freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello! I am "PookyHobbes". After recently moving back to Germany, I am now looking for a new adventure. I already went on a few day trips with members of Overland Bound and had a great time! Unfortunately, I do not have my own car yet, but I am looking for a Subaru Forester or a Jeep Cherokee. Advice is always welcomed as I am a total newbie at overlanding. :)
Hello Damaris, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello my name is Shawn, from good old Cheyenne Wyoming. Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s adventures and posting some of my own with friends and family. Sharing ideas and hopefully seeing more of the road less traveled. Thanks for having me.
Hello Shawn, welcome to Overland Bound.

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Hello my name is Shawn, from good old Cheyenne Wyoming. Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s adventures and posting some of my own with friends and family. Sharing ideas and hopefully seeing more of the road less traveled. Thanks for having me.
Welcome and hello! I too enjoy those less travels roads! Look forward to seeing your adventures!

Swingpilot86

Rank 0

Contributor I

Honolulu, HI, USA
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Swinghamer
Service Branch
Coast Guard
No kidding! if you come visit lets meet up! I work form home now I am a director of security for a gov contractor company. I moved here from San Antonio 2 years ago when I married my wife who lived here and whose kid was just starting highschool.
I should be coming through in March to see the rents! Will definitely hit you up prior to that to share details and timeframe of when I may travel through!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Welcome we have only joined a few weeks ago. But love the idea of adventure. Had a family event in Fresno. Camped at Millerton Lake. Not really off roaring but better than a hotel.
Hi Chris,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Wow, I like those 4runners. Enjoy.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Welcome we have only joined a few weeks ago. But love the idea of adventure. Had a family event in Fresno. Camped at Millerton Lake. Not really off roaring but better than a hotel.
Welcome to overland bound! I loved in hotels for work for 14 years. Camping Is definitely better!!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
No kidding! if you come visit lets meet up! I work form home now I am a director of security for a gov contractor company. I moved here from San Antonio 2 years ago when I married my wife who lived here and whose kid was just starting highschool.
I should be coming through in March to see the rents! Will definitely hit you up prior to that to share details and timeframe of when I may travel through!
Sounds great! Looking forward to it

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hello, I’m Fernando. I live in the Texas Gulf Coast. I have a 2021 Army Green Tacoma Off Road TRD and I’m excited to be here. New to Overlanding. Looking forward to learning and getting some much needed guidance. Hope to meet and start participating.
Hello Fernando1967 (@Fernando1967 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am Corey, one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Mike (@Roots66 ).

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

Other resources:

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.

RESOURCE MAP

Adventure and Expedition Tutorials

Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials

Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Online Courses - Tread Lightly

Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m Fernando. I live in the Texas Gulf Coast. I have a 2021 Army Green Tacoma Off Road TRD and I’m excited to be here. New to Overlanding. Looking forward to learning and getting some much needed guidance. Hope to meet and start participating.
Welcome to Overland Bound Fernando
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Jose, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo José
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Fernando and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Fernando, welcome to Overland Bound!

Z Adventures

Rank VI
Investor

Pathfinder III

Georgia, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Zeilenga
Member #

New overlander here in N. GA. My wife and I are in our mid-50's and kids are out of the house. We have a 2020 Wrangler JLU and 2021 Gladiator Mojave. Mojave will be our primary overlanding vehicle. Can't wait to get out and start experiencing more of what our great country has to offer. Until retirement it may only be 2-3 weeks a year but we're going to try and make the best of that time!

OB has a great list of core values. As a beginner in all this I especially like #16:

We support those seeking answers, understanding we all start somewhere.

20210922_175056.jpg

Last edited:

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New overlander here in N. GA. My wife and I are in our mid-50's and kids are out of the house. We have a 2020 Wrangler JLU and 2021 Gladiator Mojave. Mojave will be our primary overlanding vehicle. Can't wait to get out and start experiencing more of what our great country has to offer. Until retirement it may only be 2-3 weeks a year but we're going to try and make the best of that time!
Hello Mark, welcome to Overland Bound!