Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thanks for the Add.

Current Rig: 2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Diesel
Experience: Semi Experienced. My first vehicle was a 1996 Diesel 4x4 Suburban. Years of rough country camping.
Hello Steve, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good morning folks! New to the forum and overlanding but not new to camping, 4 wheeling or adventure. Born and raised in FL but been around Columbus, OH for almost 10 years. I am in the oil & gas engineering business and travel around the country most every week.

I have a 15 day trip to some Montana Forest Service cabins via a rental Jeep Rubicon scheduled for June.

2022 4Runner Off Road Premium
2 dogs and me (Steve)

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Morning y'all!! New to the forum and overlanding (only been once with a rental).
Vehicle: 2014 1500 Ram Ecodiesel (not currently setup for overlanding, working on that part as we speak....)
Location: Currently stationed on Oahu - moving to Clearwater FL this summer.

I'm using my summer move to overland across the country with my 8 year old daughter, stopping at multiple places along the way during our 2-3 week trip.

I have seen Michael's youtube channel (as well as a few others) and been researching the best gear for my travels and budget.

Current wants (by order of need/want): Rack, Tent, Awning, Bed drawers (thinking about building this one), Electrical setup, Fridge... can't think of much more right now. Thanks for letting me join on this adventure with everyone!
Hello Evan, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, I'm new to this forum, but not new to what is now known as "overlanding". I'm building an 89 Ford Bronco II, It's my 2nd. The first has more than 400,000 miles and has taken me all over the United States, as well as served as a tow and work vehicle. Admirably...I must add.
The new project will include a 5.0 upgrade, 4R70W trans, Dana 20 xnfer case, along with the D35/8.8 combo I used on the old truck. Along with a whole pile of upgrades to every system on the truck.
I'll be using this for everything from local runs, to towing my boat on fishing trips, and traveling/camping with my wife.
I'm most interested to know how the overlanding community has solved some of the challenges of getting off road and getting home safely.
Hello Charles, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello! I am "PookyHobbes". After recently moving back to Germany, I am now looking for a new adventure. I already went on a few day trips with members of Overland Bound and had a great time! Unfortunately, I do not have my own car yet, but I am looking for a Subaru Forester or a Jeep Cherokee. Advice is always welcomed as I am a total newbie at overlanding. :)
Hello Pooky, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello my name is Shawn, from good old Cheyenne Wyoming. Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s adventures and posting some of my own with friends and family. Sharing ideas and hopefully seeing more of the road less traveled. Thanks for having me.
Hello Shawn, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, I’m Fernando. I live in the Texas Gulf Coast. I have a 2021 Army Green Tacoma Off Road TRD and I’m excited to be here. New to Overlanding. Looking forward to learning and getting some much needed guidance. Hope to meet and start participating.
Hello Fernando (@Fernando1967 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
New overlander here in N. GA. My wife and I are in our mid-50's and kids are out of the house. We have a 2020 Wrangler JLU and 2021 Gladiator Mojave. Mojave will be our primary overlanding vehicle. Can't wait to get out and start experiencing more of what our great country has to offer. Until retirement it may only be 2-3 weeks a year but we're going to try and make the best of that time!

View attachment 226876
Hello Mark, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi Long time car camper, overlander, etc. from stock vehicles to more built vehicles I think it's about getting and seeing , doing, and providing the experiences you can and want to have solo, with friends, or family.
We're a family of six in Boulder, CO and I am an assistant coach on my two high schooler's mountain bike team. We have dispersed camped for all of their races for the last three years plus many other similar trips throughout the years.We have built our family Suburban (Yukon XL) to be more capable for forest roads, and generally equipped it to be more trip/ camping specific, and probably a few not strictly necessary things.

Our current rig:
2007 Yukon XL Denali dubbed "Mucho"
  • 6.2L mostly stock
  • 6L80 (six speed) new last year
  • G80 14 bolt rear w/ 3.42 gears (stock)
  • Icon 2.5 Coilovers set at 2.5" lift
  • Cognito upper control arms
  • Dobinson 2" lift rear springs
  • Baseline Overland Roof Rack
  • Modified Chassis Unlimited winch bumper
  • Warn 12K winch w/ Factor 55 flat link
  • redarc tow pro trailer break controller.
  • 33" AT tires (Goodyear Ultraterrain)
  • Optima Yellow Top Battery
  • Offroad lights and controller
Hello Peter, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I'm a newbie to overlanding and glad to find this OB community - the name is Gordon, I live in Orange County, CA, and am learning off-roading skills in my 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 (below). Looking forward to learning a lot from this group, and contributing when I can.
View attachment 226910
Hello Gordon, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone!
I've been following Overland Bound on YouTube for quite a while now, but just getting around to joining the forums.

Rig: 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser triple-locked
Experience: Intermediate

View attachment 227033
Photo taken on Broken Arrow trail in Sedona,AZ
Hello Cameron, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone my name is Steve and I live in Brookville Indiana. I drive an 86 chevy k20 and I'm slowly turning that into my overland rig. I hope here soon I'm able to meet some of you on trail and go out get lost in the woods.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, I am Wyatt. I am very new to overlanding. Have been interested in it for a while but just never got into to it. I am from Columbus MS. I just got a 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2 And hope to get out and use it soon. It is also my daily driver. It needs some work but I don't mind that. I got a good deal on it and I have to have a vehicle anyway. I do hope to start installing some up grades for overlanding soon.
Hello Wyatt, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey all,

I'm Brian, located in Temple City, CA.
Currently own an 05 Ford Super duty (keep threatening to buy something smaller purely to get off the pavement).
Have two young girls, looking to get them outdoors and off the beaten path a bit. Haven't put the camping gear to use in many years and that needs to change. Pretty much a novice with off-road and overlanding outside of a few desert excursions many moons ago. Hope to meet like minded people.
Hello Brian, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all,

I’m Kelly, and I reside in the suburbs of Tucson, Arizona. Overland noob here, but was a boy scout, rock crawler and a general gear head. oh and I love a project! As I’ve aged, I don’t sleep as well without a proper bed compared to my youth. To me that means I need a full length queen mattress, and of course I have my own ideas on what my set up needs to be. My current plan is an extra long square drop. My tow rig is a 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Looking forward to getting thoughts and advice from y’all!View attachment 227189
Hello Kelly, welcome to the OB family.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey all,

I'm Brian, located in Temple City, CA.
Currently own an 05 Ford Super duty (keep threatening to buy something smaller purely to get off the pavement).
Have two young girls, looking to get them outdoors and off the beaten path a bit. Haven't put the camping gear to use in many years and that needs to change. Pretty much a novice with off-road and overlanding outside of a few desert excursions many moons ago. Hope to meet like minded people.
Hi Brian and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R