Rank VI

Steward I

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I'm a newbie to overlanding and glad to find this OB community - the name is Gordon, I live in Orange County, CA, and am learning off-roading skills in my 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 (below). Looking forward to learning a lot from this group, and contributing when I can.
View attachment 226910
Welcome to OB, Gordon!

jwright

Rank VI

Steward I

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wright
Member #

New overlander here in N. GA. My wife and I are in our mid-50's and kids are out of the house. We have a 2020 Wrangler JLU and 2021 Gladiator Mojave. Mojave will be our primary overlanding vehicle. Can't wait to get out and start experiencing more of what our great country has to offer. Until retirement it may only be 2-3 weeks a year but we're going to try and make the best of that time!

View attachment 226876
Welcome to OB, @Z Adventures! Nice Gladiator!

Last edited:

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Steve and I live in Brookville Indiana. I drive an 86 chevy k20 and I'm slowly turning that into my overland rig. I hope here soon I'm able to meet some of you on trail and go out get lost in the woods.
Hallo Steve
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

wyatt2852

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Wyatt
Last Name
Dolan
Member #

Hello, I am Wyatt. I am very new to overlanding. Have been interested in it for a while but just never got into to it. I am from Columbus MS. I just got a 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2 And hope to get out and use it soon. It is also my daily driver. It needs some work but I don't mind that. I got a good deal on it and I have to have a vehicle anyway. I do hope to start installing some up grades for overlanding soon.

Attachments

jwright

Rank VI

Steward I

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hello, I am Wyatt. I am very new to overlanding. Have been interested in it for a while but just never got into to it. I am from Columbus MS. I just got a 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2 And hope to get out and use it soon. It is also my daily driver. It needs some work but I don't mind that. I got a good deal on it and I have to have a vehicle anyway. I do hope to start installing some up grades for overlanding soon.
Welcome to OB, Wyatt! I use my GX460 as my daily driver too.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Whatt.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone my name is Steve and I live in Brookville Indiana. I drive an 86 chevy k20 and I'm slowly turning that into my overland rig. I hope here soon I'm able to meet some of you on trail and go out get lost in the woods.
Welcome to Overland Bound Steve
Fun rig to work on.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!
I've been following Overland Bound on YouTube for quite a while now, but just getting around to joining the forums.

Rig: 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser triple-locked
Experience: Intermediate

View attachment 227033
Photo taken on Broken Arrow trail in Sedona,AZ
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave is a great resource.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Wyatt. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi everyone!
I've been following Overland Bound on YouTube for quite a while now, but just getting around to joining the forums.

View attachment 227033
Hello Cameron, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Wyatt, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

MTN_TACO

Rank V

Influencer II

Sewickley, PA, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
VanHorn
Member #

Welcome Wyatt! Make sure you stay safe out there and leave things better then you find it!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Wyatt
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Wyatt,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Nice Discovery! So, 2003 - it´s already a 4.6 V8, right?

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

wyatt2852

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Wyatt
Last Name
Dolan
Member #

Hi Wyatt,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Nice Discovery! So, 2003 - it´s already a 4.6 V8, right?

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern
Yes it is. It does have a few issues I have to work on. Valve cover gaskets and make sure they are no other oil leaks. Also I am ordering the brakes and rotors today.

Jstrohbehn87

Rank III

Traveler III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Strohbehn
Member #

Hi everyone!

View attachment 227033
Hello and welcome!

Brian Forrester

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Temple City, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Forrester
Member #

Hey all,

I'm Brian, located in Temple City, CA.
Currently own an 05 Ford Super duty (keep threatening to buy something smaller purely to get off the pavement).
Have two young girls, looking to get them outdoors and off the beaten path a bit. Haven't put the camping gear to use in many years and that needs to change. Pretty much a novice with off-road and overlanding outside of a few desert excursions many moons ago. Hope to meet like minded people.