally from Calaveras County here in CA. I'm entirely new to the overlanding world, but excited to start exploring! Hopefully I can meet some awesome people here to learn from.
Hello Nate, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all,

My name is Ricardo. I'm from Costa Rica, but I'm currently living in Pittsburgh, PA. I recently purchased a 2014 SR5 Toyota 4Runner. I like to call it "FurRunner" since I now use it to take my dogs places and camping. It has no mods yet, but I hope to get it ready for some trails soon. It is a 2WD so I would appreciate your advice on places to go and what mods could help me the most. I'm not planning on doing any crazy trail yet as I'm a novice.

I hope we get a chance to meet... hopefully in the woods!
Hello Ricardo, welcome to Overland Bound.

Aordy1

Rank II

Contributor III

Russellville, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Terence
Last Name
Hartwick
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello all, my name is Terence and I'm a novice in Overlanding, but have been into outdoors and camping all my life. I live between the Ozarks and Ouchita mountains in Russellville, AR. Just recently bought a 2021 Chevy Trailboss and decided to begin to build my first overland vehicle. While also rebuilding a 1975 International Scout ii. Hope to learn and contribute to the group.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all, my name is Terence and I'm a novice in Overlanding, but have been into outdoors and camping all my life. I live between the Ozarks and Ouchita mountains in Russellville, AR. Just recently bought a 2021 Chevy Trailboss and decided to begin to build my first overland vehicle. While also rebuilding a 1975 International Scout ii. Hope to learn and contribute to the group.
Hello Terence, welcome to Overland Bound.

Mean.muggin

Rank II

Contributor III

Alexandria, VA, USA
First Name
Noah
Last Name
Kent
Member #

Hey all,

My name is Noah, long time wheeler, shorter time overlander (2 years or so and counting). Totally didn't know about this huge group and resource node, just randomly popped up on my FB as a group I might want to join.

Don't have too much experience with trail fixes or with complicated recovery, but I'm very experienced in wheeling and wheeling techniques. If you guys run a group (on a trail) and in need of an extra experienced hand give me a hollar.

Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.): 2008 Toyota 4Runner V8 Limited
Overlanding Experience Background: Experienced

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey all,

My name is Noah, long time wheeler, shorter time overlander (2 years or so and counting). Totally didn't know about this huge group and resource node, just randomly popped up on my FB as a group I might want to join.

Don't have too much experience with trail fixes or with complicated recovery, but I'm very experienced in wheeling and wheeling techniques. If you guys run a group (on a trail) and in need of an extra experienced hand give me a hollar.

Hallo Noah
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Terence
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

Welcome To Overland Bound Noah
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Terence
A great contact for you in AR is @BlueLineOverland
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and Aordy1

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

My name is Ricardo. I'm from Costa Rica, but I'm currently living in Pittsburgh, PA. I recently purchased a 2014 SR5 Toyota 4Runner. I like to call it "FurRunner" since I now use it to take my dogs places and camping. It has no mods yet, but I hope to get it ready for some trails soon. It is a 2WD so I would appreciate your advice on places to go and what mods could help me the most. I'm not planning on doing any crazy trail yet as I'm a novice.

I hope we get a chance to meet... hopefully in the woods!
Welcome To Overland Bound Ricardo
A good local contact is @Wawa Skittletits
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone, I'm Nate. I have a '19 Ford Ranger FX4 I'm making into my overlanding rig, who my 5 year old daughter has aptly named "Lyla", and is relentless about it.
I'm based out of Sacramento CA but originally from Calaveras County here in CA. I'm entirely new to the overlanding world, but excited to start exploring! Hopefully I can meet some awesome people here to learn from.
Welcome to Overland Bound Nate
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
You might be interested in the local meet-up in El Dorado Hills;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: Shahn

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Welcome!!!! If I can do anything to help please don't hesitate to reach out. I've added a bunch of great spots in the Ozarks so check out the map cheers!