Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Morning Everyone,

My name is Ian, and I am located in Placerville, CA. My wife Kimberly and I have two Jeeps, a 2016 JKU Rubicon on 35s and a 2000 TJ Sahara on 33s. We are novice overlanders who enjoy wheeling in the snow, cruising the dunes at Pismo, and exploring old mining towns in the desert.

View attachment 225566
Welcome To Overland Bound Ian & Kimberly, it was great to meet you guys the other day.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. You can find the Sierra Foothills Overlanders meet-up on the map.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Ian G and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey, finally got around to joining! My name's Josh and I'm located in Trenton Ontario Canada. My current "rig" is a 2012 dodge journey. Not the most capable but for what I had available to me it will do. New to overlanding but I grew up in northern Ontario and my weekends were spent wandering the bush and exploring. Lots of backpack camping.
Hello Josh, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Jim Simmons here. I live in Grand Haven, Michigan...a small harbor town along Lake Michigan. I look forward to joining a few others for an adventure along the CDT in 2023. I have a 2012 Jeep JKU that continues to evolve as I move toward 2023. I'm certain that I can learn from many of you about a bunch of things.
Hello Jim, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey Overland Bound friends,

My name is Nate. I am completely new to Overlanding. Im excited to get out and explore but my work schedule and family life makes it difficult. I eager to learn from everyone on here.

1) Location: Salem, OR
2) Rig: 2003 Nissan Xterra
3) Experience: Overland Novice
Hello Nate, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and IronFox

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Good Morning Everyone,

My name is Ian, and I am located in Placerville, CA. My wife Kimberly and I have two Jeeps, a 2016 JKU Rubicon on 35s and a 2000 TJ Sahara on 33s. We are novice overlanders who enjoy wheeling in the snow, cruising the dunes at Pismo, and exploring old mining towns in the desert.

View attachment 225566
Hallo Ian
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi!
I actually found this site watching prepper UTube videos. I’m beefing up my FAKs and stumbled upon Dr. Chris’s vids. I had to join to get his supplies list!:blush:

I’m super excited about the potential of … off-roading or over-landing? What’s the correct verbiage? Are they one & the same? When I think of off-roading, I think of my high school years in Texas, Michigan and Colorado slinging mud & “practicing inclement weather driving control” pulling donuts, and of course, navigating to field parties and bon-fires!
I currently reside inTucson, AZ.

My rig? Don’t have one yet. I own a 2WD POS (piece of s**t) 2008 Jeep Patriot with over 100K miles that I barely trust to drive across town, let alone go off-roading.
I was in the process of looking for a new vehicle and trying to figure out truck vs SUV when all of a sudden (seriously- within 2weeks) there were few to be found! Maybe now with gas prices spiking, I’ll be able to find a 4WD rig!

I’m an experienced (albeit rusty) hiker & camper. When I had horses, I combined my love of riding with camping! Best years of my life!!! Sadly, due to the long term sequelae of Covid, I’m no longer able to work as annRN, nor hike. (I’m slowly making progress though). I’m hopeful I’ll be able to get involved with Overland Bound! Sounds like so much fun!
Hello Jennifer, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Good Morning Everyone,

View attachment 225566
Hello Kimberly and Ian, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and Ian G

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi!
I actually found this site watching prepper UTube videos. I’m beefing up my FAKs and stumbled upon Dr. Chris’s vids. I had to join to get his supplies list!:blush:

I’m super excited about the potential of … off-roading or over-landing? What’s the correct verbiage? Are they one & the same? When I think of off-roading, I think of my high school years in Texas, Michigan and Colorado slinging mud & “practicing inclement weather driving control” pulling donuts, and of course, navigating to field parties and bon-fires!
I currently reside inTucson, AZ.

My rig? Don’t have one yet. I own a 2WD POS (piece of s**t) 2008 Jeep Patriot with over 100K miles that I barely trust to drive across town, let alone go off-roading.
I was in the process of looking for a new vehicle and trying to figure out truck vs SUV when all of a sudden (seriously- within 2weeks) there were few to be found! Maybe now with gas prices spiking, I’ll be able to find a 4WD rig!

I’m an experienced (albeit rusty) hiker & camper. When I had horses, I combined my love of riding with camping! Best years of my life!!! Sadly, due to the long term sequelae of Covid, I’m no longer able to work as annRN, nor hike. (I’m slowly making progress though). I’m hopeful I’ll be able to get involved with Overland Bound! Sounds like so much fun!
Hallo Jennifer
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

zann68

Rank III

Pathfinder II

New Brockton, Coffee County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Jordan
Member #

Hello everyone Jeff Jordan here. I am located in South East Alabama New Brockton. I have been camping and hiking for as long as I can remeber. I have 2009 Chevy Silverado setup to do Overlanding now aloing with a 12000lbs wench. No 4x4 just a 2wd with a locker. Done several trips now with my sons and we love it!

Attachments

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello everyone Jeff Jordan here. I am located in South East Alabama New Brockton. I have been camping and hiking for as long as I can remeber. I have 2009 Chevy Silverado setup to do Overlanding now aloing with a 12000lbs wench. No 4x4 just a 2wd with a locker. Done several trips now with my sons and we love it!
Welcome to Overland Bound, Jeff! Nice set up!

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

Ball Ground, Pickens County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
Hello from Nash Vegas!

The other day, my Doctor said "You need to get a hobby." I am a semi-retired workaholic who has decided revisit the activities I enjoyed in the past. Fishing, camping and traveling the highways and byways. I feel confident this community can help fulfill my needs.
Great hobby to get into brother! Welcome.

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

Ball Ground, Pickens County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
Traveling with your sons is THE WAY to go! Good for you! Hope to take my grandsons soon.

R

RN J

Hi! I’m absolutely in love with the idea of the ‘tent’ on the roof or elevated! The idea of not having to worry about waking up to a rattler or scorpion in the tent sounds wonderful!
I’ve seen a lot of similar configurations but nothing in person. How do you like the roof tent you have? Would you recommend it?
Not sure what I’d do with my 98# German Shepherd though! :neutral:

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Jeff
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

zann68

Rank III

Pathfinder II

New Brockton, Coffee County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Jordan
Member #

Hi! I’m absolutely in love with the idea of the ‘tent’ on the roof or elevated! The idea of not having to worry about waking up to a rattler or scorpion in the tent sounds wonderful!
I’ve seen a lot of similar configurations but nothing in person. How do you like the roof tent you have? Would you recommend it?
Not sure what I’d do with my 98# German Shepherd though! :neutral:
Absolutely love it. I would highly recommend it. The easy setup and take down is perfect. Sleeps great as well. I normally hammock camp when backpacking. No issues with critters, specially bears in the Smokey Mountains. I have the OVS TMBK3 and 270 awning. The awning is great also.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Overland Bound friends,

My name is Nate. I am completely new to Overlanding. Im excited to get out and explore but my work schedule and family life makes it difficult. I eager to learn from everyone on here.

1) Location: Salem, OR
2) Rig: 2003 Nissan Xterra
3) Experience: Overland Novice

Hello Nate, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound