Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello.

Been a member for a while, finally got around to posting.

Northwest region
2018 Toyota tacoma
I'd say I have an intermediate level of experience with offroading and overlanding.

Mostly hiking and camping and the truck gets me there.
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

PookyHobbes

Rank II

Member I

Heppenheim, Hesse, Germany
First Name
Damaris
Last Name
Friesen
Member #

Hello! I am "PookyHobbes". After recently moving back to Germany, I am now looking for a new adventure. I already went on a few day trips with members of Overland Bound and had a great time! Unfortunately, I do not have my own car yet, but I am looking for a Subaru Forester or a Jeep Cherokee. Advice is always welcomed as I am a total newbie at overlanding. :)

Western Skies Overland-WY

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Cheyenne, Laramie County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Roney
Member #

Hello my name is Shawn, from good old Cheyenne Wyoming. Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s adventures and posting some of my own with friends and family. Sharing ideas and hopefully seeing more of the road less traveled. Thanks for having me.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello my name is Shawn, from good old Cheyenne Wyoming. Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s adventures and posting some of my own with friends and family. Sharing ideas and hopefully seeing more of the road less traveled. Thanks for having me.
Hallo Shawn
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello! I am "PookyHobbes". After recently moving back to Germany, I am now looking for a new adventure. I already went on a few day trips with members of Overland Bound and had a great time! Unfortunately, I do not have my own car yet, but I am looking for a Subaru Forester or a Jeep Cherokee. Advice is always welcomed as I am a total newbie at overlanding. :)
Hallo Damaris
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello.

Been a member for a while, finally got around to posting.

Northwest region
2018 Toyota tacoma
I'd say I have an intermediate level of experience with offroading and overlanding.

Mostly hiking and camping and the truck gets me there.
Hi Calvin and welcome to Overland Bound! Enjoy!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi everyone, I'm a newbee to Overlanding...infact...still in the process of the build of my 2009 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 (150,000 miles). I'm trying to get the suspension upgraded but CJC is booked until August already. I have some hunting plans already set up for the fall. Was hoping to get my rig set up by then. if anyone has any ideas let me know. I've attached a photo of the rigs current state and set up. lol I know, I've watching videos of how fast you guys get camp set up. This camp did not take less than a minute to set up or tear down. lol
Hi Roy and welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Good morning folks! New to the forum and overlanding but not new to camping, 4 wheeling or adventure. Born and raised in FL but been around Columbus, OH for almost 10 years. I am in the oil & gas engineering business and travel around the country most every week.

I have a 15 day trip to some Montana Forest Service cabins via a rental Jeep Rubicon scheduled for June.

2022 4Runner Off Road Premium
2 dogs and me (Steve)
Hi Steve,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Enjoy your trip to Montana.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Morning y'all!! New to the forum and overlanding (only been once with a rental).
Vehicle: 2014 1500 Ram Ecodiesel (not currently setup for overlanding, working on that part as we speak....)
Location: Currently stationed on Oahu - moving to Clearwater FL this summer.

I'm using my summer move to overland across the country with my 8 year old daughter, stopping at multiple places along the way during our 2-3 week trip.

I have seen Michael's youtube channel (as well as a few others) and been researching the best gear for my travels and budget.

Current wants (by order of need/want): Rack, Tent, Awning, Bed drawers (thinking about building this one), Electrical setup, Fridge... can't think of much more right now. Thanks for letting me join on this adventure with everyone!
Hi Evan and welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
hello everyone! new one here and excited to share ideas and experiences.

Bellow a picture of my rig (JEH Outdoors mobile) 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 Carbonpro edition

View attachment 226705
Hi Javier,

That is a nice looking rig!

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello, I'm new to this forum, but not new to what is now known as "overlanding". I'm building an 89 Ford Bronco II, It's my 2nd. The first has more than 400,000 miles and has taken me all over the United States, as well as served as a tow and work vehicle. Admirably...I must add.
The new project will include a 5.0 upgrade, 4R70W trans, Dana 20 xnfer case, along with the D35/8.8 combo I used on the old truck. Along with a whole pile of upgrades to every system on the truck.
I'll be using this for everything from local runs, to towing my boat on fishing trips, and traveling/camping with my wife.
I'm most interested to know how the overlanding community has solved some of the challenges of getting off road and getting home safely.
Hi Charles and welcome to Overland Bound!

Wow, that sounds like a nice Bronco built! Please share some pictures if you like.

Greetings,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Damaris,

Check out the MidEurope Rally Points if you like and see what´s coming up next. Would be great to see you on the trails out here.

We have also a virtual campfire across Europe every 2nd week. You will find that in the Rally Points also.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me - always happy to help other overlanders.

Cheers, Björn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Shawn and welcome to Overland Bound!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Damaris, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Shawn, welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Shawn
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho